• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of Independent, Limited and Region Specific Retail Releases

Never heard of this game... :x

Speaking of games folk never heard of there is actually a 6DOF shooter coming to PS4/XB1 that completely avoided my radar. Sublevel Zero Redux is coming to PS4/XB1 in Q4 (PAL regions).

PS4_3D_Packshot_1024x1024.png

UCBooties

What is the XBox One game with the fantasy art on the left side of the OP picture? I can't access the spreadsheet to figure it out.

Thanks

Megauap

The spreadsheet should be updated as Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 are already released in Europe.
Thanks for your hard work, subbed.

Had my import copy of Dex for PS4 arrive this week and I'm pretty pleased with it. Didn't expect to get a manual and CD soundtrack for $22 CAD (via eBay - there are multiple new listings in that price range).

pJstvqH.jpg

Game itself is pretty neat so far too; it feels like a cross between the GBA Splinter Cell games and Deus Ex.

Saw this on twitter and looking to confirm the info but it seems Mighty Switch Force 1/2 may be getting a combined physical release from Rising Star Games on 3DS while Hyper Dive Edition is coming to PS4 via Limited Run Games. Box art looks legitimate and Rising Star did publish Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on 3DS earlier this year.

qYbL52V.png

TheMoon

Saw this on twitter and looking to confirm the info but it seems Mighty Switch Force 1/2 may be getting a combined physical release from Rising Star Games on 3DS while Hyper Dive Edition is coming to PS4 via Limited Run Games. Box art looks legitimate and Rising Star did publish Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on 3DS earlier this year.

qYbL52V.png

the more I look at it the more it looks like a bad photoshop job. art split is not symmetrical, RSG logo is oddly placed and looks transparent.

the more I look at it the more it looks like a bad photoshop job. art split is not symmetrical, RSG logo is oddly placed and looks transparent.

Hmm, taking a second look the RSG logo text does run longer than their other releases. I suppose it could just be a tentative cover for mapping things out, but we'll have to see.

Clive

Waiting until Jan for Abzu physical. Have Firewatch PS4 coming in the mail too :)

Such a great time for fans of physical indies on consoles. Both of those have been ordered by me too. My PS4 collection just looks so colorful and fun compared to the PS3 and 360.

Thanks for the heads up on Dex being cheap on eBay too, dancrane212. That one is also on its way to me.

Also, not sure if it's supposed to get added now or later but Super Robot Wars V got a release date in in Asia in English on PS4 and Vita and that date is on February 23.

Missed this earlier in the month but the previously PAL exclusive Anima: Gate Of Memories (physically on PS4) is getting a western release as the Beyond Fantasy Edition.

PAL version of the game is actually decently cheap at the moment on eBay and Amazon.co.uk via resellers if you'd rather go for the standard edition.

TheMoon

Missed this earlier in the month but the previously PAL exclusive Anima: Gate Of Memories (physically on PS4) is getting a western release as the Beyond Fantasy Edition.

PAL version of the game is actually decently cheap at the moment on eBay and Amazon.co.uk via resellers if you'd rather go for the standard edition.

They've come a long way with a KS campaign, then a "we need more funds" KS follow-up, canning a Wii U version and now big fancy retail releases^^

Have two more upcoming LRG releases to add.

Curses N Chaos on January 27th (PS4/Vita)

rSEKYIP.png

Tribute Games ‏@TributeGames 7h7 hours ago
Curses N Chaos will be available on PHYSICAL COPIES by @LimitedRunGames on January 27th! Supplies are limited!

And Oxenfree on PS4 later in the month.

jGqmEF4.png

NIGHT SCHOOL ‏@nightschoolers 2h2 hours ago
Love Oxenfree? Like holding things? We're releasing a limited physical edition with our pals at @LimitedRunGames later this month!

TheMoon

Limited Run Games also tweeted about being excited and looking to get into Switch publishing. Hopefully the Nicalis deal means their minimum card orders have been reduced or became more affordable.

Limited Run Games also tweeted about being excited and looking to get into Switch publishing. Hopefully the Nicalis deal means their minimum card orders have been reduced or became more affordable.

The Wii U minimum print orders apparently became much more responsible last year so, if things stay that way, the prospects are looking good for the Switch to see more physical releases.

Top Bottom