• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN now supports game rentals?

The Last of Us is supposed to be a PS Now title right?

I'd hope it would start when you boot the game, not when you downloaded it.
I figured it would be like Plus games having their own timer like "283 days till this content expires" or something

If it's like game trials then that makes sense

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Perhaps certain games will be added to PS+ as rentals for the PS4, PSVita and PS4. It would be a great way of offering games like TLOU on PS+ for the PS4.

thejpfin

Can you earn trophies when you play these Trial versions?
There must be some catch. (Maybe). 7 days is more than enough to complete game like Catherine.

But yeah, really cool feature. Good work sony!

fernoca

Has anyone tried with other game other than Catherine? I own it so can check more options. Did tried to download the full trial but only mentioned 60 minutes.

If this been tied to PS Now is true, then seems that Puerto Rico is also excluded of Now? :/ ...hoping is not the case.

Dragon

Banned
So I'm looking at my Services List on my PS3 after I clicked seven day trial and Catherine is on there. And under it, it says PS Now.

1QBVDWV.jpg

Don't know where I'd go to download the game tho :/.

Cock of War

So I'm looking at my Services List on my PS3 after I clicked seven day trial and Catherine is on there. And under it, it says PS Now.

Isn't the point of PSNow that you don't download the game tho?

aristotle

Rumor from my ass: This would explain the store outage this week if they're doing a ton of backend testing & structuring. Perhaps it'll be announced and released @ GDC.

Dragon

Banned
Gonna check Far Cry 3 and Uncharted 3 since they were leaked to be on the service.

Edit: Nope on FC3 and U3 is on Plus so can't check that one.

Isn't the point of PSNow that you don't download the game tho?

Doh. Yeah you're right. I guess there needs to be a PS Now app somewhere huh...

Nice! Looks like you need to have PSNow installed to access the games. Sounds like it'll range from free rentals to paid rentals. I expect an open beta real soon.

Pimpwerx

Wow! This is awesome. I would love if they offer new releases for rental. Either way, my GameFly account's days are numbered. PEACE.

Cock of War

Gonna check Far Cry 3 and Uncharted 3 since they were leaked to be on the service.

Edit: Nope on FC3 and U3 is on Plus so can't check that one.

Doh. Yeah you're right. I guess there needs to be a PS Now app somewhere huh...

Maybe it's been stealth released, try searching for it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Interesting, if the rental system is free for none PS+ members then I can get down with that, and it would be perfect for trying out games before buying them without losing money.

Too bad it seems to be US only at the moment.

Cess007

Interesting, if the rental system is free for none PS+ members then I can get down with that, and it would be perfect for trying out games before buying them without losing money.

Too bad it seems to be US only at the moment.

I don't think it will be free for non-PS+ members. I think for Plus members it will be 1/3days tops of Free, and everything else has to pay a fee; otherwise, lot of people will rent on a weekend and play non-stop to pass the game.

Usobuko

Banned
7 days free mean I can beat a lot of single player games without paying a cent. Incredible, too good to be true imo.

Maybe PSNow will include an option to download the games you rented with a timer? Would be soooooo much better than streaming them. A man can only dream..

shawnhi

So, is it just for Catherine or what? I've got PS+ for about two more weeks thanks to a fellow GAFer, but no real desire to play that game..

Top Bottom