• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN now supports game rentals?

MercuryLS

Banned
This could just be for the trial. There's no way they're going to give you 1 or 7 days free. If imagine the final pricing would be 1 hour free trial, 2 days for like 2-3 bucks, one week 5 bucks 10-15 bucks to buy.

legacyzero

Banned
MHR31Wo.png
Lol!

DR3AM

If they do this for all games (even 1 day rental or even like a 2-5 hour trail) it will be the greatest thing ever

nikos

No rental option for me. US PS+ member.

Been really wanting to play Catherine too. $9.99 is a great price, but I sort of want the physical version.

I think sony is gonna do something along the lines of plus members get x number of days of free rentals. That would explain why 7 days of catherine would be free in both instances. Adds value to plus without devaluing ps now

Chris_C

There's no way 7-days will be free not even 1 day.

Most games can easily be powered through in 7 days. If so...then....I mean....all of my goddamns. All of it.

I'm amused that so many people don't seem to understand that the "FREE", is just a placeholder.

fvng

Was this option removed? I only see a purchase option available for Catherine (North America)

Seven days free is too crazy to be true. A lot of games can be finished within that period.

How is that different from finishing a game in a GameFly rental?

Piccoro

The dude of PSNstores who tried this, says there are 1, 7 and 30 days rental options:

7hl9.jpg

This has to be a glitch. Somehow the Plus 1-hour trials got mixed up with PS Now...

Furyous

*Looks at Ground Zeroes*

*Birdman hand rub*

I finished uncharted 2 in three days and uncharted 3 in two days. This is easily the best thing in years. Microsoft has to counter this somehow.

Alchemy

Rentals will probably be announced at GDC or E3, and the pricing is definitely a glitch, probably the result of a price not being set yet. Could be really exciting depending on how the deal pans out.

Never understood why there wasn't an option to rent a game digitally, They get money straight too them and we get to try games we wouldn't normally try, I really hope this gets added too the ps4.

Top Bottom