• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I could probably survive solely on a gaming diet of Wonder boy/BMZ quality retro remakes.

Agreed! The games I've played on Switch these past two months have made it really had to dive into other titles that I've been missing out on. Zelda, Wonder Boy (Wonder Girl for me), Snake Pass, Blaster Master Zero and Shovel Knight were all so wonderfully to-the-point.

I tried to play Horizon Zero Dawn the other night and couldn't stay awake through the cutscenes. Not that the game wasn't interesting, I was just expecting something akin to Zelda for some reason. I wasn't mentally prepared to watch a movie before getting into actual gameplay.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yep. That would download a game to the sd card.

Save should be fine as I think those all stay in internal memory.

Does the switch reserve space on internal memory for saves? Wondering if you filled up the internal memory with games, would saves go on SD card?

Could you get a situation where you can't save a game if the internal memory is full?

Anyone else get any of the US happy meal toys yet? Me and my wife got the Yoshi one last night. It's very good quality for a happy meal toy and his little tongue can extend!

animax

I came home from work and plugged my Switch in to charge, originally was at 50-60% at 7pm, it is now 10 and it is only at 83% and not moving...

Anyone else have any issues like this? This is extremely slow it seems to only get to 83% in 3.25 hours.

Were your joy-cons depleted too? Likely it was charging those as well as the device, slowing it down slightly

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Does the switch reserve space on internal memory for saves? Wondering if you filled up the internal memory with games, would saves go on SD card?

Could you get a situation where you can't save a game if the internal memory is full?

I have no idea about that actually.

My best guess is that games include their needed save space in their install size estimate and would tell you to make more room before downloading and installing if you didn't have enough space.

Should be moot for anyone using SD cards for game installs and screen shots though as I can't imagine one could fill up the internal memory with game saves given how small most are.

RootCause

My puyo puyo copy is on the way. Perfect game for handheld gaming.

Do you guys think the switch will start getting mobile games? We know Oceanhorn is coming(60fps too :) )

I'd love a kairosoft collection. I'd gladly pay $30 for a physical release. Oh, and the Baseball game from gamevil, along with their Zenobia games.

I came home from work and plugged my Switch in to charge, originally was at 50-60% at 7pm, it is now 10 and it is only at 83% and not moving...

Anyone else have any issues like this? This is extremely slow it seems to only get to 83% in 3.25 hours.
is it stuck at 83%?
Mine got stuck on 78%(overnight) and I had to hold the power button until it shutdown(12-15 secs), kept it off for 5 minutes, and when I turned it on it was 100% charged. Hasn't happened since, but it doesn't seem to be that uncommon judging by a quick google search. If that doesn't solve it, then it could be a battery issue.

100% Ive filled it out about 15 times now, haha. Starts by asking my home province for tax purposes. Then CC#, Exp date, CVV, and my postal code(all of which have forced formatting on the website and console, so there is no chance they werent entered properly).

Did you ever get this fixed? It's happening to me now :/

Edit: Switched to US eShop and it works....

jonno394

Decided to finally add another eshop to my Switch and opted for Canada, as that's where I get most of my PSN purchases from as the exchange rate CAD<>UK means it works out slightly cheaper.

However.....I didnt know about sales tax! Was never an issue when buying on PSN but meant i've had to pay an extra 5% on purchases :/

Still, managed to nab Puyo Puyo Tetris, Human Resource Machine, Metal Slug 3 and will grab Kamiko tomorrow for just over £42.

Firebrand

Or buy the digital game codes, removing a step.

Anyone know if game download codes region free? Or do they at least need to be registered on an account for that region? I'll probably end up with US and JP accounts eventually, but it'd be nice to have as much as possible on the main account.

stoke1863

Decided to finally add another eshop to my Switch and opted for Canada, as that's where I get most of my PSN purchases from as the exchange rate CAD<>UK means it works out slightly cheaper.

However.....I didnt know about sales tax! Was never an issue when buying on PSN but meant i've had to pay an extra 5% on purchases :/

Still, managed to nab Puyo Puyo Tetris, Human Resource Machine, Metal Slug 3 and will grab Kamiko tomorrow for just over £42.

Did you make a separate account or change regions ? Did you get any foreign transaction fees from the bank ?

My extra joycons were delivered just in time for Puyo and Mario Kart this week. Does anyone know if I actually need to buy separate straps for these or are they included?

It's pretty pointless to buy the colored straps TBH. The color doesn't even match lol
nkmno8e85djy.jpg

Just stick with the black ones.

kevin1025

Banned
Any word on when Shakedown Hawaii releases? I could swear I read it was in April, but doesn't look to be the case.

On the Retro City Rampage Twitter account, they said back on Sunday that it's unknown still, but that they're "finishing/polishing" the game. So hopefully soon!

It's pretty pointless to buy the colored straps TBH. The color doesn't even match lol

nkmno8e85djy.jpg

Why would you buy them the same colour anyways? I'd be getting red straps for my blue Joy-Cons. I'm of the mind that we should mix and match like people do Joy-Con, not go matchy-watchy. =P

Has anyone taken a Switch on a plane through security yet (carry on)? I'm flying cross-country tomorrow (and then again on Thursday) and would love to bring it, but I'm scared the TSA will fuck with it.

Has anyone taken a Switch on a plane through security yet (carry on)? I'm flying cross-country tomorrow (and then again on Thursday) and would love to bring it, but I'm scared the TSA will fuck with it.

I went to PR back in the beginning of April with no problems. I took it out and put it in a bin with my phone like I would with a laptop if I had one.

Tubie

I'm loving Puyo Puyo Tetris so much, the game is a steal for only $30.

Can't wait to try some local multiplayer of this and Mario Kart later in the week with some friends

This and Mario Kart in the same week, the Switch library is looking really good to me for a 2 month old console.

Why would you buy them the same colour anyways? I'd be getting red straps for my blue Joy-Cons. I'm of the mind that we should mix and match like people do Joy-Con, not go matchy-watchy. =P

Wow... It's not even close. I'll stick to the black/gray ones. Those looks great on the joy-con.
The standard straps are black and don't match the grey. So I think that the color difference is intentional on Nintendo's part across the range.

PixlNinja

Banned
Any mundane piece of shit activity can be funny when you're drunk or high, that's a terrible endorsement.

I meant it more in a getting loose kind of way. Staring another grown ass man in the eyes while milking an invisible cow is kind of hard to get into sober.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom