• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Switch Bundle Announced

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

I suspect there will be bundles and a price cut that will be properly advertised. The Switch is finally facing headwinds against the current gen systems on it's march to 160 million. This is just the first card being played.
You’re always funny man, always!!!

MrA

Banned
Goddamn, I didn't realize the OG Switch was still $300 after six years. I can't think of any other hardware that held its price so long without some kind of major revision, must be a testament to its popularity.
The neo geo aes was sold from 90 to 97 at the same price/increased in price but that was always an enthusiast console

why only choose one
Nintendo's cheap bastard about giving away software

The Nintendo Switch is 6 years old! To celebrate we will not reduce the price of our six year old hardware. Instead, please enjoy a bundled game! :pie_eyeroll::pie_moneyface::pie_invert::pie_thinking::pie_zipper::pie_sleeping: Oh Nintendo you're so Nintendo...
Disappointed Chris Farley GIF

Last edited:

Damigos

But that's a good thing. Nintendo games are like cash, you can sell them and almost get your money back. Buy a PS or Xbox game on release and sell it after 2 months. Bye bye 40 bucks.
Never buy games on release. Just wait 3-4 months and get it half price or maybe even through a subscription

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You mean last month when they released MPR?
No, I mean when they released Metroid Prime back in 2002. When their release schedule wasn't mostly ports and remasters and they didn't sell physical DLCs in the form of Amiibos. From the NES to the Wii, those were the good times.

Meanwhile on the Switch we'd had 2 Zeldas (that share the same map), 1 Mario, 0 Donkey Kong, 0 Metroid, 0 F-Zero, 0 Starfox.
I guess it's cool if you like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and Splatoon, but if you don't then you are shit out of luck.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
No, I mean when they released Metroid Prime back in 2002. When their release schedule wasn't mostly ports and remasters and they didn't sell physical DLCs in the form of Amiibos. From the NES to the Wii, those were the good times.

Meanwhile on the Switch we'd had 2 Zeldas (that share the same map), 1 Mario, 0 Donkey Kong, 0 Metroid, 0 F-Zero, 0 Starfox.
I guess it's cool if you like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and Splatoon, but if you don't then you are shit out of luck.
There was Metroid Dread. There was Bowser's Story (which was my GOTY). We can always wish for more, but game dev takes time and Nintendo is very specific sometimes.

Ozzie666

I can never tell if Nintendo is just out of touch or greedy. I know they are in a position of strength, but the lack of discounted systems across the board. is concerning. From all the players. This can't be all they have to coincide with the Mario movie, is it? Talk about a missed opportunity.

If they really were trying to move all stock, including Odyssey and Kart at least, might help.

Impotaku

What an uninspired bundle, the joycons you can still get from the uk nintendo store the rest is bland and standard. Even the red mario switch bundle i bought a few years back had waaaay more effort put in. When the splatoon edition exists this one just looks a bit shit really.

xrnzaaas

Damn that's weird and pretty greedy considering it's not even the more expensive OLED model. I don't remember of any other official console bundle where you didn't get of all of the games mentioned on the box.

Last edited:
Top Bottom