• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Switch Bundle Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
You can select one of three games to redeem

Make every day a #MAR10Day with a Nintendo Switch system bundle that includes Red Joy-Con controllers and your choice of a free Mario full game download! This bundle will be available starting 3/10 at My Nintendo Store and select retailers:

FqPtR4vXwAEPGsM

Deerock71

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

I suspect there will be bundles and a price cut that will be properly advertised. The Switch is finally facing headwinds against the current gen systems on it's march to 160 million. This is just the first card being played.

Robb

Gold Member
I thought you’d get all three, now that would be a cool bundle to have alongside the Mario movie.

Choose one is kind of lame.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
One? Why not 3? Would be a better deal.

Also btw, doesn't look like they want to announce a new console in the meantime.

The question is what game would you pick?

I'd pick Mario Odyssey.

SMBUD was alright but nothing special. Just the usual traditional Mario shit.

Mario Kart I suppose is fun if you have friends to play with. I don't and tried online but it sucked.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
An actual free game in a console bundle? It’s like going back in time to the way things used to be.
*actual as in ethereal digital copy

So, not quite.

Zannegan

They're STILL not bundling the OLED? I hope they're not still manufacturing standard Switches at this point and are just trying to burn through old stock. Transition to OLED only, announce the OLED Lite for this holiday, then set us all up to move on to next gen, please.

I do like the idea of "pick one" bundles though. If it's going to be a digital copy, why not?

Power Pro

Choose one lease on either a 6 year old game, 9 year old game, or 11 year old game. All of which should have been reduced in price years ago! Available until such time that we think it's profitable to keep the servers running on our stupid digital storefront, rather than just give you a game cart. Great value!

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Choose one lease on either a 6 year old game, 9 year old game, or 11 year old game. All of which should have been reduced in price years ago! Available until such time that we think it's profitable to keep the servers running on our stupid digital storefront, rather than just give you a game cart. Great value!
if you d/l it it stays on your Switch, not matter what they do to the servers. None of these games need online to function (unless you wanna go online in MK8).

Power Pro

if you d/l it it stays on your Switch, not matter what they do to the servers. None of these games need online to function (unless you wanna go online in MK8).
Oh great....oh shit...my sd card failed, I'm gonna have to buy another...oh...I can't download it again. The game I bought with real money no longer is available because Nintendo didn't see the money in keeping the servers up. Oops.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Oh great....oh shit...my sd card failed, I'm gonna have to buy another...oh...I can't download it again. The game I bought with real money no longer is available because Nintendo didn't see the money in keeping the servers up. Oops.
Oh shit, my game on blu-ray got scratched and I can't buy another because they don't make them anymore.

Power Pro

Oh shit, my game on blu-ray got scratched and I can't buy another because they don't make them anymore.
Oh well, I'll buy another copy used from another person because that's what buying and owning something should be. The freedom to resell it should someone chose to. Those will always still be available unless someone buys every copy and purposely destroys them. Fuck off with this digital storefront defense. It is anti-consumer, and convenience is making you lose your rights to OWN what you spend your hard earn money on. I value my time, and the money I make while working a shitty job during it. The minute we go all digital, is the day i stop buying new games ever.

Only 1 out of those is free? These are ancient games at this point and so is the console. Nintendo cotinues to be anti-consumer as possible. Please never change Nintendo. Don't get me wrong I love MK8 and SMO but come the fuck on dude. Just include them in a bundle :/

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Oh well, I'll buy another copy used from another person because that's what buying and owning something should be. The freedom to resell it should someone chose to. Those will always still be available unless someone buys every copy and purposely destroys them. Fuck off with this digital storefront defense. It is anti-consumer, and convenience is making you lose your rights to OWN what you spend your hard earn money on. I value my time, and the money I make while working a shitty job during it. The minute we go all digital, is the day i stop buying new games ever.
You could buy a used copy of any of these 3 games.

Top Bottom