• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I wonder what the Brit-count is in this place these days, I remember when you could have a good old argument about the metric system with those Yanks, and barm cake in here.

Probably not very high now. Mind you, BritGAF was a bit of an acquired taste and there were plenty of brits around who never ventured in here (or who vanished shortly afterwards). If you want a row about the metric/imperial system I guess an OT thread would be the way to go - but barm cake? You're on your own with that one!

SmokyDave

I think this is my thread now. Unless one of you fuckers objects in the next four hours, this is becoming the official thread for appreciating Ferrari at Le Mans during their golden period (1958-1965).

I might allow discussion of the 1966-1969 Ford-Ferrari wars, but with trigger warnings for upsetting content.

Now remember, this weekend there is a very important event happening. The Festival Of Speed is upon us. Tune in, and be sure to drink it plenty of water.

SmokyDave

Time’s up. The 1958-1965 Le Mans OT is go.

I’ll need to figure out a pithy title, and remember how to post images. Then, we’ll start with the magnificent #0728TR, the 250 TR that was deftly piloted to first overall by Phil Hill and Olivier Gendebien in ‘58.

Though we will be covering 1959, moderation will be slightly tighter. It is okay to praise Aston Martin. It’s fine to recognise the immense talents of Shelby and Salvadori. It is never okay to disparage the Prancing Horse. Please bear this in mind.

In the meantime, I’d recommend procuring a model of the car, either in 1:43, or 1:18 if budget allows. This, when placed in peripheral vision, will add to the immersion of the thread. Ixo make a passable rendering of the car for a very reasonable price.

Top Bottom