• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Switch Games List

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Work in progress. Let me know what I'm missing.

RPG:

Disgaea 5 Complete
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2
I Am Setsuna
Octopath Traveler
Shin Megami Tensei Switch
Stardew Valley
Unknown Tales of... game
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Adventure:

The Binding of Issac: Afterbirth
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Lego City Undercover
Minecraft Story Mode
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Rime
Riverside
The Sacred Hero
Seasons of Heaven
Skylanders Imaginators
Syberia 3

Action:

Cube Life: Island Survival
Fire Emblem Warriors
Has Been Heroes
Minecraft
No More Heroes 3
Super Bomberman R

Sports:

FIFA
NBA 2K18
Steep

Platformer:

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Sonic 2017
Sonic Mania
Rayman Legends
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Super Mario Odyssey
Terraria
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Yooka-Laylee

Mini Game/Casual:

1, 2 Switch
Snipperclips

Fighting

Arms
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Unknown Blazblue game

Simulator:

Constructor HD
Farming Simulator

Racing:

Fast RMX
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Redout
Rise: Race the Future

Puzzle:

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Shooter:

Splatoon 2

Rhythm:

Just Dance 2017
Unknown Taiko Drum Master game

Strategy:

Dungeon of Zaar
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII

So, the list in the OP presents 58 titles. Considering how Nintendo said that there are "more than 80 titles in active development", it means there are at least other 22 unknown titles for now.

jmizzal

So, the list in the OP presents 58 titles. Considering how Nintendo said that there are "more than 80 titles in active development", it means there are at least other 22 unknown titles for now.

Was 80 from third parties or overall I cant remember

Some Nobody

Keep in mind games that have not been shown that are likely coming
Pokemon
Monster Hunter
Retro Studios game
Mario Maker (maybe 2)
Metroid
Smash Bros
Beyond Good & Evil 2

Metroid's not confirmed, but of the 20 or so remaining titles you just named 5 of them.

Harmen

I expected more from Nintendo given the relative software draught of both the WiiU and 3DS in recent times. Furthermore, I feel they could've spiced up the launch window with some WiiU ports because only a small amount of people played those and there are some fantastic WiiU exclusives.

Still, the Mario looks damned good and I love the fact that there is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles in the works. Splatoon 2 should also be good. Zelda is hype as well offcourse but not really for me personally given the direction they took with it (nonetheless, I agree the degree of interactivity with the world looks extremely impressive).

I assume they left a lot to reveal, to keep momentum, especially during the summer.

Seems like they're reaching out to indies more with the Switch which is awesome. The launch lineup for the Switch is a bummer but I'm excited for Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey.

First off. WTF is Rigs?

Rigs is a mediocre PSVR game. It's not terrible but also nothing special.

KingV

Seems like they're reaching out to indies more with the Switch which is awesome. The launch lineup for the Switch is a bummer but I'm excited for Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey.

Rigs is a mediocre PSVR game. It's not terrible but also nothing special.

I like that too. A lot of retro-style indies would be perfect as portable games.

Likely easy on the battery, and good to play on a plane/train/pooping/etc.

Sethista

That's a pretty good list. I don't remember any other console with a better list of confirmed games on day 1.

We need to divide this list by ports and original switch games

and the timeline. This many games in a 3+ year timeline means nothing. If all this was launching this year, that would be impressive.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
First off. WTF is Rigs?

Secondly. Your value judgement on an unrelated 2nd game has no bearing on the clear value of this game.

Arms is a fighting game.

I think it's pretty unclear as to whether boxing games ought be classed as fighting, sports, or another genre. If I had to guess I'd personally say that Punch-Out! / Teleroboxer are closer to an arcade puzzler than anything. Because you have a bit of mobility this is definitely different from that. I think the user's choice to bring in another game that is also a weird inter-genre hybrid to argue that it, too, has been seen as a sports game is absolutely relevant to this conversation.

But... like... What I don't get is why there's now an aggressive back and forth between you and this other poster because someone referred to Arms as "Sports". It's really not obvious to me why it couldn't be something of a sports game (in addition to being something of a fighter) and the same is true for boxing games more broadly. Certainly it doesn't seem obvious enough to immediately get aggressive with people if they disagree. It's not like they're calling Mario an FPS; it's more like they're calling Portal an FPS.

Sethista

According to eurogamer, this is the timeline of games for 2017 :

Full article - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-13-nintendo-confirms-switch-launch-lineup-of-games

5 games launch day, 16 for 2017 and 10 more with non-confirmed dates.

The Switch has just five games available when it launches on 3rd March, Nintendo confirmed. These are:

1-2 Switch
Super Bomberman R
Skylanders Imaginators
Just Dance 2017
Another three games come out in March:

SnipperClippers
Fast RMX
Has-Been Heroes
On 28th April:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pegged for spring 2017 are:

Arms
Disgaea 5 Complete
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Rime
Down for summer 2017 is:

Splatoon 2
During autumn 2017:

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
Holiday 2017 gets:

Super Mario Odyssey
And there are 10 games with a vague 2017 release window:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Ultra Street Fighter 2 The Final Challenge
Minecraft
EA Sports FIFA
Sonic Mania
I Am Setsuna
Steep
Syberia 3
NBA 2K
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Full article - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-13-nintendo-confirms-switch-launch-lineup-of-games

The Switch has just five games available when it launches on 3rd March, Nintendo confirmed. These are:

1-2 Switch
Super Bomberman R
Skylanders Imaginators
Just Dance 2017

Yeah, that's a pretty bad launch day. One great cross-gen title, and 30fps Bomberman.

wildfire

Banned
I think it's pretty unclear as to whether boxing games ought be classed as fighting, sports, or another genre. If I had to guess I'd personally say that Punch-Out! / Teleroboxer are closer to an arcade puzzler than anything. Because you have a bit of mobility this is definitely different from that. I think the user's choice to bring in another game that is also a weird inter-genre hybrid to argue that it, too, has been seen as a sports game is absolutely relevant to this conversation.

But... like... What I don't get is why there's now an aggressive back and forth between you and this other poster because someone referred to Arms as "Sports". It's really not obvious to me why it couldn't be something of a sports game (in addition to being something of a fighter) and the same is true for boxing games more broadly. Certainly it doesn't seem obvious enough to immediately get aggressive with people if they disagree. It's not like they're calling Mario an FPS; it's more like they're calling Portal an FPS.

Racing is a sport too. Yet you don't see all those games lumped into sports.

We have distinct categories once a genre has matured enough to earn its place. The OP is essentially saying Arms doesn't deserve to be a fighting ams even though you and I both know differently. But unlike you I get aggressive when these distinction are made.

CamHostage

The Sacred Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsl_kOMToZc

Quote from the trailer:
'Sword' asset courtesy of Nintendo & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Used as a placeholder, will be replaced in final game and later trailers.

...Get your pre-orders in early, SiMPLiSTiC will finish this for sure!

hqdefault.jpg

JP

Probably worth mentioning that FIFA is a port of the last gen Legacy Editions rather than a full version of the game.

DMONKUMA

Its been rumored by like 4 insiders, one of which got about everything right in the press confs.

So its def coming, said to be by a surprising dev, not Retro

Who was that? I wasn't Laura right? Since she did get somethings wrong.

So was it NateDrake, Liam or Emily?

Games I'm going to buy for the switch.

Dragon Quest XI
Octopath Traveler
Shin Megami Tensei Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Rime
Syberia 3
Has Been Heroes
No More Heroes 3
Super Bomberman R
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Sonic 2017
Sonic Mania
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Super Mario Odyssey
Yooka-Laylee
Snipperclips
Arms
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Unknown Blazblue game
Splatoon 2
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII

Games I'm likely (>60% likelihood) to buy for switch
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence
Disgaea 5 Complete
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Unknown Tales of... game
1,2 Switch
I Am Setsuna

Once all these release, it'll have definitely justified whatever price I end up paying for the Switch.

Necro900

Wow, didn't know they published an HD remake of Constructor!

I loved it back in the day.

EDIT: Eh, ok, it's been delayed multiple times. Hoping for the february release date.

inki

Appreciate the list. Could you maybe Bold the games that will be launch titles? (if we know that is). Or is this list all launch titles?

AniHawk

i'm down for:

sonic mania
super mario odyssey
breath of the wild
splatoon 2
xenoblade 2 (though probably not 2017)

maybes on mario kart 8 and bomberman. the first because of the online paywall and the fact i already own the original... but local multiplayer still works and it's where i've had the most fun with mk traditionally anyway.

bomberman almost for the novelty of it, but it also looks like fun.

i feel like there will be more games for 2017 not shown here. a nintendo direct (not e3) with more stuff like smash bros., pokemon, mario maker, etc. they might have wanted to avoid making the system look like it was full of ports at the start, and pokemon is traditionally its own thing anyway.

Some Nobody

1-2 Switch
Super Bomberman R
Skylanders Imaginators
Just Dance 2017
Another three games come out in March:

SnipperClippers
Fast RMX
Has-Been Heroes
On 28th April:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pegged for spring 2017 are:

Arms
Disgaea 5 Complete
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Rime
Down for summer 2017 is:

Splatoon 2
During autumn 2017:

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
Holiday 2017 gets:

Super Mario Odyssey
And there are 10 games with a vague 2017 release window:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Ultra Street Fighter 2 The Final Challenge
Minecraft
EA Sports FIFA
Sonic Mania
I Am Setsuna
Steep
Syberia 3
NBA 2K
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Only game in this list that wouldn't hit is XB2 lol. The rest have no reason to miss, which is good because a lot of these games are older and need to come out ASAP.

Ushay

Not a bad list for me, especially the adventure and RPG category.

My main gripe is with the hardware and price itself. They are asking for too much.
Personally I'm looking forward to;

- Zelda
- Mario
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Arms (My son will love this one)

And also potentially Metroid and Starfox. But as it stands there isn't enough here to warrant a purchase just yet.

Release –– or tentative –– release dates next to each would be more informative. It's easy to look at this list and think, shit, that's a lotta games but clearly they're not all at launch.

NimbusD

Certainly not bad, but not super convincing to just hand over all that money for a new console.

I was hoping for maybe a bit more western dev support. Skyrim is pretty good, hope there's more of that.

thefro

Certainly not bad, but not super convincing to just hand over all that money for a new console.

I was hoping for maybe a bit more western dev support. Skyrim is pretty good, hope there's more of that.

Yeah, I can think about 10-15 titles that'd be a good audience fit and should run in theory (plus all the non-moneyhatted Vita/PS4 third party games).

GamerJM

Banned
For all the over secrecy Switch had for months, this list is a huge disappointment.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the secrecy is actually part of why it's disappointing. Nintendo probably delayed getting dev kits around in an effort to keep the console a secret because they think their ideas are so revolutionary that everyone would try to copy them. That would explain why stuff like a Skyrim port doesn't come out until Fall.

swarley64

Not a fantastic line-up... I see only six games on the list that I want

Dying to play
Mario Odyssey
Zelda BOTW

Would like to play
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8

Curious to try out
Project Octopath, whatever the hell that is
Whatever Suda's working on

If the Wii U prices really hit rock bottom, I might be tempted to get that instead, lol.

Top Bottom