• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Switch Games List

Zedark

Apologies if this isn't the right place for it, but I was interested in hearing if Slime Rancher may come to the Switch, and found this comment from the developer on Reddit:

So that's a bit of a shame
This could be a valuable data point, though I don't think the dev in question has ever held a Switch dev kit in his hands. Perhaps you can post it in this thread, as this is where spec talk and performance is being scrutinised on an academic level.

j5ire100rghy.png

10 games I'm buying for sure plus another 10 or so I will buy at a reduced price.

Switch has no games!

Spy

j5ire100rghy.png

10 games I'm buying for sure plus another 10 or so I will buy at a reduced price.

Switch has no games!
I don't think people are saying the Switch has no games but rather, the titles are either ports of old indies, overpriced, perform and look inferior to their competitors, or are lacking things people enjoy such as an achievement system.

I don't think people are saying the Switch has no games but rather, the titles are either ports of old indies, overpriced, perform and look inferior to their competitors, or are lacking things people enjoy such as an achievement system.

Yeah, I get that. I guess the catalogue just suits me since I never got a Wii U, I never played Skyrim, shovel knight, ultimate chicken horse and so many others. But I can understand some people can only be happy playing AAA third party offerings.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Yeah, I get that. I guess the catalogue just suits me since I never got a Wii U, I never played Skyrim, shovel knight, ultimate chicken horse and so many others. But I can understand some people can only be happy playing AAA third party offerings.

It will be quite exciting playing a title as grandiose as Skyrim on a portable system, but I suppose I hope as time goes on that it is an example of the sort of games available on the Switch, rather than an exception.

Doesn't look like OP is updating the list anymore, but this thread confirms Japan eShop will be getting Blaster Master Zero.

This was a game previously known to be coming to 3DS only. Glad that it's coming to Switch now. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get a US release of this game. If there isn't too much Japanese I would be half tempted to get this on the Japanese eShop if region free is possible with digital games.

Andyliini

Are any Wii U games coming to switch?

I only know a few eShop games, that are probably coming in the future, namely Yooka-Laylee (officially announced) and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (rumoured). Mario Kart 8 is also getting an enhanced port next month.

Can't think of any more, though I'm sure there are those.

Oddduck

I only know a few eShop games, that are probably coming in the future, namely Yooka-Laylee (officially announced) and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (rumoured). Mario Kart 8 is also getting an enhanced port next month.

Can't think of any more, though I'm sure there are those.

Lego City Undercover was once a Wii U exclusive -- now coming to Switch.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
HRM reminds me too much of work, but I will gladly take this opportunity to finally play World of Goo!

jonno394

a two week late post, but only just stumbled across this when I was thinking "damn, I want to play the Shantae games"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1821170

Happy Nintendo Switch Day!

Last but not least, are you buying the new Nintendo Switch? The team over here is excited for Switch, and WayForward is a Switch developer. And yet, we haven’t announced… anything at all? It makes you think we’re up to something. It’s all so suspicious! Don't worry - we'll have more info for you soon. Enjoy launch day, and we’ll see you on the other side!

neoglow

Banned
Yikes.

I hope the Switch gets some more decent exclusive titles as that list is looking a little thin right now. Granted, the Switch is new but it's going to need AAA first and third party exclusives to succeed.

maxcriden

De Mambo has been announced for Switch. I believe a GAFer, JODOROWSKY51, is part of the team at The Dangerous Kitchen making the game.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-IBbD93TKI

Screens: http://thedangerouskitchen.co.uk/presskit_demambo/#images

PR:

The Dangerous Kitchen's unplanned first child, the mollycoddled multiplayer title De Mambo will finally be smashing its way out of its parents loving arms and onto the Nintendo Switch in 2017.
Shaun Roopra, egocentric artist and writer at The Dangerous Kitchen, conceitedly believes that, "Nintendo Switch is perfect for De Mambo. It's almost like Nintendo saw De Mambo and decided to make a console to best showcase it." Which we can only assume he means that De Mambo's simple controls and the 'play anywhere' nature of the Nintendo Switch go hand in hand.
The ability to detach limbs and share said limbs with others is a neat party trick, but also one of the defining features of the Nintendo Switch. De Mambo's not-yet-patented one-buttoned attack system allows players of all skill levels to join in the fun, so no one has an excuse not to play.
Lucy Dove, producer and designer at The Dangerous Kitchen believes that, “Nintendo have always been a haven for local multiplayer, and the Nintendo Switch seems like a natural extension of this. It gives us the opportunity to bring De Mambo to an audience of players hungry for local multiplayer experiences."
Take a look at De Mambo's Nintendo Switch
announcement trailer here!
(De Mambo will be released on Nintendo Switch this Summer.)
Play De Mambo on Nintendo Switch™ at EGX Rezzed 2017
The Dangerous Kitchen are somewhat proud to announce that the Nintendo Switch version of De Mambo will be making its first playable appearance at EGX Rezzed 2017 both in the Indie Zone and in Nintendo's Nindie booth. Double De Mambo, double the funbo. Players can expect to experience a near final build of De Mambo in all it’s pulpy glory, enhanced by the features of the Nintendo Switch™.
Survival Mode of the Fittest
After returning from the Tokyo Games Show 2016, The Dangerous Kitchen recuperated by planning and then building a new De Mambo mode, astutely titled ‘Survival Mode’.
In this somewhat familiar co-op mode, up to four players attempt to repel the evil invaders from space as they desperately try and lower themselves in a rather formulaic manner, from the top of the screen to the bottom.
“Survival mode really showcases the versatility of the De Mambo’s gameplay in a way that makes us look like we know what we’re doing.” Acknowledges petulant programmer Amit Rai.
Features
Easy to learn, hard to master gameplay designed to use one action button
Four player competitive multiplayer
Breakable environment for reactive gameplay
Loser Rail – the feature designed to give you a second chance, for those of you not good enough to win
Solo Mode with a plethora of replayable gameplay challenges
Survival Mode, a 1-4 player co-op mode where you attempt to survive the invaders from space
Miniature American flags for some
Release date and platform
Release Date: Spring/Summer 2017
Price: TBD
Platform: In development for Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS Vita, PC, Mac

(via GoNintendo.com)

BTW the original Kickstarter thread for the game, here on GAF, is here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1109441

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I kind of feel like this thread is pretty useless unless the OP is updated... Does anyone else care to keep a list up-to-date though?

AniHawk

👀

it's just a perfect mix of me liking the machine and thinking possibilities plus the platform doing really well with certain audiences and growing the userbase at a fast rate (fun fact, [month 1 for switch x 2] = [month 18 for vita in the us]). it's hard not to get creative with wishlists.

Dremorak

Banned
it's just a perfect mix of me liking the machine and thinking possibilities plus the platform doing really well with certain audiences and growing the userbase at a fast rate (fun fact, [month 1 for switch x 2] = [month 18 for vita in the us]). it's hard not to get creative with wishlists.

Theres a lot of games I would buy on switch at a lower resolution/ slightly reduced settings. GTA5 or Watchdogs 2 on switch would be amazing :D

Top Bottom