• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Switch Games List

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the secrecy is actually part of why it's disappointing. Nintendo probably delayed getting dev kits around in an effort to keep the console a secret because they think their ideas are so revolutionary that everyone would try to copy them. That would explain why stuff like a Skyrim port doesn't come out until Fall.

Actually that was the reason why it wasn't revealed last year's E3. Which was dumb. Yeah, I agree with you that the over secrecy generated way too much expectations over it. They could have hid the machine, but I can't see the reason to hide the games being made for it the way they did as many of them are late ports and almost nothing exclusive.

IMO, Nintendo's reason for secrecy was to avoid pressure from the community because the underpowered hardware, lackluster third-party support, low internal storage and overpricing would cause controversy (as it is now), so they dediced to reveal in the last minute to get away with it.

Some Nobody

Don't trust people who tell you lies they overheard from other people.

Let's save this for post-E3. Of course, Nintendo will look like complete idiots if they reveal a ton of new IPs/big games three months AFTER their console has launched, so either way someone's leaving this with egg on their face.

With Berseria coming out soon I wish Namco would just tell us if the Tales game is a port of that or it's a new one. Would affect my purchasing decision when it comes out shortly.

Some Nobody

With Berseria coming out soon I wish Namco would just tell us if the Tales game is a port of that or it's a new one. Would affect my purchasing decision when it comes out shortly.

Hold off on buying it then. If it doesn't come out on Switch, it'll be a cheaper purchase. But if they're not saying anything about it now, it's not a launch or even launch window title I'm thinking.

To be honest, I'm actually thinking that if it were Berseria they would've said so and this is confirmation of a new Tales title.

Crayon

Doesn't look too credible a source. Has anyone from Psyonix confirmed it's in the works? Would be amazing if they did cross play with PS4/PC online community.

Don't hold your breath. They lagged super hard on the xbox one and they strung along linux people for a year with no fucks.

jonno394

Hopefully Redout, Binding of Isaac and I Am Setsuna come physical in Europe asap after launch. That would get me playing my switch after the initial outlay of Zelda and Bomberman.

NotLiquid

Hopefully Redout, Binding of Isaac and I Am Setsuna come physical in Europe asap after launch. That would get me playing my switch after the initial outlay of Zelda and Bomberman.

Unfortunately I'm not gonna hold my breath on the former two since, well, Nicalis.

Just wanna know if Octopath Traveler and SMT UE4 are exclusive generally.

FO4 is much more demanding hardware wise than even special edition skyrim

I don't work for bethesda but I would argue that FO4 being "more demanding" is NOT the reason why Skyrim is going to the switch, but rather that The Elder Scrolls franchise, and Skyrim in particular is far more popular than the Fallout games. It is the more established franchise, so why wouldn't you try to get it on as many platforms as possible? Fallout will likely come sometime later, whether it's a special enhanced release like Skyrim a year or two down the road or some sort of bundled FO3/NV remaster. My money is on it eventually dropping if Skyrim sells well on the switch.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I don't work for bethesda but I would argue that FO4 being "more demanding" is NOT the reason why Skyrim is going to the switch, but rather that The Elder Scrolls franchise, and Skyrim in particular is far more popular than the Fallout games. It is the more established franchise, so why wouldn't you try to get it on as many platforms as possible? Fallout will likely come sometime later, whether it's a special enhanced release like Skyrim a year or two down the road or some sort of bundled FO3/NV remaster. My money is on it eventually dropping if Skyrim sells well on the switch.

Also looking at how the Skyrim Definitive Edition sold recently, that game seems to have legs. Kind of like how people still buy GTA or Minecraft years later, but to a lesser extent.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Sounds utterly bizzare. The game is not held in great esteem. I don't see why anyone would look to do a remaster.

Is it possible they're already doing a remaster for PS4 & XB1 and decided to also throw it on the Switch? That might make more sense...

Is it possible they're already doing a remaster for PS4 & XB1 and decided to also throw it on the Switch? That might make more sense...

This is the only thing that makes sense.

If they were going through the effort to port anything to the Switch alone, GTA V would be such a better option.

Kathian

Banned

I even question why they'd bother doing that but I guess it sold well at the time so maybe Rockstar are more confident in interest than I am.

CronoShot

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Kouriozan

I shouldn't be surprised to see all those RPGs since it's also the handheld successor, but after Nintendo's home console offering in that genre, I'm really happy about the Switch's one so far.

Arkam

C2CXnwnXcAIEHwr.jpg:large

Some more indie games here

If I hadnt kickstarted Yooka-Laylee and chosen the PC/Steam version I would be super excited about it coming to the Switch. This game looks like it would be great to have on the go. Maybe for YL2: The Search for More Money....

Red Devil

If I hadnt kickstarted Yooka-Laylee and chosen the PC/Steam version I would be super excited about it coming to the Switch. This game looks like it would be great to have on the go. Maybe for YL2: The Search for More Money....

The Wii U and PC version were the ones being worked internally, do we know if it's still the case with the Switch one? Also release date on Switch?

bman94

Oh shit did not know a BlazBlue game was in development for the Switch. If this, Ultra Street Fighter II, Tekken 7 and maybe a handful of other fighting games makes it to the Switch I might get the Hori arcade stick for this.

After some of the other Switch rumors, I'm just gonna ignore most rumors from now on.

I would assume this would be for PS4 and XB1 as well, but that's a really bizarre choice for a remaster. LA Noire was not particularly well received even at release, and definitely not well liked now.

It would be much more interesting to see GTAV on Switch. It still sells bucketloads to this day on current consoles.

It wasn't received well at release? I played it for the first time in 2015 and I loved it. But it does some really bizarre since it seems like Rockstar doesn't want anything to do with the series after things between them and the developers went sour. GTA would be a great seller, a full fledged portable GTA should make bank. Honestly if the Switch had GTA, Minecraft and Call of Duty all under one roof portable, modern kids would lose their shit over this device.

I wonder what happened there, since Wii U and 3DS are still listed...?

Real question is if it's coming out at all. One of the lead devs died.

Only guesses but here is what I think will be also coming in 2017 that I theorized

COD 2017(I think Activision will see if COD on the go would be a decent selling point and try a port to see how it fares(also due to lack of games outside of skylanders.)

Lego Dimensions Port

Just Dance 2018

I think we will seeResident Evil(seems every Nintendo console gets one) in some form.

Smash Port-feel it's coming for holiday to help strengthen the holiday lineup

I think we will get 1 triple major game beside COD and that I want to believe is Probably a Ubisoft game.

bman94

Those are some interesting assumptions you are making about exclusivity. Citation needed for many of them.

...wha? Which of the bolded doesn't seem like exclusives? OP even forgot to bold Ultra Street Fighter II which is an exclusive.

Mory Dunz

Only guesses but here is what I think will be also coming in 2017 that I theorized

COD 2017(I think Activision will see if COD on the go would be a decent selling point and try a port to see how it fares(also due to lack of games outside of skylanders.)

Lego Dimensions Port

Just Dance 2018

I think we will seeResident Evil(seems every Nintendo console gets one) in some form.

Smash Port-feel it's coming for holiday to help strengthen the holiday lineup

I think we will get 1 triple major game beside COD and that I want to believe is Probably a Ubisoft game.

Pokemon (assuming it's real) and maybe Xeno 2 will be enough to supplement Mario.

Or Mario will be enough to supplement pokemon more like lol

edit:
I'm saying Smash port should hopefully be earlier than November if it exists.

Top Bottom