• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword Devs going Multi-Platform

TheOddOne

nelsonroyale said:
The above vid is on pc...no xbox game looks in the same galaxy as that

You sir are right..my bad.

wiki said:
Heavenly Sword started development on PC with a view to moving onto next generation platforms such as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The title was in development since 2003 with footage of the original PC version published on TeamXbox.com in 2004. It had, at one time, been up and running on an early Xbox 360 prototype (really?)

wipeout364

Opus Angelorum said:
Well unless they are willing to spend an exorbitant amount of money creating their own engine, I think licensing UE3 is their only option at this time.

Is renderware ever used anymore. That was criterion's engine wasn't it?

CrushDance said:
Yeah. Just like Okami ;)
duechewink.gif

Crushed

Fry Daddy
flarkminator said:
http://childofa.ipower.com//Images/douchewink that is the most annoying gif on the planet from a horrible piece of trash movie.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
what happened to the ink smearing thing in okami

the thing where ink would bleed in the background

element

CowGirl said:
They already have a pretty kick ass PS3 engine.

Writing a 360 rendering engine isn't that hard, or that expensive.
there are other systems then just the game renderer that make huge cost consequences, such as the art pipeline. you could have a great engine, but if your art pipeline is shit or difficult, you might as well look for other options.

Is renderware ever used anymore. That was criterion's engine wasn't it?
After EA bought Criterion, licensing of Renderware was stopped. Independent developers didn't want to give EA anymore money, and Criterion took forever on the next-gen version of Renderware (which was never released outside of EA).

Kittonwy

Banned
element said:
there are other systems then just the game renderer that make huge cost consequences, such as the art pipeline. you could have a great engine, but if your art pipeline is shit or difficult, you might as well look for other options.

After EA bought Criterion, licensing of Renderware was stopped. Independent developers didn't want to give EA anymore money, and Criterion took forever on the next-gen version of Renderware (which was never released outside of EA).

So the art pipeline of their Heavenly Sword engine is only suitable for the PS3?

element

Kittonwy said:
So the art pipeline of their Heavenly Sword engine is only suitable for the PS3?
No, that isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is no matter how many features you have in terms of code renderer side, if your artist have to sacrifice their first born and work harder to take advantage of those features, it might be in your best interest to simplify your art pipeline so your artist can work faster, iterate at a quicker rate, and producer better work with less effort.

Top Bottom