• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 |OT| They're master ports all, you can't go wrong

pots555

Well,my order shipped tonight and I should get it Wednesday. Really looking forward to getting back to it.

Luckily they nerfed that ability by a ton.

It used to increase strength by 70%, so in combination with other augments you could get a ridiculous 500% strength or even more.

In Dark Arisen it only increases strength 20%, and there is hard limit of 180% strength even if your combined augments would mathematically make it higher.

I really like Assassin versatility (being able to equip 12 skills and 4 weapon types, including the best sniping ability, explosive area of effect, counter moves, perfect blocks, climbing, etc) so I'm glad it isn't super OP like before.

I think the limit is actually 80%, not 180.

Are we gonna keep a list of gamertags so we can share our Pawns with people?

my psn is leechaolan planning on making mine tonight if anyone wants to exchange some. :)

maomaoIYP

Literally cannot wait to dive back into this and take shit loads of photos again.
When I was playing Horizon, the lack of options in the game for taking action shots really made me want to play this again.
PEvVagR.jpg

Abylim

Platinumed DD on ps3, but never touched the dark arisen stuff.

Really excited for this. Loved the game when I played it, and this looks to be a decent improvement on everything. Would be nice to have 60fps but I’ll take a solid 30 over whatever the hell we had on ps3!

Really hoping the "data to start application" on ps4 is the intro/character creation. It's over 7 gigs so I'm assuming it is. That'll tide me over till it finishes downloading.

1 more hour!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The fucking bloody idiocy of me "pre-ordering" the game in the PSN and yet due to the game being locked and now I am at work I can only start the game a lot longer than many other people out there.

BLOOODY HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Are we gonna keep a list of gamertags so we can share our Pawns with people?

my psn is leechaolan planning on making mine tonight if anyone wants to exchange some. :)

Yep, the OP mentioned this.

Probably best to message the OP too so he's not missing your name to be added to the OP.

maomaoIYP

Is this your main?

Great shot man.

Thanks! It's one of my characters. I never wanted to delete my old save files so I played on multiple log ins. Had to even use memory card on the x360 so I could create even more save files.

I spent as much time in photo mode as the actual game. Loved just dressing up characters, waiting for the correct lighting, fixing the angles etc then getting the perfect shot.

Thanks! It's one of my characters. I never wanted to delete my old save files so I played on multiple log ins. Had to even use memory card on the x360 so I could create even more save files.

I spent as much time in photo mode as the actual game. Loved just dressing up characters, waiting for the correct lighting, fixing the angles etc then getting the perfect shot.

<3

photo mode and playing dress-up are DD's meta-game.

wig

Decided to preorder this game using my Amazon credit.

"Delivery Date unknown"

Uh oh.

Same thing happened to me. I preordered it on Friday with the the free $10 credit and it said unknown delivery time. I decided to wait and see if it would change but it never did. I canceled it this afternoon then used the Amazon credit to buy a $10 PSN card and purchased it digitally.

I'm so ready to jump back in to this game.

Damn, got anymore or a website?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Y'all better take and upload a bunch of pictures. I'm sick of seeing those nasty compressed low-res shots from 2012 and 2013 whenever I try finding images of the game. I'll never get my very special Fournival Feste Fiesta going if I keep getting cockblocked by compression artifacts.

Y'all better take and upload a bunch of pictures. I'm sick of seeing those nasty compressed low-res shots from 2012 and 2013 whenever I try finding images of the game. I'll never get my very special Fournival Feste Fiesta going if I keep getting cockblocked by compression artifacts.

Oh I'm already journaling. :p

Call customer service,
They might hook you up with one day delivery.
Thank you. I might do that ASAP.
Same thing happened to me. I preordered it on Friday with the the free $10 credit and it said unknown delivery time. I decided to wait and see if it would change but it never did. I canceled it this afternoon then used the Amazon credit to buy a $10 PSN card and purchased it digitally.

I'm so ready to jump back in to this game.
Wait if you cancel it you still get the credit back???

wbacon

Capcom USA
I am not good with photo sharing, but here's my pawn on PS4 that I uploaded to OneDrive.

Pawn name: Kyaro (designed after my wife)
Vocation: Mage
Level: 31 at the moment
Inclination: Utilitarian (Primary), Medicant (Secondary), Challenger (Tertiary)

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Image #4

Shandy

I don't remember the character shadows being as shockingly bad last gen, but I'm wondering if I don't remember it because they just weren't there. It's really distracting when I have my lantern on, because they get huge and they're just... really disgusting.

By the way, hint for newcomers: If you're not a mage and are therefore not responsible for your elemental buffs, the Help! command (left on dpad) will have a pawn put one on for you. Just whenever.

And this is a first, but Reynard just straight up didn't spawn for me. Seriously, ran back and forth along the path, like, three times. Didn't see him, didn't even hear him. Just nothing. And now I have no merchant until Gran Soren and I'm gonna have to restart and painstakingly recreate my characters... again.

Farsi

I remember this game being highly talked about back in the day but I never got to play it. For $30 I'm willing to try, does it run at 60fps?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I remember this game being highly talked about back in the day but I never got to play it. For $30 I'm willing to try, does it run at 60fps?

No... :(

Should be a solid 30 though, which is leagues better than how it ran on PS3 and 360. Better IQ on top of that, too.

Ferr986

I hate myself for even thinking on getting this AGAIN (would be the fourth) with this being such a meh port.... (I can run it better with my shit PC).

Anteater

can you share pawns with different platforms? I'd replay it again on pc if I could

How are the characters, story, and side quests in this game?

bad :p don't play this game for anything outside of messing around with combat using different classes

Top Bottom