• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus has a new logo: /|TLUS

FluxWaveZ

Might as well post this here. Via DualShockers, an apparently translated statement regarding some of the reasoning behind the new logo:

About the new “Atlus” logo, with the support of our customers we want to continue the unique development of Atlus with even more flexibility and freedom. We brushed up our image while inheriting the past, with the wish of standing out even more and sharpening Atlus’ individual style further.

Worse :( I mean it's not much different so that's nice because it could have ended up a lot worse than it is, but it's still worse. I used to always complement the lines through the lettering in the old logo and that was one of my favourite parts of it and now it's gone :(

Antoids

Banned
Nah, I'll lose my collective shit over apostrophe misuse

its

Not literally lose my shit

I mean it just a forum and you can say what ya want and if you can't spell right or say it right in right format i don't think it matter's that much as long as you can read the stuipd question or what they want to say it freaking fine Im sick of people hurting people feelings cause they cant do grammar right it stuipd

i am one of them if you hate me that is fine just don't say mean shit to me cause i have a stuipd old computer and lag from it and key's are busted but it have the mean 's to say and do what i need to do on a regular basis so give people a break that can't do grammar right or just spell right cause sometime's they can and sometime's the computer doe not help .

BBboy20

aliens.jpg

For some reason, that what this logo reminds me of.

That and perhaps because their parent company released something like that recently....................

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Upon looking at a larger version, it's...fuzzy or something, like one of those "stare at this optical illusion and it starts vibrating" pictures.

That's the anti-aliasing on the letters. Here's a little example showing the difference of it.

1 is basically no AA, 2 is a sharpened version of the default, and 3 is the original logo itself.

rlzIg8L.gif

If the original felt too fuzzy, 2 will probably feel most natural to you.

213372bu

Banned
The new design lacks the charm the old ATLUS logo had.

That said, the simple industrial design is looking good here, it looks more sharp and clean cut. Still rather have the old logo.

Atlus, the day you reach a game that sells megatons worldwide, you owe it to change your logo to include Jack Frost so his glory is shown to the masses. After all, without the Jack Bros., Atlus would obviously not be as popular as they are today.

jackfrostheader.jpg

This has always been too cool!

Diablos

Yep, they succeeded in stripping away all the individuality that original logo had.

smh. There was nothing wrong with it.

cj_iwakura

The new logo is neat, but yeah, this was like changing the Konami logo(only not as drastic); it's iconic at this point. At least the coloring's intact.

FluxWaveZ

Might as well post this here. Via DualShockers, an apparently translated statement regarding some of the reasoning behind the new logo:
About the new “Atlus” logo, with the support of our customers we want to continue the unique development of Atlus with even more flexibility and freedom. We brushed up our image while inheriting the past, with the wish of standing out even more and sharpening Atlus’ individual style further.

Presumably the same reason Index's logo had a more dramatic change to disassociate itself from the Atlus logo resemblance.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shocked they didn't go with the SEGA fonting considering the day, but yea, I like the old logo better.

Savitar

Could have been worse.

Could have been the same type of lame logo DC comics and other companies have started to use in the last few years.

Top Bottom