• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus has a new logo: /|TLUS

FluxWaveZ

Heh, check out the copyright now under their games (PersonaQ for example):

Neat. Comparison of the copyright on the Persona 5 website from before and after:

Zz4RHks.png

KhDcLqN.png

At first I was like "why not" but looked at the old one again (OP image not working for old logo) and yeah, I like the old one better. The new one has short letters and not as much detail.

I dunno.

Kind of a sidegrade. The slight simplification is good and I like the new "A" but the rest is kind of dated generic. I probably would have gone with a thinner font if they were going to go in this direction. Maybe something closer to this:

9VKogq2.jpg

Voliko

Definitely a downgrade, it's so boring. It doesn't have anything to set itself apart besides the /|. Bring the cuts back!

I like it, though it could be due to its association with the company's restrengthened identity. I'm glad to see Atlus back on its feet and past its recent hurdles.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Kind of a sidegrade. The slight simplification is good and I like the new "A" but the rest is kind of dated generic. I probably would have gone with a thinner font if they were going to go in this direction. Maybe something closer to this:

9VKogq2.jpg

Yes, the thinner font is better.

El-Suave

I guess they did that in house - otherwise subtle changes like these remind me when our German Employment Agency changed logos.
Old one and new one:
32493_1.gif

That change did cost a confirmed 100.000 Euros and the estimated cost for all agencies to implement it was 10.000.000 Euros.

Dice//

Banned
THe spacing is the only thing that bugs me, but otherwise if their games are still good, then I'm happy.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dat 90s webpage nostalgia. for some reason all I could think of when looking closely at the new logo was that Atlus is an anagram of "a slut."

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I don't really care for the company's games, but this new logo is pretty solid.

The leaning of the A and the compressed width of the U and S letters makes the logo look squished. Also, the abstracted A now feels disconnected from the rest of the letters, none of which maintain its forward momentum as the old logo did with the old S and the linework on the T.

Whoever made the new logotype doesn't really have a strong grasp of typography. Moreover, the changes seem arbitrary. Companies generally change a logo when they want to express a new direction for a company. What does this logo say? It says to me that they're confused about their image or their future, but they don't want to let go of the past completely.

What's curious is that this high-res version has completely different kerning. At least this one breathes better.

RMI

Banned
the A, T, and L look fine but the U and the S look kind of odd to me.

Otherwise I think it looks fine. I'd buy their games regardless, even if their logo was ATLUS written in comic sans with fucking emotes and lol-cats spinning around it.

Top Bottom