• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do male cats get fat and lazy after you neuter them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NekoFever

Our old cat was no more lazy than a normal cat after he was neutered. He'd still go around the neighbourhood and fight a bit, but he wouldn't disappear for ages, vocalise or spray everywhere.

My parents' kitten is getting it done in a couple of weeks. They've decided that it's time because he keeps trying to fuck the dog :lol

Facism

nope. Our last cat ruled the street and harassed all the wildlife. It fought every fox, badger and dog. He used to wait at the gate to our house, for people walking their dogs by. He'd pop out and right hook the dog in the face then retreat and hiss at it.

The only thing that could kill it was cancer.

Puddles

Banned
My mom's cat is a lazy, fat fuck. Seriously, the motherfucker is obese. He was neutered as a young cat. I don't think he was a fat kitten.

But I've had two other neutered male cats who didn't get fat at all.

Shanadeus

Banned
Wii said:
BULLSHIT
All of my cats have been non 'fixed', even had some kitten surprises!
I've been around 'fixed' cats and they seem somewhat dopey

You've convinced me, lets neuter all alcoholics
There are way too many cats out there without a home, once we've made sure that there are no stray cats then maybe we shouldn't "fix" our own pets.

Until then you're just adding to the problem with every kitten surprise born.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Do male cats get fat and lazy after you neuter them?

no, they get awesome:

155310_465252299317_508664317_5360738_8101413_n.jpg

76948_465252209317_508664317_5360734_2654213_n.jpg

75121_465252554317_508664317_5360747_8169132_n.jpg

RyanDG

Just as an added health benefit note, neutering your cat eliminates the risk of testicular cancer and drastically lowers the risk of prostate cancer in cats.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Facism said:
nope. Our last cat ruled the street and harassed all the wildlife. It fought every fox, badger and dog. He used to wait at the gate to our house, for people walking their dogs by. He'd pop out and right hook the dog in the face then retreat and hiss at it.

The only thing that could kill it was cancer.

My cat used to do the same. She was surprisingly territorial once she got fixed up and used to leave for days at a time bringing us back mice, rabbits, squirrels, birds and on one occasion an owl.

Yes motherfucker, an owl. I don't know how my cat got it, but I credited her with the kill.

Then she got old and stopped roaming around the place. She's almost 19 now and is probably going to die before I see her again. :(

suzu

Wii said:
BULLSHIT
All of my cats have been non 'fixed', even had some kitten surprises!
I've been around 'fixed' cats and they seem somewhat dopey

You've convinced me, lets neuter all alcoholics

Female cats go into heat and sound like wailing banshees and male cats piss everywhere to mark their territory. Also it lowers risk of cancer in that area. Maybe you got lucky and never had to deal with any of that I guess. Anyway why add to the kitten population? There's a ton of kittens in shelters that need homes. Fixed cats I've been around have been all normal as far as personality changes and physiques go. My fixed male cat has a pouch, but he still acts crazy and kills every small animal he comes across. My female cat is also a skinny bitch lol.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Only had one cat before he got neutered... He was probably more hyper and frantic before he got fixed, but he also stank with the power of fucking Voltron.

And he was really hyper, too, so it was definitely a good thing that he settled down a bit.

Now he looks fat because he is so FLUFFY AND BEAUTIFUL but his weight is always right on target. He isn't super active (all cats sleep ~16 hours a day tho) unless something totally scary is happening, like there is a leaf, or it's raining, or something moved, or there is a bug, in which case he is a yowling nutcase.

Tabris

I saw it mentioned a couple times. DON'T FUCKING DECLAW YOUR CATS. It's extremely cruel. I don't want to see them again but youtube the surgery to see what you would be doing to your cat.

You can train your cats not to scratch shit they shouldn't as long as you give them stuff they can scratch.

Yasae

Banned
Piggus said:
I don't think I've heard about this myth before. I've had two male cats, and both were neutered. Neither one has ever become fat or lazy. :)
Have you become fat and lazy?

NotWii

Banned
suzu said:
Female cats go into heat and sound like wailing banshees and male cats piss everywhere to mark their territory. Also it lowers risk of cancer in that area. Maybe you got lucky and never had to deal with any of that I guess. Anyway why add to the kitten population? There's a ton of kittens in shelters that need homes. Fixed cats I've been around have been all normal as far as personality changes and physiques go. My fixed male cat has a pouch, but he still acts crazy and kills every small animal he comes across. My female cat is also a skinny bitch lol.
Because I took care of the kittens

Celsior

Shanadeus said:
What about their kittens then?
Gonna take care of them?
Yeah, the kids will start fucking each other and you would have incest kittens, then those kitties would start fucking the grandmother kitty and the family tree would be all fucked up. Then you will have to send those kitties to a special school, then will never have friends and live a horrible life. So yeah, what then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom