• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

That is a lot of money for Foster but the guy is a total beast on the field. Some people are saying he a system made RB from the ZBS . The ZBS makes good RB's great but what is does for Foster is make a great RB beastly. Im just ecstaticthe texans stepped up and took care of the guy.

fostercatch.gif

jakncoke

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Terrible, terrible move. The guy disappears for WEEKS at a time. He constantly overruns the QB and is almost always running back toward the OL to make a play. He pads his stats against terrible teams.

They're going to lose Tulloch at MLB over this and that's a huge mistake--that guy was our MVP on defense last year. Avril benefited huge from the addition of Fairley and Suh and I think many cheaper DEs would have equal or near the success that Avril had if they were plugged in his place.

If they can Calvins cap figure away from 22 million this year, they could keep Tulloch

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If they can Calvins cap figure away from 22 million this year, they could keep Tulloch

Maybe, but I don't see it happening--not after the deal Fitzgerald got.

jakncoke

Banned
that gif.. just uh.. i think it'd be better it said haters to the left.. haters to the right.. haters going to hate instead of just saying haters to the left.

squicken

That is a lot of money for Foster but the guy is a total beast on the field. Some people are saying he a system made RB from the ZBS . The ZBS makes good RB's great but what is does for Foster is make a great RB beastly. Im just ecstaticthe texans stepped up and took care of the guy.

fostercatch.if

I think anyone watching knows he's an exception to the rule about not paying RBs or ZBS backs in general. SEA paying Lynch was soooo stupid. The guy cannot hit big plays with the frequency you need from a RB. Arian was a no brainer.

Is anyone scared of Lynch when they play the Seahawks?

jakncoke

Banned
His contract will be done by the time the Seachickens are in a realm of playoff bound.

edit: damn Arian getting 18 million this year. Considering how careers can fall out for RBs that a really sweet deal for him.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So...Favre is off my personal shit list.

Brent said:
With Favre, the reaction is rarely three words long. "I'm not pissed,'' he said. "It's football. I don't think anything less of those guys.

"Now the truth comes out. That's good. But that's football. The only thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing is we lost the game. That's the thing about that day that still bothers me. And that's the way it goes. If they wanted me to testify in court about this, they'd be calling the wrong guy.''

Greg

This deal is going to fuck us with Rice. He already said he wants Peterson money.
At least he's worth it. I don't see him as the CJ type.
I know this because of my 20+ years of football experience.

People need to stop skimping on their GAF Gold payments. Evilore can't pay the bills without your PayPal contributions.
Maybe they could pay the bills if they stopped banning GAF Gold members.

So...Favre is off my personal shit list.
I'm sure someone from Packers-GAF will pick up the hate slack.

"I'm not pissed,'' he said. "It's football. I don't think anything less of those guys.

"Now the truth comes out. That's good. But that's football. The only thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing is we lost the game. That's the thing about that day that still bothers me. And that's the way it goes. If they wanted me to testify in court about this, they'd be calling the wrong guy.''
Next CBA negotiation, I don't want to hear fuck all from players begging ownership for lifetime health insurance, less time spent in OTA's, less practice due to body wear and tear and supposed "player safety" compromises. That's football afterall.

I love these players coming out and saying "Oh it's just football!"....right until the medical bills come up. Then come CBA time, it's time to fight for player safety and ownership money to pay for concussions and medical issues you idiots are targeting one another for your $1500 "bonus".

MechDX

His contract will be done by the time the Seachickens are in a realm of playoff bound.

edit: damn Arian getting 18 million this year. Considering how careers can fall out for RBs that a really sweet deal for him.

I personally believe some of that money is for what Arian already has done. They guy has basically played for the league minimum the past two years while being one of the best producers in the league and hasnt complained once unlike some running backs...

That shows McNair what he values most: classy players who carry themselves well.

Next CBA negotiation, I don't want to hear fuck all from players begging ownership for lifetime health insurance, less time spent in OTA's, less practice due to body wear and tear and supposed "player safety" compromises. That's football afterall.

I love these players coming out and saying "Oh it's just football!"....right until the medical bills come up. Then come CBA time, it's time to fight for player safety and ownership money to pay for concussions and medical issues you idiots are targeting one another for your $1500 "bonus".

HEY!!!!!!!!!!

These players put their lives on the line! the greedy owners are just trying to get more $$$ and it's the players who are taking all the risk!!

Greg

Yeah, it's an easy thing for a retired player to say - especially one that was in the league for 16 seasons and stayed relatively healthy throughout his entire stay.

Sanjuro

I would be incredibly entertained if the Eagles draft RGIII and he rolls up to the first day of practice with a truck full of dogs.

eznark

Banned

That's an absolutely fantastic point

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow, Jags franchised Josh Scobee. Kinda Sad

He did singlehandedly beat us

Scobee, Prater, Nugent and Dawson have all been franchise tagged so far. Connor Barth is evidently going to be tagged pretty soon too.

I mean really if you have a kicker you like and nobody else to tag, you might as well just tag your kicker since the salary of kickers isn't exactly through the roof in comparison to other positions.

squicken

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...r_saints_bounty_loomis_payton_williams_030512

Santini, the Saints’ former director of security, filed a lawsuit against the franchise 22 months ago, alleging that general manager Mickey Loomis asked him to participate in a cover-up of felony theft of prescription Vicodin involving coach Sean Payton.

At the time, with the Saints still basking in the glow of their first Super Bowl championship, Santini’s allegations seemed capable of carrying massive consequences that could have cost Loomis and/or Payton their jobs and subjected the two men to prosecution. Shortly thereafter, in what amounted to a procedural equivalent of a game-winning, tipped-pass touchdown on the final play, the Saints compelled Santini to drop the suit by invoking an arbitration clause in his contract that effectively put the matter under Goodell’s jurisdiction and out of the public eye.

I wonder if Payton will claim that he was so stoned that he wasn't capable of overseeing Williams' going-ons

Godslay

Banned
Scobee, Prater, Nugent and Dawson have all been franchise tagged so far. Connor Barth is evidently going to be tagged pretty soon too.

I mean really if you have a kicker you like and nobody else to tag, you might as well just tag your kicker since the salary of kickers isn't exactly through the roof in comparison to other positions.

I don't know about the rest of them, but Prater is 100% worth the tag. He was absolutely clutch, even more so than Tebow. It's a no brainer, especially when all of the names you would use the tag on are under contract.

Junie12

Who you thinking we're taking? If we get Peyton I think we take Fitzpatrick if he drops to us. If we don't get Manning we're either trading up the first pick or we're gonna do some trades and grab Tannehill a little later in the first.

I think we might be taking Ingram, Coples or Reiff in this draft. But if we sign Manning then either Tannehill or Reiff. I'm not in love with any of these players in this draft so I'm in favor of BPA

Turnstile

I don't know about the rest of them, but Prater is 100% worth the tag. He was absolutely clutch, even more so than Tebow. It's a no brainer, especially when all of the names you would use the tag on are under contract.

100% agree. Watching Praters 59 yd kick in the Chicago game was incredible. Only to be followed up by his kick in OT. Ice in the veins.
Those kicks were FAR more impressive to watch in person than they were on television. He looked so far away from the goalposts.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
“Well, I think we were a playoff-caliber offense this year,” Shanahan said. “But we didn’t have the depth that you need to go through a season. You can’t lose your left tackle, your left guard, your center. You can’t lose your starting running back and tight end, especially your tight end that’s your best blocker in Chris Cooley. And then you lose Santana Moss for four or five games, and a guy like [Leonard] Hankerson who finally gets ready, he goes down. And it’s just part of football. There’s no excuses. But what you have to do is you have to build your football team, where you can lose three or four guys on offense, you can lose three or four guys on defense, you’re deep enough to still win football games. And that is what great organizations do.”

Godslay

Banned
No, it's sad, get a real player to franchise.

I hope I don't get banned for bashing kickers.

This doesn't surprise me when your kicker is Cundiff.

100% agree. Watching Praters 59 yd kick in the Chicago game was incredible. Only to be followed up by his kick in OT. Ice in the veins.
Those kicks were FAR more impressive to watch in person than they were on television. He looked so far away from the goalposts.

12 - 16 in kicks over 50 yards since 2008. I'll 75% at that range. Add into that he had four "walk-off" kicks in 2011. Can't wait to see him break some records. Hopefully Fox will let him have a shot at that distance.

“Well, I think we were a playoff-caliber offense this year,” Shanahan said. “But we didn’t have the depth that you need to go through a season. You can’t lose your left tackle, your left guard, your center. You can’t lose your starting running back and tight end, especially your tight end that’s your best blocker in Chris Cooley. And then you lose Santana Moss for four or five games, and a guy like [Leonard] Hankerson who finally gets ready, he goes down. And it’s just part of football. There’s no excuses. But what you have to do is you have to build your football team, where you can lose three or four guys on offense, you can lose three or four guys on defense, you’re deep enough to still win football games. And that is what great organizations do.”

he has a point. the broncos were a playoff team. i could make an argument that the redskins were as good as the broncos on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom