• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

you can't play on crushing to start. this post reads like bull

yes you can. Its greyed out, but u can still pick. it.

If you dont believe me, here is one of the most popular trophy guide makers saying it as well

http://www.powerpyx.com/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-trophy-guide-roadmap/

"Crushing is available from the start. It is greyed out in the difficulty options, but you can select it anyway. For Uncharted veterans this is recommended as it is the fastest way to get the Platinum and saves you another playthrough."

Just finished it and what a ride. Liked it better then 3 and 1. Still undecided if I liked it more then 4, but it's right there and I hope we get another Uncharted game after TLOU 2 with Chloe.

Worst Uncharted ever I'm spending more time taking screen shots than actually playing the game sweet lawd make it stop

The first area only is filled with details. I can spend the whole day admiring them and taking photos of them.
I never saw any game concentrating so much details in just one area.

Kalentan

Man getting back into the MP it's sad to see it having gone down the same route that Gears and Halo has.

In that, as the player base has dwindled, the people that never stopped playing now group up and basically dominate anyone trying to get into the mp. 9/10 times you will be thrown into a match where you're are hopelessly out matched.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I can't think of a single developer that has generated this much unique content and assets in a single year.

Please, do share.
I mean, the idea that Ubi isn't notorious for this is a bit astounding, I mean AC:Rev was made in ten months as an example. But differences in workforce and all that. >> Also the COD games are basically a masterclass in that... When top tier devs have existing assets and code they can "easily" pump put games in a very timely fashion. Hell this isn't even very new for UC specifically considering 3 still had some assets from UC1 like the death animations and core AI.

prag16

Banned
I'm only in chapter 3. But without spoilers, can somebody confirm that they actually take a step back at some point and fill in the backstory of how they came to be working together, etc? I'm assuming they do, but so far it's a little weird not knowing what's going on and how they got there, and this state has persisted for longer than other games in the series. "In media res" type openings don't usually last this long. Or maybe it's just me.

robotrock

Banned
I mean, the idea that Ubi isn't notorious for this is a bit astounding, I mean AC:Rev was made in ten months as an example. But differences in workforce and all that. >> Also the COD games are basically a masterclass in that... When top tier devs have existing assets and code they can "easily" pump put games in a very timely fashion. Hell this isn't even very new for UC specifically considering 3 still had some assets from UC1 like the death animations and core AI.

Each COD game takes about three years to make. If Uncharted 3 took two years reusing assets, this taking one still seems even more impressive.

I'm only in chapter 3. But without spoilers, can somebody confirm that they actually take a step back at some point and fill in the backstory of how they came to be working together, etc? I'm assuming they do, but so far it's a little weird not knowing what's going on and how they got there, and this state has persisted for longer than other games in the series. "In media res" type openings don't usually last this long. Or maybe it's just me.

(Spoil tagging this for people who don't want to know the answer)
------------ yes

They talk about it in the game. Youll find out why later. Big plot spoilers so i wont cover it

That open area is exactly what I wanted from the exploratory segments in UC4. I prefer roller-coaster Uncharted, but this area's been great. The dialogue actually gives further insight into the characters' motivations, there are useful/optional weapons to find through light exploration, the puzzles are cooler, there's some decent "how do I get up there" moments ...

It's almost as if ... they've taken to heart the criticisms of 4.

Not to mention that chapter 2 shade thrown at
crates
. A game after my own heart

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Each COD game takes about three years to make. If Uncharted 3 took two years reusing assets, this taking one still seems even more impressive.
The three year dev cycle is very recent, (2014) and even then they're still using the base from MW2.It's always good to take into pre-production vs the full on production. With games liek this there's WAY less time spent prototyping what's possible and more time spent just full on producing all of the new content like the levels and cinematics. Not disparaging ND for or anything. Just this type of thing, like performance capture, has been in the industry for awhile.

cheez124

I'm loving this so far, and I'm still only on chapter 4. It really does feel like a fully realized version of what they were trying to do with Madagascar in U4. Chloe is great (as always), and I really like her banter with Nadine. I hope she stays as the main character in any future Uncharted games.

robotrock

Banned
The three year dev cycle is very recent, (2014) and even then they're still using the base from MW2.It's always good to take into pre-production vs the full on production. With games liek this there's WAY less time spent prototyping what's possible and more time spent just full on producing all of the new content like the levels and cinematics. Not disparaging ND for or anything. Just this type of thing, like performance capture, has been in the industry for awhile.

AAA games seemingly take way more time and money this generation than they did last generation. For how this game stands right next to the last few Naughty Dog releases, it's impressive they got it out in such time. Especially after how they took three years with Uncharted 4 (plus another year or two in preproduction?)

Just happy to see this turnaround time for such a quality product.

Whew what a ride that was! I'm gonna say it. The Lost Legacy is the best Uncharted game gameplay wise.

Naughty Dog man! They just can't stop delivering! They're too good at making those games!! HOLY SHIT!

And Claudia Black. She nailed it!

This game proves that Uncharted could star anyone and still be great or even better than Nathan Drake's adventures.

Off to the platinum!

Memento

I wonder if the new directors will become Naughty Dog's next Bruce and Neil.

With all the praise I am seeing here and considering it was a game developed in 1 fucking year, I would imagine they will rise a lot in the studio.

MCD250

Played for about four hours straight today without even meaning to. I'm really, really enjoying it. I'm finding it a much more fun and pleasant experience than 4, and of course it looks equally extraordinary. I haven't finished it yet (left off at the beginning of chapter 5 of 6, don't exactly recall) but so far I'd put it above 4, Golden Abyss and 1 in terms of my personal ranking of the series.

Will pick it back up tomorrow and hopefully finish it.

Xeteh

Just finished it and it was fantastic. I was super bummed that Chloe was nowhere to be found in 4 so her starring in this was awesome and Nadine is pretty great. I want more!

I feel like Uncharted 4 is The Force Awakens and Lost Legacy is Rogue One. The first one came out to a lot of excitement, and while it was received pretty well, there were some waves of criticism that got more intense as time went on and honeymoon wore off. Not long after, the second one came out to a lot of love from the fans, and now it's the hot think to say "I actually like the second thing better than the first!"

Or people just like what they like and my analogies based on anecdotal evidence mean nothing.

kikiribu

The first area only is filled with details. I can spend the whole day admiring them and taking photos of them.
I never saw any game concentrating so much details in just one area.
It's distracting in the best way possible lol

Is* more impressive, no need for seems

Hopefully ND slept enough, Arne. Just a year sounds nutso

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Currently at the end of chapter 5 on hard in 8 hrs 45 min. LOVED chapter 4 and 5. Completed chapter 4 100% in regards to the map and that took me a whopping 5 hours. Love the setup and all the puzzles thus far. The chemistry between Chloe and Nadine is damn good. Very much enjoying the game to where I don't want to stop playing. :)

I feel like Uncharted 4 is The Force Awakens and Lost Legacy is Rogue One. The first one came out to a lot of excitement, and while it was received pretty well, there were some waves of criticism that got more intense as time went on and honeymoon wore off. Not long after, the second one came out to a lot of love from the fans, and now it's the hot think to say "I actually like the second thing better than the first!"

Or people just like what they like and my analogies based on anecdotal evidence mean nothing.
Probably the latter based on anecdotal evidence

robotrock

Banned
Just finished it and it was fantastic. I was super bummed that Chloe was nowhere to be found in 4 so her starring in this was awesome and Nadine is pretty great. I want more!
Always really enjoyed Chloe and was super bummed out when she wasn't in 4. Thought they forgot her!

But godddamn I didn't know these were Naughty Dog's plans. Chloe can totally rock her own games, just like Drake. Nadine too I bet. Love them as a duo.

dugdug

Banned
I have to be honest. Uncharted was my favorite series of last gen, and I was disappointed with Uncharted 4. I still like parts of that game, but, overall, it was such a dour experience, that I just get sad when I think of it.

So I had no hopes for The Lost Legacy. In my eyes, I saw Naughty Dog as permanently shaped differently thanks to TLOU. Everything was going to be a serious, real-ass affair from here on. Can't just make a game about people hunting treasure and going on a wild ride anymore.

Fuck me, I couldn't have been more wrong. I might still be coming off the high of having finished it (cause I just couldn't stop playing) but, this could very well be my second favorite in the series, after Among Thieves.

Huge props to Margenau and Escayg. And the rest of the team as well. They brought back the one main aspect of Uncharted that was so sadly missing in A Thief's End: fun.

Loudninja

Always really enjoyed Chloe and was super bummed out when she wasn't in 4. Thought they forgot her!

But godddamn I didn't know these were Naughty Dog's plans for her. She can totally rock her own games, just like Drake. Nadine too I bet. Love them as a duo.
Need some Cutter in the sequels as well.

well im finally done with Chapter 4, that was terrible. I am playing on crushing and getting all collectibles. That was like an almost all day process. This section was way too long and boring. As someone said earlier, drive to a location, use hook to open a door, go in and do stuff, and on to the next one thats almost the exact same. It reminded me of why I hated Arkham Knight.

oh, and I even missed a trophy. So I gotta go back in explorer difficulty and get that later
They made that section full of optional content and people will still complain.

Kambing

Beat the game. Would rate it 9/10. UC2 -> TLL -> UC4 -> UC3 -> UC1

Took me 7 hours and 50 minutes on normal difficulty, including the optional quest. I'm really surprised i only found half of the photo locations as i did spend time admiring things. Got 54 treasures though. TLL is a very concise and packed UC experience and is a reminder why i fell in love with the series. There were a couple of videos ND made prior to release, referencing how this title was meant to go back to the roots of UC... epic set pieces, epic locations and great pacing. This game was all of that and more. Very glad that the team went back to a more grandeur presentation in TLL, as opposed to the grounded, true to life setting of UC4. Certainly feel like i got the deal of the year by getting this game through the season pass offering -- redefines value IMO.

Chloe and Nadine make a great team. I truly hope this is not the last we see of them, or the series.

Servbot24

Banned

Seems a bit odd to say 4 had a honeymoon phase and then praise LL the day it comes out. :p People just like what they like, and maybe groups of people just so happen to comment on it at different times.

From what I've played so far (four hours), 4 is unquestionably more finely and carefully crafted. But LL is still every bit the Uncharted fans love. Can't wait to continue tomorrow!

Xeteh

But godddamn I didn't know these were Naughty Dog's plans. Chloe can totally rock her own games, just like Drake. Nadine too I bet. Love them as a duo.

I'm curious what the scope of the original version of TLL was since it was supposed to be just DLC. I'm glad it grew in to its own thing though, it was so much fun and I missed Chloe's sarcasm so much.

4 and LL are so utterly different in what they are attempting to do the endless comparisons seem sort of weird. 4 had the weight of three games and all the characters within and had the burden of tying up an entire franchise. The Lost Legacy basically has a completely blank canvas and isn't beholden to a decade worth of writing and plot.

4 and LL are so utterly different in what they are attempting to do the endless comparisons seem sort of weird. 4 had the weight of three games and all the characters within and had the burden of tying up an entire franchise. The Lost Legacy basically has a completely blank canvas and isn't beholden to a decade worth of writing and plot.

This is how I feel too.

Enjoying my time with this game. Really great getting back in to the Uncharted franchise.

Screen is from gameplay. It looks so good I don't even need to bother jumping into photomode.

uncharted_thelostlega3pugi.png

dfYdeyq.gif

oh man its pretty much an open world uncharted. its been said many times but i did not expect it.

chloe is already my fav. I hope she takes helm of the series

Enjoying my time with this game. Really great getting back in to the Uncharted franchise.

Screen is from gameplay. It looks so good I don't even need to bother jumping into photomode.

uncharted_thelostlega3pugi.png

hah i literally just took a photo from the same spot

I think i noticed thin in 4 too but need to double check but do some of the character models produce a slight horizontal green/red shadow effect especially inthe hair or beard? It feels super jarring when cutscenes are playing and it feels like some people are covered in oil or something.

melkier33

Just beat it, at the beginning I was getting series fatigue but the ending was pretty hype. Just hope in the future they can do something to freshen up the game play a bit. Definitely would be interested in another game with Chloe but at the same time kinda miss Drake. Also the song at the end was pretty cool, little unexpected from naughty dog to do that.

Gitaroo

Just looking at this game backdrop makes me think when are we ever going to get a zelda game that look this good because I feel like this can be something out of breath of the wild with the towers and exploration . Of course answer is never.

DieH@rd

Banned
I hope that they will manage to do something like this again in Uncharted franchise, but seeing that it took their entire studio to work on this for more than a year, it's not realistic for something like this to happen again.

But if it sells great, maybe they will get the chance.

Made it some way into chapter 4 and I'm absolutely loving it.

The pacing for these first couple hours felt just right. Something I feel uncharted 4 could've done better.

BeeDog

So glad to hear all these positive impressions about the game :> I loved Uncharted 4, and to hear this one is even tighter is increasing my hype. Hopefully I'll get some time to start up the game tonight.

Man getting back into the MP it's sad to see it having gone down the same route that Gears and Halo has.

In that, as the player base has dwindled, the people that never stopped playing now group up and basically dominate anyone trying to get into the mp. 9/10 times you will be thrown into a match where you're are hopelessly out matched.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting back into the mp, but I assumed this is what it had turned into. It's just not fun without fresh blood.

Top Bottom