• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Stupid Amazon is still showing that they went ship until this Friday to be received next Monday. The status changed to preparing for shipment today though so I hope it'll be sent tomorrow so I'll be able to play this on the weekend.

In the middle I'd say

I loved both games, but I would say it's closer to 2 as far as the pacing and action scenes.

The best aspects of 2, with the improved combat of 4

Only up to start of cpt 5, but feels like tomb raider reboot where you have big area filled with hidden collectibles/treasures. If you're the kind who have to collect everything, the pace is slower than u4. But I like all the puzzles and combat scenario scattered around this area. Although at times I do wish to just move on to the next chapter because I took around 3 hours just stuck in cpt 4 with no story progression.

Thank you all.

More_Badass, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I loved UC4's combat, but the pacing was a bit off for me. I'll be picking this up soon.

Morts

I'm really enjoying the exploration in Chapter 4 so far. I'm in no hurry.

My god though, no other game has made the fan in my Pro this loud. Am I alone?

well im finally done with Chapter 4, that was terrible. I am playing on crushing and getting all collectibles. That was like an almost all day process. This section was way too long and boring. As someone said earlier, drive to a location, use hook to open a door, go in and do stuff, and on to the next one thats almost the exact same. It reminded me of why I hated Arkham Knight.

oh, and I even missed a trophy. So I gotta go back in explorer difficulty and get that later

Thank you all.

More_Badass, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I loved UC4's combat, but the pacing was a bit off for me. I'll be picking this up soon.
Yeah, I said in an earlier post that this feels like the evolution of Uncharted 2 that 3 should have been. A faster pace and a nice balance of puzzles, temples, action, exploration, nice character moments, and set pieces. In some ways, it's like a better Tomb Raider than the new Tomb Raiders

Toni

Yeah, I said in an earlier post that this feels like the evolution of Uncharted 2 that 3 should have been. A faster pace and a nice balance of puzzles, temples, action, exploration, nice character moments, and set pieces. In some ways, it's like a better Tomb Raider than the new Tomb Raiders

The crazy thing is that this wasn't written or directed by either Bruce Straley or Neil Druckman.

That studio ia just oozing talent. I'm curious to see what this "new" team of Naughty Dog does next.

robotrock

Banned
I just finished this up. Loved it loved it loved it. UC4 was kind of a dissapointment for me but this...this is fantastic.

Naughty Dog please keep making Uncharted games

george_us

I had this exact thought today. This game almost feels like the old Tomb Raiders with much better combat.

LiK

Uncharted TLL feels like the evolution of Uncharted 2 that 3 should have been, with the refined combat and maneuverability of 4.

If 4 is its own thing, with its greater focus on a personal story and endnote, then this is more akin to 2's balance of puzzles, exploration, combat, and faster pacing

Exactly.

It's interesting contrasting the opinions here to Podcast Beyond's crew on IGN. They say it feels just like Uncharted 4 and takes only 6 hours.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn this sounds like a big step up from the Uncharted formula.

I watched DansGaming play it for a few hours and i dunno i didn't saw any big step ups from the Uncharted formula, looked and played like Uncharted 4.

I fell asleep at some point, maybe i missed something but from what i've seen not much has changed.

It's interesting contrasting the opinions here to Podcast Beyond's crew on IGN. They say it feels just like Uncharted 4 and takes only 6 hours.
My brother only took 6 hours

But it was 6 hours of pure lean unadulterated Uncharted, a distillation of the best aspects of the entire series

LiK

What an awful summation from them. This is a much tighter Uncharted game with a really nice balance of exploration, puzzles and combat. One doesn't overwhelm the others and the story flows so much better than UC4. I didn't hate any sections or areas like the previous games. This is exactly what I want from the franchise.

U2NUMB

So far (early on) I am enjoying this more than Uncharted 4.. Enjoy not playing nathan to be honest. Game looks amazing on the pro in 4k

CHC

Hah.... so playing this actually made me go back up Uncharted 2 via the remaster.

Still such a perfect game. Also looks surprisingly amazing still.

My brother only took 6 hours

But it was 6 hours of pure lean unadulterated Uncharted, a distillation of the best aspects of the entire series

What an awful summation from them. This is a much tighter Uncharted game with a really nice balance of exploration, puzzles and combat. One doesn't overwhelm the others and the story flows so much better than UC4. I didn't hate any sections or areas like the previous games. This is exactly what I want from the franchise.

That all sounds awesome. I was a bit disappointed after Podcast Beyond sounded bored by the game and thought it felt stale and too familiar. Your impressions get me re-hyped.

Kambing

Gotta say, the PS4 pro implementation in TLL definitely seems sharper than in UC4. Previously there was a bit of softness to the image due to the upscaling from 1440p to 4k. Here i am not noticing it very much. Or i am losing my mind.

Something else i noticed is how ND really honed in on the lighting for this game. Much like how HZD focuses on lighting transitions that present the game in the best light. A few levels in UC4 had a time of day where lighting was harsh and abrasive, making the dithered low resolution shadows more obvious than in other areas. Here not so much. They've really stuck to scenes/time of day that make the levels and assets look the best they can.

JayB1920

That all sounds awesome. I was a bit disappointed after Podcast Beyond sounded bored by the game and thought it felt stale and too familiar. Your impressions get me re-hyped.

Well to be fair it is more Uncharted and has a been there done that feel. That’s not a bad thing at all a bad thing though when what is here is done so well. Nothing overstays it welcome. Only a problem if you are tired of the series. I’m not finished yet but I see myself placing this in my top 3 if not top 2 of the series.

WDFBXol.gif

alright im jumping in noow

LiK

Well to be fair it is more Uncharted and has a been there done that feel. That’s not a bad thing at all a bad thing though when what is here is done so well. Only a problem if you are tired of the series.

I think the fact that it's not about Nathan Drake anymore is also a bit refreshing. Nice to learn about the side characters more.

robotrock

Banned
I think the fact that it's not about Nathan Drake anymore is also a bit refreshing. Nice to learn about the side characters more.

It's sooooo refreshing. From the second they announced Uncharted 4 I was sure hoping it wouldn't be based on Drake (considering 3's direction), but I didn't get my wish. This more than makes up for it though.

The duo dynamic here is so so so good too. Hope we see these two leading another game.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You haven't played it yet, right?
There are locations that are absolutely huge, breathtakingly beautiful, so detailed and polished, imo more impressive than most of what you see in UC4 even. That in a year is definitely astounding.
Given the circumstances that's what I'd expect.

Blader

How are people getting their Jak and Daxter download codes? I pre-bought Lost Legacy on Amazon last month but didn't get an email then with the download code and it didn't come with my physical copy of the game when it arrived today.

LiK

How are people getting their Jak and Daxter download codes? I pre-bought Lost Legacy on Amazon last month but didn't get an email then with the download code and it didn't come with my physical copy of the game when it arrived today.

I bought from BB and they sent an email with code.

Trouble

Banned
Just finished it. Loved it. Great pacing, none of the sections stretched on too long. The random bits of Chloe/Nadine banter are top notch.

robotrock

Banned

Gamestop printed mine on a receipt

I got an email with the code at 12:00 a.m. the day it arrived (Amazon).

Amazon sent me mine through email today.

well im finally done with Chapter 4, that was terrible. I am playing on crushing and getting all collectibles. That was like an almost all day process. This section was way too long and boring. As someone said earlier, drive to a location, use hook to open a door, go in and do stuff, and on to the next one thats almost the exact same. It reminded me of why I hated Arkham Knight.

oh, and I even missed a trophy. So I gotta go back in explorer difficulty and get that later

you can't play on crushing to start. this post reads like bull

Top Bottom