• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Chapter 3 bracelet question

i collect all 11 yellow tokens, now Chloe has a bracelet on, in the menu it says enable Queen's Ruby, and in certain areas while standing in water, the controller vibrates, and a jingle plays

Anybody know what it means?

Reading impressions Idk why so many are surprised that they made this in a year, they had an entire code base already established not to mention a ton of assets from Drake's animation data, to the jeep, to foliage sets etc. are reused leaving plenty of time for investment into new asset creation. RIP to the devs who likely lost a lot a lot of sleep getting this out the door in such a quick time but yea, a game of this length isn't that crazy all factors behind it's dev time considered.

You're not surprised and impressed that a game of such high quality was made in just a year?

i collect all 11 yellow tokens, now Chloe has a bracelet on, in the menu it says enable Queen's Ruby, and in certain areas while standing in water, the controller vibrates, and a jingle plays

it helps you find treasures when you're near one - the controller makes a pinging noise

best feature ever

farmerboy

I'm having quite the stressful day and therefore am looking forward to my chance to play it tonight. Like reeaaalllyy looking forward to it.

Really happy also that 2 new directors have done well with this. ND in good hands it seems.

Grisby

The camera mode where you can mess with facial expressions is simultaneously awesome and the stuff of which nightmares come from.

Also, I'm really enjoying the game. Much stronger opening than UC4. I've just been messing around in chapter 4 and I like the puzzle/firefight ratio.

AudioEppa

It's for discovering treasurer near by. My friend looked it up on YouTube last night so he could get the trophy.

I didn't do it, I just wanted to get out of that area as soon as possible.

it helps you find treasures when you're near one - the controller makes a pinging noise

best feature ever

that makes sense, since after getting it I went to the monkey area the controller vibrates and noise comes up and there were 3 of them. But now I'm in a area and can't find shit. Maybe I'll save my grenades then, instead of throwing them in the water.

The music in the game is garbage, as expected.

They should have tried to get Edmonson or Clint Bajakian back.

Aside from that and the slog of chapter 4, this game is pretty great otherwise.

arne

I'm having quite the stressful day and therefore am looking forward to my chance to play it tonight. Like reeaaalllyy looking forward to it.

Really happy also that 2 new directors have done well with this. ND in good hands it seems.

Dare I say bags of skill? :p

Holy shit. This game is incredible. It's imho exactly what Uncharted should be. The puzzles are awesome, the exploration is great and of course the combat is rock solid. Just got done with Chapter 4.

Uncharted 4's opening problem, as you elucidated for me, is that it's all over the place. They should've cut the opening boat scene (adds nothing except "whoa! They're on an adventure later or in this game about adventure!") and Sam's flashback (the "twist" later on would work better without us seeing the story directly anyway.) Young Nate & Sam's sequence was good to include but was too long. Nate's job/home life was fine.

It's such a busy opening that accomplishes only a couple things.

Definite no to the boat being cut. It's a great sequence; it just would have been better chronologically after the islands area to punctuate what was mostly puzzles and exploration. Heck, I wouldn't mind playing it again, similar to how you climb the train again in Uncharted 2.

And I think the twist works better because of the prison escape sequence. The whole time I was playing the game, I kept thinking,
"Man, it's going to suck when he has to face Alcazar again. I wonder how he's going to fit into the Rafe storyline or if it'll be separate."
Plus, it's just fun to play and to watch such a huge breakout happen.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Chapter 4 is fantastic! I love the openness. I didn't think I'd like that in an Uncharted but they did a good job of mixing the great combat bowls of U4 with the setpiece destruction of U2/3 and added in meaningful exploration. Really neat.

Tyaren

Reading impressions Idk why so many are surprised that they made this in a year...

You haven't played it yet, right?
There are locations that are absolutely huge, breathtakingly beautiful, so detailed and polished, imo more impressive than most of what you see in UC4 even. That in a year is definitely astounding.

nampad

The download of this game is so fucked up.

I only wanted to download the single player but still needed over 80 GB of free space?
When I looked up the size in the application menu it showed me the game is using 40 GB even though I am only downloading 10 GB for the SP.

Maybe somehow the PS4 reserves the space of both SP and MP (plus doubling that size for the installation process) even if you only want to download the SP?
Didn't help that the PS4 only told me I need to delete unnecessary applications instead of telling me how much space was needed.

Does this have unlockable "cheats" like 4? I figure I'll probably try to get the platinum in this, but I don't really want to play on Crushing on my first playthrough as that same thing almost ruined my experience with 4.

These locations are unreal. Everything is jaw dropping. Digging the pacing so far, too. It seems to have a good handle on the tempo of the different facets of gameplay thus far, and mixes them up well. The story doesn't have as good of a hook as Uncharted 4, but I dig the dynamic between Chloe and Nadine.

Quote this post for my Uncharted 4 multiplayer instant unlock mutiplayer bundle that I got with The Lost Legacy. I don't have UC4 nor care for its MP one bit. Enjoy!

WDFBXol.gif

I loved Uncharted 4 but so far this just seems to be moving at such a faster pace and still having insane moments, this could be one of my favorites of the entire franchise.

zsynqx

Oh shit
Elephants!!

That entire sequence was pretty masterful. When I first heard what sounded like growling I was expecting to either be attacked by tigers or for some supernatural element to be introduced. Was not expecting fucking elephants, really nice moment.

Chapter 6 spoilers.

Not going to even mention it since tags don't always work for mobile users. But you know what I'm talking about. What a ride....Soooo great.

CHC

Finished it mostly all in the span of today. 8:50 on the final clock for those curious, and I'm a relatively slow layer. Couldn't see this taking longer than 12 hours for almost anyone, frankly, but it doesn't need to. It's tightly paced and feels like a really suitable and condensed single adventure.

I really enjoyed it, with my favorites being the later chapters (6 onwards). I appreciated the experiment with openness in Chapter 4 but in my mind it overstayed its welcome just a bit. It's not that Naughty Dog is bad at making open areas and side quests, it's more that they do other things so much better that bumbling around an area collecting optional thingamajigs (no matter how well it may be done) tends to feel almost like filler by comparison.

I also loved Nadine's character. She's a badass but she's also kind of a stickler and uncool deep down, the dynamic between her and Chloe by the end was great. It was nice that they didn't double down on the military chick archetype and instead made her more of just a straight-laced, slightly uptite personality.

Zok310

Banned
Damn was gonna wait till Sony made this a + title but after this thread I think that wait will be impossible.

Mooreberg

No wonder this game is a 47GB download, the texture quality (and lighting) are amazing. Also, did Nadine say "they pleasure the privates of lemurs" near the bat cave? lol

Oh shit
Elephants!!

That entire sequence was pretty masterful. When I first heard what sounded like growling I was expecting to either be attacked by tigers or for some supernatural element to be introduced. Was not expecting fucking elephants, really nice moment.

That and the ending are my favorite moments in the game. I did not see that coming.

CHC

Damn was gonna wait till Sony made this a + title but after this thread I think that wait will be impossible.

lol they haven't even made Killzone Shadow Fall a PS+ title.... unless you don't mind playing this in 30 years I'd say pick it up once it hits your price range!

Also, did Nadine say "they pleasure the privates of lemurs" near the bat cave? lol

Sorry to spoil your fun but I think it's "they're closer to primates or lemurs" in response to Chloe's "flying rats" comment..... haha

Soooooooo, is this closer to Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 4? How action packed are we talkin'? How's the overall pacing?
Only up to start of cpt 5, but feels like tomb raider reboot where you have big area filled with hidden collectibles/treasures. If you're the kind who have to collect everything, the pace is slower than u4. But I like all the puzzles and combat scenario scattered around this area. Although at times I do wish to just move on to the next chapter because I took around 3 hours just stuck in cpt 4 with no story progression.

ron_bato

Chapter 4 is fantastic! I love the openness. I didn't think I'd like that in an Uncharted but they did a good job of mixing the great combat bowls of U4 with the setpiece destruction of U2/3 and added in meaningful exploration. Really neat.

Yeah, chapter 4 really made me do things I've never done, or enjoyed in an Uncharted game before.

Level/gameplay light spoilers:

The exploration and puzzle solving, plus the combat encounters in finding all the trinkets side quest was really fun. That was 100 percent better execution than Madagascar i feel. I've never found it worthwhile to explore in Uncharted, even in Madagascar, where I didn't see any incentive to stay too far away from the objective.

That entire chapter was really well done.

Top Bottom