• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

z9FL3vX.gif
Fantastic visual design here. Environment and Flamencos look alright too I guess.

Tyaren

Up to chapter 6 and loving the game thus far.
The chapter 5 puzzle kicked my ass for about 30 minutes.
Hopefully that's the hardest one in the game.

I hated that puzzle! D: Also got stuck there for a while. I feel that's the kind of puzzle where you don't really need brain but luck solving it.

JayB1920

I hated that puzzle! D: Also got stuck there for a while. I feel that's the kind of puzzle where you don't really need brain but luck solving it.

I’m on that puzzle now but had to leave for work. I can tell it will be a pain to do. I liked the puzzles in Chpt 4 though. Even some of the optional ones were interesting.

Is this one full of pointless filler and bad music like the last one?

If you trace my posts over the last couple of pages that will answer your questions in a bit more detail, or at least give you my opinions.

Though I'm only on chapter 5. But to sum it up, chapters 1-3 are fantastic....But chapter 4 is slow and painfully boring with bad open world design and the music is garbage, actually some of it is just taken from U4, you can probably guess which, the same few notes you already heard 100 times.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
In 4 hours 50 minutes, im currently 60% through chapter 4 which im loving and is my favorite chapter thus far. LOVE the OPEN WORLD vibe to it and unlike Uncharted 4, there's actually a point to it all. Love the setup and puzzles to it. Reminds me of Uncharted before U4.

Overall, barring some unforeseen problems, The Lost Legacy is easily getting a 9/10 from me and will be my second best game of 2017 (after Horizon: Zero Dawn) as well as being my second best game in the series behind only Uncharted 2.

A very good opening two chapters that doesn't loaf around and gets the story going. Visually, TLL is absolutely stunning and gorgeous especially in 1440p with HDR. Music, sound and voice acting is good thus far. Story and characters are way more favorable to me than they were in U4. Gameplay wise, it's basically a refined version of U4 which is perfect for me. Love the puzzles thus far.

Just an overall better game than U4 was for me because it gets back to what it should be - an Indiana Jones action packed treasure hunting adventure which keeps that front and center as opposed to U4 where it was third on the list of importance.

Playing U4, I wanted the franchise to end but playing through TLL, I want the franchise to continue with Chloe because quite honestly, I want more Uncharted games in The Lost Legacy spin off subtitle. Playing TLL has completely revitalized and refreshed this franchise for me after U4 made me happy it was going to be dead.

Will eat dinner and relax for a few hours and then get back to The Lost Legacy. :)

They need a color blind option. I'm struggling with the directional marker on the map in Chapter 4. Other than that I'm loving this game.

Is this one full of pointless filler and bad music like the last one?

Amazing to me that everything I loved about Uncharted 4 is what some loathed.

If you remove what you see as 'filler', you have a tedious third person shooter that I trudged through to get back to the narrative.

wapplew

Why they force me to download multiplayer portion of the game even I have UC4?
Can't pause, can't delete, 30g wasted?

I'm still of the mind that the music in UC4 was better than UC1-3. But then again, 1-3 had painfully unmemorable music outside of Nate's theme that I struggle to recall, where as UC4 music, such as the combat theme, was pretty fitting.

Why they force me to download multiplayer portion of the game even I have UC4?
Can't pause, can't delete, 30g wasted?

I was always wondering the same especially if this game doesn't have any improvements over the previous game and shares the same engine codes. It should have been part of the main game like Left behind. 10-15 GB are much more digestible than another 44 GB.

I'm still of the mind that the music in UC4 was better than UC1-3. But then again, 1-3 had painfully unememorable music outside of Nate's theme that I struggle to recall, where as UC4 music, such as the combat them, was pretty fitting.

Yeah I liked the bombastic Hollywood soundtrack in UC4.

D i Z

Why did they change this?

E3:
2017-08-2223_35_31-un8abuo.png

Final:
2017-08-2223_35_36-unlbzor.png

There are a couple of reasonable answers below your post.

In a climate with today's concerns, I'd say that they didn't want a confused message. As in, dumb ass people wouldn't understand and fuck up the money.

Just finished it after 15 hours at least(yeah I'm slow). Easily one of the best games this year.

Now I'm hungry for more Chloe.

Spoiler
I wish Sully was there instead of Sam. Fuck Sam.

I think they did
Sam a massivee disservice in this one - there's a fucking bomb going to blow up a city and twice he was like "let's just take the tusk and go"
It's the only sore point in the game for me. Watching that cutscene I was like
really? You want to make this guy look like a jerk? That hundreds of lives is less important that his spoilers of the treasure

Heh.

Earlier today I called this the greatest chapter in the series and said it should be a template for ND games moving forward

Its gonna be divisive isn't it? 😬

Yeah, I believe so, although there were elements of it I liked, I found it to be the most boring one so far. I'm not saying it's terrible by any means, but stacked up against the rest it just feels lacking to me. Maybe that's why I am seeing some crazy long completion times for this game, seems a lot of people spent a lot of time in Chapter 4, where it may have taken me about an hour to finish up.

Yeah, I believe so, although there were elements of it I liked, I found it to be the most boring one so far. I'm not saying it's terrible by any means, but stacked up against the rest it just feels lacking to me. Maybe that's why I am seeing some crazy long completion times for this game, seems a lot of people spent a lot of time in Chapter 4, where it may have taken me about an hour to finish up.

I had a great time in chapter 4 (and this from someone who though ehhhh when sony demoed it to me earlier in the year) ; great open world, vistas were amazing and they made this wonderful living world with all manners of nature, waterfalls, animals, things to do, find. spelunk around. The coins were an optional quest - you can obviously just go do the main questy things and shorten your stay in Ghant.

BigEmil

Music is disappointing except one which they performed in PSX last year

Hope they get new composers and good ones for TLOU 2. I want unique great standing out OST's not generic sounding like actual movie ones

Chapter 4 was fucking great. Felt like I was really exploring. Puzzles, action, driving, platforming. Count me as someone who loved it!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Chloe looks so goddamn amazing in a Salwar Kameez. Just started it. Woah, Naughty Dog nailed the Indian setting.

Hope they get new composers and good ones for TLOU 2. I want unique great standing out OST's not generic sounding like actual movie ones

I hope you're not implying they need to replace Gustavo Santaolalla. If you are, you're fucking nuts.

CHC

What difficulty are you guys playing in?

I'm really enjoying Hard. Crushing is locked but I don't like it anyway, it just limits you to pussyfooting around.

On Hard, I die just enough times to enjoy and appreciate the encounter design, but not enough to get frustrated.

I had a great time in chapter 4 (and this from someone who though ehhhh when sony demoed it to me earlier in the year) ; great open world, vistas were amazing and they made this wonderful living world with all manners of nature, waterfalls, animals, things to do, find. spelunk around. The coins were an optional quest - you can obviously just go do the main questy things and shorten your stay in Ghant.

I did a good amount of it, I don't know if I got to everything, it just felt boring to me for the most part, there are some highlights strewn about to be fair, but it made me feel like moving on.

I'm really enjoying Hard. Crushing is locked but I don't like it anyway, it just limits you to pussyfooting around.

On Hard, I die just enough times to enjoy and appreciate the encounter design, but not enough to get frustrated.

I played on hard and loved it. makes you really appreciate the tall grass and water. lol

also, having a silenced weapon in the game = much needed for the stealth game

Memento

UC4 had the best soundtrack in the entire series imo. I dont understand the people that bash it. I feel like the absence of the traditional Nate's Theme made people bitter about it, but if you stop to analyze it, it is the best one yet. Especially in regards to combat music. There is one specifically that is so freaking hype, I dont know the name though.

About TLOU2: they have Oscar-winner Gustavo Santaolalla composing its OST, just like the first one. It is going to be brilliant, I am 100% sure about that.

Uncharted TLL feels like the evolution of Uncharted 2 that 3 should have been, with the refined combat and maneuverability of 4.

If 4 is its own thing, with its greater focus on a personal story and endnote, then this is more akin to 2's balance of puzzles, exploration, combat, and faster pacing

ryseing

Yeah they seem like a step up especially from U4. The one with the statues in chpt4 was my favorite so far.

I'm at the point where I want the shooting to be over so I can get back to the puzzles and banter. By far the best parts of the game.

My Amazon UK code worked immediately in the web store. It's even playable already.

Make sure to enable 60Hz in the options otherwise there's constant motion judder.
Code:
START → OPTIONS → GRAPHIC OPTIONS → VIDEO MODE → 60HZ

I just tried the web store and my Amazon code works but I can't redeem the game. Nothing happens when I click the blue redeem button.

Top Bottom