• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Trailer. August 25. Save Transfers. 3DS Cross Play. Bundle.

bobawesome

Yep, looks like an HD 3DS game. I like MH well enough but I don't think I have it in me to start over from scratch in another one of these games.

13ruce

Banned
Splatoon in june and MH in august.... If you live in Japan i strongly recommend getting a Switch now before those 2 titles hit:p

Because it will be out of stock till 2018.

The megaton from this trailer is you can bring over your save from MHX and MHXX.

This means, that if they did port it, all the people that bought it already can continue on and get straight into G-Rank!

It saves the problem of needing the 3ds version of XX as well.

Bravo, you scored a purchace from me capcom.

Insaniac

Well originally i was going to skip MHXX since I already played MHGEN and i didn't feel it was substantial enough to warrant getting essentially the same game again, but Switch version sells it for me. I need my HD on the go playing and comfy couch online.

Can't wait to transfar my save data to 3DS for portable play whenever I want! /s

Oh wait, you can also transfer MHGen/X data to MHXX? thats super awesome. I hated having to regrind for everything, especially when I put hundreds of hours into a previous version

Pejo

That's all I wanted. Looks better than the Wii U port of 3U, and I finally get MonHun back on my tv again.

GImme the date for localized version already.

spelen

Yes, there is sufficient "precedent" for ports released several years after the original release to have additional features. This is not even nearly the situation XX Switch is in. You're free to have whatever expectations you want, but to think XX Switch would be anything other than a direct port with a higher resolution is unrealistic and a little deluded imo.

well i'm assuming Capcom greenlit a switch port (for argument sakes) at least 6 months prior the 3ds release. that gives them aporx.11 months to do more than just a quick port if they wanted too. its not Impossible look at gta V ps4/one port (13months??) and last of us (12 months) . I'm not trying to suggest that Capcom should pour the same $$$ into a port of non-mainline mon hun as sony and rockstar , however I certainly don't think it's unrealistic and far from deluded to think their would be something more than just the simple port. cause lets be honest monhun is literally their most important franchise.

I'm just glad that finally MH left 3DS to a proper system. My hands just can't deal with ergonomics of the 3DS any longer. What a 5 yrs of hell.

Day one in the west.

The graphics....

Massive step up from this literal feces.

Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate-Featured.png

3DS was just so, so bad on so many levels.

I don't see this having new content as 3U on Wii U had the same core content aside from Wii U-specifics.

I hope that if the game is 30fps, they make it locked since 3U on Wii U wasn't consistent at all.

Cerium

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time Nintendo is offering a special edition of the hardware in a bundle.

Not even Splatoon receives this honor.

Dreavus

Damn this looks cool.

I don't have a Switch yet, but I know I'll be picking one up at some point. Hopefully they can get this game over to the west relatively quickly.

Jesus Christ, I don't realize how bad it is when playing the game.

Yeah, in motion it holds together a little better. But... yeah.

Shengar

Yeah, in motion it holds together a little better. But... yeah.

It's one of the worst part of the game texture-wise, but it still terrible considering Ash Kecha looks as bad as the terrains.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time Nintendo is offering a special edition of the hardware in a bundle.

Not even Splatoon receives this honor.

Special Edition of Splatoon will turned getting it into a bloodbath in Japan.

As someone who's been in a 3U addiction the last week or so, here's a vid I found of the Lagiacrus fight in Moga Woods in Generations (Japanese) and it's VERY fascinating to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKvqmNGSRTI

They're actually using the Portable 3rd version of Moga Woods which left out the underwater sections (11 and 12 are gone) and 10 is now a larger ankle-deep puddle. Lagiacrus wasn't in Portable 3rd so this is a first time combination of the two.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
5,800 Yen, does that confirm that its going to be $60 USD? :(
Why would it be cheaper? The 3DS is full price as well and just came out. It's not like they are porting over MH4 and charging full price.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As someone who's been in a 3U addiction the last week or so, here's a vid of the Lagiacrus fight in Moga Woods in Generations (Japanese):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKvqmNGSRTI

They're actually using the Portable 3rd version of Moga Woods which left out the underwater sections (11 and 12 are gone) and 10 is now a larger ankle-deep puddle. Lagiacrus wasn't in Portable 3rd so this is a first time combination of the two.

Lagi is so lame in Generations. They tried to spruce its attacks up to make it a threat on land but it just isn't.

Jesus Christ, I don't realize how bad it is when playing the game.

Most didn't want to admit how bad the game looked because it was all they had. So glad the Switch is bringing us out of the ghetto, both from a controls and graphics standpoint.

3DS was good for Theatrhythm and that's about it. (Theatrhythm would be cool on Switch too, SE!)

TheOasis

Only thing that convices me would a new retooled mh designed to be played on a home console(including switch) that at least takes some cues from dragons dogma where the combat precision doesnt feel like such a crapshoot

Once you gain mastery over the controls you start to see the genius behind why they're the way they are. Few combat-heavy games that are primarily designed around a console controller offer the level of manual precision that the controls of MH games do.

Most console games always have a lock-on feature or aim assist etc to compensate for the inaccuracy that analogue sticks can have. However, Monster Hunter does not because the devs at Capcom ended up making a game that didn't need them and refined these manual controls over the course of more than 10 years and 13 mainline games.

Top Bottom