• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Examiner Rumor: Xbox One GPU upclock yay - 12 GB Ram probably nay (source is NOT B3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki

I don't think I was refuting that? I wasn't aware of the self publish rule on NeoGaf - the last time I did it I was made aware and stopped.

Not sure much detective work is put into correlating pretty public user names.

Yes, I am the author - No I was not aware of the self publish rule - once I was, I stopped doing such things.

Would you be willing to confirm your source on this rumor with a mod?

Amount of people who do not understand percentages is worrying.

Welcome to the majority of the World and it's gamers. Another reason why games alone will be what makes people decide what console to buy. Not percentages that we don't know. Sorry that from my view, somebody saying the PS4 gpu is 50% more powerful, and then someone saying that the X1 is 33% less powerful without any kind of context behind it (at times people read it). You know?

Gafers and other more hardcore people I guess will know this... I still think Joe Sixpack who is the majority of sales won't understand the differences in the percentages.

Pitmonkey

No detective work required, just thought it was really scummy to reply to criticism with a dismissive gif without disclosing the fact that you were the articles' writer.

My apologies, won't happen again - let me explain.

As for the Assassin's Creed picture, it is 100% real and was not (to my knowledge) debunked as fake. There is a reason it was picked up by every major publication during the weekend prior to the AC4 reveal - they were all under NDA, I wasn't.

As for the information regarding it - Reddit was used as an initial support to my findings, not a source to them.

As for The Crew - information from my source was limited on that one, so information was a little shaky. But I think the core geist of it was right - Ubisoft published racer called "The Crew."

I try being clear in all my articles that this information can only be taken so far as this rumor stuff can turn into one giant game of telephone pretty easily.

As for one more - This was from the weekend prior to E3 2012 and was picked up by Tim Stevens from Engadget (he asked I provided my source, I did) - to prove I have good sources

http://www.examiner.com/article/microsoft-set-to-reveal-xbox-smart-glass-tablet-at-this-years-e3

I Understand the perception the examiner has (especially when some writers are publicly telling developers they make too much), but I promise, we're not all going for click-throughs.

I enjoy doing this, Neo-Gaf is about sharing. Sorry if I broke any rules via self publishing, but no harm or negative intent was intended. Hope I cleared the air a bit.

Biker19

Banned
I thought they said Specs didn't matter?

Oh wait, I forgot it's MS...

Yeah, I wouldn't be fooled by anything that they say. If the Xbox One was the most powerful over PS4 just like the original Xbox was more powerful over PS2, they would no doubt be bragging about their console being the most powerful over their competitor(s).

statham

My apologies, won't happen again - let me explain.

As for the Assassin's Creed picture, it is 100% real and was not (to my knowledge) debunked as fake. There is a reason it was picked up by every major publication during the weekend prior to the AC4 reveal - they were all under NDA, I wasn't.

As for the information regarding it - Reddit was used as an initial support to my findings, not a source to them.

As for The Crew - information from my source was limited on that one, so information was a little shaky. But I think the core geist of it was right - Ubisoft published racer called "The Crew."

I try being clear in all my articles that this information can only be taken so far as this rumor stuff can turn into one giant game of telephone pretty easily.

As for one more - This was from the weekend prior to E3 2012 and was picked up by Tim Stevens from Engadget (he asked I provided my source, I did) - to prove I have good sources

http://www.examiner.com/article/microsoft-set-to-reveal-xbox-smart-glass-tablet-at-this-years-e3

I Understand the perception the examiner has (especially when some writers are publicly telling developers they make too much), but I promise, we're not all going for click-throughs.

I enjoy doing this, Neo-Gaf is about sharing. Sorry if I broke any rules via self publishing, but no harm or negative intent was intended. Hope I cleared the air a bit.

how solid do you feel your source is?

Pitmonkey

how solid do you feel your source is?

I let the results of my findings do the talking, and I have no reason to doubt what he has told me.

On this particular topic - I think there may be some confusion as to when this supposed (as in rumored) clock increase was implemented - before or after the reveal. I'm going to dig into it more.

you'd think as a company this huge you'd embark on your own vision not make policy changes hardware changes to respond to your competition so directly. if your vision was good you'd succeed

peg-i-m-blind-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom