• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

zroid

Banned
none of the codes are working suddenly? Oh man I haven't used any of mine yet...

I probably wasn't going to use most of them, but I've just been hanging on for now. Errrrrg did they expire earlier than we thought?

wingz

Don't worry about the codes not working. Apparently they are going to re-release them or something along those lines. Mister J will provide more insight.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Well, I tried and tried to beat Cursor10 and found it almost impossible to get 188 points.. I spent all my cursors (not getting any pyramid) just to get to the final floor and you get 100 points purely on achieving it.

I submitted a 100pt photo (not 188).. I'm wondering if it wasn't a ruse to weed out people faking their screenshots?

EGM92

Well, I tried and tried to beat Cursor10 and found it almost impossible to get 188 points.. I spent all my cursors (not getting any pyramid) just to get to the final floor and you get 100 points purely on achieving it.

I submitted a 100pt photo (not 188).. I'm wondering if it wasn't a ruse to weed out people faking their screenshots?

It's not impossible, you're just doing it wrong.

krae_man

Does anyone else use CinemaNow?

It's suddenly broken as shit on my PS3. A ton of stuff I purchased is "Currently Unavailable" all of a sudden on my PS3. And stuff I rented has vanished from the store.

I've sent emails to support but all I get is stupid "deactivate and reactivate your account, delete and reinstall the app" generic answers that don't do a thing since it's clearly a server side issue.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
There's a strange thing on my Tsilon Home page.

Under news and events there's this:

RXBvY2guMDAwMTA

The top line decodes to a time stamp of
2013-01-24T00:30:08+00:00

Bottom line Decodes to:

Epoch.00010

So on Jan 24th (tomorrow) around 12:30am, something is going to happen.

Epoch refers to a 'reference time'...

Blarg.. No idea.

Mister J posted this

Point blank time.

1. All of January's perk codes have been disabled and cancelled. Everyone who successfully received a perk code prior will be sent a SINGLE, NEW replacement code in approximately one week's time.
a. The doubling issue many experienced affected SO MANY people and has caused so many to not have perk codes that it is an unacceptable outcome to the Misters, regardless of cause (a server systems error)
b. Reselling of January's perk codes has been prolific and frustrating. Cancellation of all current codes and doubles helps this mildly.
c. Code stacking occurred, despite requests in prior perks to NOT stack codes unless otherwise stated. Making certain all members only have one codes solves this.

In recent weeks, duplicate accounts have been deleted and continue to be assessed and sifted (including private messages on the topic). This crackdown continues moving forward, and will now spread to all members who attempt to game the list, inside or outside of this domain. Tolerance, as more changes come through, continues to lower for these cases.

REGARDING UPDATES: Update systems are undergoing a major change which has caused more than its share of stagnations. This is being amended moving forward while these changes are implemented and allow for a proper schedule to be created. The challenge games for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Friday are Perspective, Happy Action Theatre Kinect, Anarchy Reigns, and Rochard for everyone wondering before they begin.

Currently updating the Vault.

Well that's a little confusing.

They're talking as if cancelling the codes will remove the promotional discount from existing preorders, but from my experience promo codes are locked in once you've placed an order. Regardless, I'm personally glad I'll be getting a replacement TR code since I burnt mine on the TR CE which I later decided I didn't want.

Orca

Well that's a little confusing.

They're talking as if cancelling the codes will remove the promotional discount from existing preorders, but from my experience promo codes are locked in once you've placed an order. Regardless, I'm personally glad I'll be getting a replacement TR code since I burnt mine on the TR CE which I later decided I didn't want.

I'd be pretty fucking pissed off if they canceled out the codes I'd already applied and didn't warn me via email that the price would be going up on those items.

Hung Wei Lo

so while fooling around on the FutureShop website, I forgot I had Metal Gear Rising pre-ordered (thanks GAF, BTW, for introducing me to Tsilon!) I've never really dealt with FS's online ordering and just notice I have the Limited Edition ordered at 39.99...are they going to honour this, or is it a known mistake?

qfsLACL.jpg

so while fooling around on the FutureShop website, I forgot I had Metal Gear Rising pre-ordered (thanks GAF, BTW, for introducing me to Tsilon!) I've never really dealt with FS's online ordering and just notice I have the Limited Edition ordered at 39.99...are they going to honour this, or is it a known mistake?

qfsLACL.jpg

It's known by us here, but keep it on the DL were all hoping we get the LE

zroid

Banned
Got damn I just played the MGR demo and I am hype as hell now.

Really hope I get that replacement code soon ,_,

why didn't I use it when I had the chance? :(

vulva

I'm so jealous of you dudes who might be getting MGR LE for that price. I didn't have a CC back then, so I couldn't order from Future Shop. If anyone feels like changing their shipping address, I'll paypal you the money :p

SickBoy

As jrpg says, I guess the big question is whether orders that have already been placed will be changed to reflect cancellation of the codes. I guess I don't really care, but hopefully Future Shop would be the one to offer some clarity there.

evilenger

My impression is that all the current codes are all dead and anyone who has already made a preorder using a code, expect it to be cancelled in the near future.

Then they'll send out a new batch of codes to us in, I assume a more controlled manner to attempt to prevent or mitigate all the issues that they ran into. We'll see how it actually pans out.

Raimond

My impression is that all the current codes are all dead and anyone who has already made a preorder using a code, expect it to be cancelled in the near future.

Then they'll send out a new batch of codes to us in, I assume a more controlled manner to attempt to prevent or mitigate all the issues that they ran into. We'll see how it actually pans out.

Well I mean it is unfortunate they have to do this. But I believe this is necessary. I don't want all these hoarders/scalpers ruining tsilon. I really enjoy it, which is why I keep doing the challenges and try to stay near the top of the member list. Though I have been slacking in challenges for the past couple of weeks.

Well I mean it is unfortunate they have to do this. But I believe this is necessary. I don't want all these hoarders/scalpers ruining tsilon. I really enjoy it, which is why I keep doing the challenges and try to stay near the top of the member list. Though I have been slacking in challenges for the past couple of weeks.

QFT

They should also raise the level of 20 dollar off perks to 20 or so

evilenger

Totally agree with you man. I try do what I can as well with the challenges and to participate with the community. It's a shame but it's something that they'll have to always keep in mind to combat against when they offer perks.

It's a catch 22 for them. They want to build the site as much as possible by offering the perks at a fairly low level so more people can access it. Yet it opens the doors to abuse as well.

aechris

It's a catch 22 for them. They want to build the site as much as possible by offering the perks at a fairly low level so more people can access it. Yet it opens the doors to abuse as well.

So leave things like Skyrim avatar beanies and CinemaNow credits at 10, with the carrot on the stick right in from of people with $20 off at 20.

RFD really does ruin anything good that happens.

Orca

So once again a big announcement about how things have been crazy but they are going to get on schedule is followed by.....fucking nothing.

The Daily hasn't been done in days, challenges haven't updated in days...

zroid

Banned
So once again a big announcement about how things have been crazy but they are going to get on schedule is followed by.....fucking nothing.

The Daily hasn't been done in days, challenges haven't updated in days...

Just a guess, but they're probably busy trying to sort shit out.

We'll likely get a big XP Daily to compensate once the dust settles.

frequency

300xp Daily

Thank you. I have no idea what the Daily is actually saying. And I have no idea why the answer is what it is. I would never have found this.

It looks like the challenges have been updated too. I guess I should download Wake Up Club now and see how hard this challenge is to do.

chicoquente

Neo Member
Thank you. I have no idea what the Daily is actually saying. And I have no idea why the answer is what it is. I would never have found this.

It looks like the challenges have been updated too. I guess I should download Wake Up Club now and see how hard this challenge is to do.

It's just a math question. Subtract all the numbers.

frequency

It's just a math question. Subtract all the numbers.

Ahaha. Thank you.

I thought it was gaming related. And I'm not very good at math. I didn't even think about looking at it that way.

also, it's easy. most of the time everyone wakes up (in my experience)

Oh you were right. I don't even know how I got it. I downloaded Wake-up Club and was setting up the alarm. I set it for a few minutes later to test it and then I got a few trophies, including the one that everyone woke up together.

Mr. F

Banned
So when exactly will they send the new codes?

Has anyone who made preorders gotten then canceled?

Wondering about this too. I gave my Tomb Raider code to a friend of mine, hoping it didn't cancel on her without at least an email warning or something.

The worst is when you've been procrastinating on a challenge and you figure you have an extra couple of hours because the site isn't updating, but then it gets updated on schedule.

Then when you have a free day you spend it refreshing the page waiting for a new challenge, but it doesn't get updated until a couple days later.

zroid

Banned
niiice. balloon fight/trip challenge

EDIT: EAT SHIT, BALLOON TRIP

lol, crap. I just realized I submitted for Theatrhythm yesterday without putting my username in the frame T_T
maybe they'll accept it anyway...

When Tsilon says no stacking, does it include not using a tsilon's code with let's say the 10$ off any pre-order made in February if you pre-order a game now?

Edit: And if I do not or can't do it, the 10$ off comes out after the promo ends on Feb. 1st. That means I receive my code and I can cancel the pre-order that I made to receive the coupons? Seems to be to easy...

Mupod

My GTA5 order is still in at least.

Same with my MGR preorder. The game's not out for a while so whatever, but if I lose out on the $20 discount I'm just preordering at EB for the grey fox skin. Which would also suck because FS tends to send me games early and I'd prefer to use them.

Top Bottom