• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

zroid

Banned
Daily

--

lol, a Tetris challenge? It's for mobile monday, but I wonder if all versions are acceptable...

OH YEAH, Fire Bro challenge for NSMBU!

krae_man

Sweet, I think I'm going to do a few of these. I should probably get to level 50 before the next round of perks come out.

150 lines is probably brutal.

zroid

Banned
I was hoping PSN Tetris kept stats for most lines cleared in a round, but it appears not to :(

Oh well, gotta do this the hard way.

aechris

Fire, Bro! Is brrrrroken. It stops at 00:50! How can I go a minute+?

I was also cruising along in SMB Crossover... until 8-2. Now I am roadblocked because this shit is DIFFICULT. Is it just me?

Mupod

Decided that while I really want cyborg ninja Raiden, 20 bucks off Rising is probably the better deal. Sucks that I won't get the steelbook this time, but they sent me Halo 4 a week early last time so I'm hoping for lightning to strike twice. Get it? Lightning? Sorry.

I never did find that additional $10 off MG:R code I was promised for buying Halo 4 though. I swear I didn't hallucinate that advertisement.

Stage On

Fire, Bro! Is brrrrroken. It stops at 00:50! How can I go a minute+?

I was also cruising along in SMB Crossover... until 8-2. Now I am roadblocked because this shit is DIFFICULT. Is it just me?

Meh I just used the cheat codes to cruise though the game

Sora_N

Random question before I use my MGR code, anyone know if EB has a free artbook as well? I swear in store on Sunday I saw the sign that said "Ninja Skin + Artbook", but on the site it just says skin.

aechris

Broke out Tetris DS for Monday's challenge and got 185 lines on my first shot.

I would like to say I am good at Tetris, but I should more honestly say that this game is broken. You can spin the tetronimos indefinitely in this version, which makes the challenge that much easier.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I checked the stats on Tetris iOS and it shows I've done a 211 line game so I'll just submit a pic of that. If it gets declined then I'll do it on Tetris DS.

zroid

Banned
Heh, while you're playing Tetris PSN, it doesn't show how many total lines you've cleared, but it tells you the breakdown of Tetrises, Triples, Doubles, and Singles.

So I just paused it and calculated my total lines. I'm at 148. :p

zroid

Banned
Daily

Killer is Dead

by the way, someone on the forums said they got their Fire Bro submission accepted with 50 seconds.

Mr. F

Banned
Still waiting on GTA IV and Bioshock codes - been pending for days. Tomb Raider on the other hand was sent within a few hours, weird.

krae_man

Yeah I got the NSMBU challange accepted at 50 seconds. Also got the Tetris one on the PS3 version.

The Mario Crossover one is pissing me off. The game is based around killing enemies by jumping on them and you can't jump on them with anybody but Mario and Luigi. That and the fact that the game is not a perfect recreation of Super Mario Bros is constantly causing me to die.

I got to 8-4 and I'm trying to kill a flying koopa, I'm standing on a pipe and I cant hit it standing so I have to duck and what does ducking do? make me go downt he pipe and back to the start of the level. Then when I get back there I wait on the pipe for the koopa to hit it and start going the other way so I can attack it and what happens? He somehow makes it on top of the pipe and kills me.

It's so god damn hard to unlearn the original game.

krae_man

I'll help you out. What time?

Anytime after 7:30pm would probably be fine.

Edit: LOL apprently the trophy says "Complete a co-op game" and not "beat the game in co-op" so all you have to do is do a local co-op game and set your lives and health to the lowest settings possible and intentionally die right away and you'll get the trophy.

krae_man

Never mind, got the trophy myself.

Anyway, here's an update:

Straight to the words.

Prize vault update: On January 23rd, all current prizes will go out, in order of event completion and standing. A list will be made and added to the Vault topic on January 22nd, with each eligible member being private messaged when it's their turn to choose a prize. This will keep things clear and easy to follow. All redemptions will be added to the Vault list for ease of tracking. New items will be added to the Vault at this time. On the 23rd, smaller prizes and xp codes will go out to members who made it to the final week of Halo 4's League beta, and a few retroactive codes for other League participants.

Leagues update: The first Season 1 league is scheduled for January 29th, and is a running of the Daytona 500 in Gran Turismo. This is an endurance event with up to 15 spots available. Complete the race, earn a prize. Come first, win a Vault choice. Simple enough, though prizing will be edited as the event gets closer. January 31st is a warmup week for Super Street Fighter 4. This will be an attempt at two platforms simultaneously, the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, and an intriguing feat for the Misters if all is successful. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will begin the following week, as will Forza Horizon and Super Street Fighter 4 on the 10th, 5th and 7th respectively.

HALO 4 SQUAD LEAGUE UPDATE. In February, the H4 Squad league will span 3-4 weeks (dependent on turnout, likely 3 weeks, however). A start date has yet to be determined. FAR more specific details will arrive next week.

PERKS UPDATE: All but one perk (Tomb Raider) has been depleted. Everyone who is still pending will likely not get one this time around (partially due to an error in the Mister's distribution system doubling codes for some members), however that will be left as such until month's end incase more are obtained somehow, as unlikely as it may be.

Full regularity and detailed information returns (begins?) on January 23rd. Until then, enjoy the free games challenge week. This Mister will return soon.

I fired off 4 challenges today. Golden Axe, Frog Fractions, Atomic Creep Spawner, and Mario Crossover.

Crossover and Golden Axe can be done in under 30 minutes and the other two and be done in like 15.

zroid

Banned
Ice Beak is pretty fun

Protip: after you start, press 'P' and then click the button which changes the resolution a few times.

Also: The boss is hard :(

--

DAILY

Dual Shock

chicoquente

Neo Member
Ice Beak is pretty fun

Protip: after you start, press 'P' and then click the button which changes the resolution a few times.

Yeah I found the boss far more frustrating than it probably should have been! It was a pretty fun game though. I enjoyed it.

Ice Beak is pretty fun

--

DAILY

Dual Shock

I finished the game but I don't understand what I should take a picture of. all I can do now is replay the levels.

There's an ending to the game, the "Thank you for playing" screen should be enough.

lol, that scrolled by when I went to get my camera. now all I see is the stage select screen

I just went and did it again and had the camera ready. is this an oversight from tsilon.ca? this isn't the first time one of these webgames didn't have a completion screen.

lol, that scrolled by when I went to get my camera. now all I see is the stage select screen

I just went and did it again and had the camera ready. is this an oversight from tsilon.ca? this isn't the first time one of these webgames didn't have a completion screen.

Creep Spawner doesn't really have much of one either, goes by very quick so have camera ready

krae_man

Why do you need to get a camera? Just print screen that sombitch. I always have tsilon open in a seperate tab so they see "*glist logo* Welcome krae_man to the..." in the screencap.

Top Bottom