• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

VanWinkle

I'm glad there not going the Marvel route of everything needing twenty covers but to be honest despite the good creative teams for some of them a lot of the Dark Matter titles are for the more obscure characters and teams, its not exactly Batman or Wonder Woman there not doing variant covers for here.

Still 2.99 for every issue of an event, learn something from that Marvel, there not even doing there Generations issue that is meant to be a jumping in point at any cheaper.

Dark Matter is only brand new characters, right? It's been awhile since I read about it so I can't remember for sure.

Also, I don't think the event issues are $2.99. I'm pretty sure they're literally only talking about Dark Matter there.

Should I get Ennis' entire Hitman run during the BOGO? $60 for the whole run doesn't seem awful but I'm still new to the whole digital thing.

Dark Matter is only brand new characters, right? It's been awhile since I read about it so I can't remember for sure.

Also, I don't think the event issues are $2.99. I'm pretty sure they're literally only talking about Dark Matter there.

I think theres some new characters in Dark Matter but some of it seems like old characters redone such as challengers of the unkown and mr terrific and plastic man etc. I thought I read an article that said there dropping the price of Metal 1 back down to 2.99 after it was going to be a higher price, so might be same price for the full series.

VanWinkle

I think theres some new characters in Dark Matter but some of it seems like old characters redone such as challengers of the unkown and mr terrific and plastic man etc. I thought I read an article that said there dropping the price of Metal 1 back down to 2.99 after it was going to be a higher price, so might be same price for the full series.

Wait, Mr. Terrific and Plastic Man?? I thought we were just getting The Immortal Men, New Challengers, Sideways, Damage, and Silencer?

kmfdmpig

Should I get Ennis' entire Hitman run during the BOGO? $60 for the whole run doesn't seem awful but I'm still new to the whole digital thing.

I guess it depends what Ennis stuff you like? Ennis ranges from silly to serious and usually falls on one extreme. Hitman actually finds a happy balance between the two, which makes it a great read. If you like his other work you'll almost certainly like this.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. There must be a secret unannounced book with Terrific, Metamorpho, Plastic Man, and Phantom Girl (?).

Either that or maybe there just going to be a big part of the Metal series and the set up for the Dark Matter spin off series. Would make sense for a series to come out of it with them included though whether the outsiders or something else.

kmfdmpig

I'm still surprised digital pricing of books is so high, $5 for a digital issue? They're not even real.

They should be somewhat cheaper as there are less expenses involved, but when buying a comic are you buying ink/paper or buying the content created by the writer/artist? If it's the latter, then digital is just as real as print.

They should be somewhat cheaper as there are less expenses involved, but when buying a comic are you buying ink/paper or buying the content created by the writer/artist? If it's the latter, then digital is just as real as print.

In my opinion, you are buying both.

I like that I can loan my floppies out. Or re-gift them.

Shade and Cave Carson are going on hiatus til January for a four issue crossover in which the Young Animal characters crossover with the larger DC Universe that leads to a new status quo. There will be more announcements about this event at today's Young Animal panel.

Is it too playful?
No it's not that. Like I said, it feels like characters are saying things at each other, but it doesn't feel like there's an exchange. I genuinely don't know if that makes sense at all, but that's my issue. And it's not a big one. Not nearly as bad as the first RHatO, but it's still present.

One thing I won't get over is the art, though. How does Lobdell get such good artists on these books?
I don't read comics but I'm going on a plane tomorrow and I looked on comixology and DC are doing buy one get one free. I heard Superman Rebirth was good and I like Nightwing so I think I'm going to go with the first volumes, unless ya'll have any better suggestions?
Literally the best decisions you could make.

I really wouldn't be worried about Young Animal direct market sales. From what I've seen, YA is going to be more heavily marketed toward libraries. There's something like 3,000 direct market comic shops and like 120,000 libraries so their strategy is pretty sound imo

tim1138

I really wouldn't be worried about Young Animal direct market sales. From what I've seen, YA is going to be more heavily marketed toward libraries. There's something like 3,000 direct market comic shops and like 120,000 libraries so their strategy is pretty sound imo

😍😍😍

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Was watching a Gerard Way interview where he brought up something called Biologic Show #0.

This thing is fucking weird.

NSFW-ish?
http://imgur.com/ocXDlby

bsP2EF3.jpg

Top Bottom