• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Time Travel Movie?

HotHamBoy

primer_newart_2064x4096__poster.jpg

For me, Primer is the best. It's on Netflix.

This movie blew my mind.

Primer and Timecrimes may have the best time travel, but I wouldn't consider them the best movies with time travel in it. I'll put films with more lay back takes on time travel to favor the story like Terminator over it.

Capitan

came here to say primer. i keep meaning to rewatch it to wrap my head around it a little better, a lot of shit happens offscreen.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The best movie that's actually about time travel? Primer.

The best movie that just involves time travel? Back to the Future.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Butterfly Effect was pretty good especially with the alternate ending where
the main character travels back in time to when he was in the womb and strangles himself with his umbilical cord.
This ending is doubly dark because they mention that he had an unborn "older" brother who died in the very same manner meaning that he most likely went through a similar situation and decided on the same fate.

Nameless

Primer

12 Monkeys, Time Crimes, and Safety Not Guaranteed are great too. Can't forget classics like the first two Terminator and BTTF films.

eagrab59.jpg

Bill and Ted might not be the best movie with time travel in it, but it has the best use of time travel in any movie I've seen.

The scene with them needing the keys, and decided to just use the time machine at a later point and get the keys and leave them right beside where they are now is brilliant. Having access to a time machine would pretty much solve most issues in a similar way, but unfortunately most movies ignore that (even Bill and Ted does, what with it's odd plot timer).

As far as the best movie, I vote Back to the Future.

Top Bottom