• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you time travel?

RagnarokIV

Alright boys?

Some times in our lives are better than others. Do you have a method of time travel set up? - Don't come in here mouthing off "ohh yeah fucken James Cameron does you dopey kunt". Fuck off.

Do you have an old computer setup with certain games? Perhaps running old IE or Firefox?

An old TV with certain movies?

How do you escape the modern world? And time travel to a specific time?

What games and setups take you back to simpler, better times?

It's something I've been doing the past few years of my life and I want to hear from you mugs.

Do you relive high school? A childhood Christmas?

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I play ps1 games on the emulator from time to time. Otherwise I still have a few old dvds and even a few tapes but no player anymore. When I watch the Predator or Terminator 1-2. It feels like I'm revisiting my childhood same with Akira.

Last edited:

intbal

Yes

hiwv6pF.jpg

Pejo

I reminisce a lot because my life was measurably better in the past, but I have no specific rituals or anything. Sometimes I'll fire up an old game or watch a 90s/early2000s movie and it'll make me smile - until the crushing pain of the current day world presents itself again.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Going to my parents' house, which is the house I grew up in, to visit is like time travelling. Except that as soon as I moved out, my room was converted immediately into my mom's hobby room.

Many moms play the long game having kids just so they can convince their husbands to buy houses with an extra "bedroom" they can eventually turn into their hobby room.

I have a box of my entire gaming histroy since atari.. unfortch i started selling it off.

I guess me playing legos with my kids brings me back because my mother/their gma gave them all my old stuff so its very nostalgic

Last edited:

JohnnyPhats

I have my high school letterman jacket in my closet.

I have all my old consoles starting with an Atari.
Same. Only current gen on display and not in the box and closets. I’m pretty domesticated lol. Still have a boxed Neo Geo AES as one of my most prized possessions. And 24 carts.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I guess I'm going through a bit of an early 2000s bent - a lot of it is music. Classic Linkin Park, Blink, Nirvana etc. Remember that one summer all the hiphop and rock kids came together and there was almost world peace?

Also going through some 90s anime I never saw - some of this is amazing. Memories (1995), highly reccomended.

Last edited:

NikuNashi

I throw on 40 year old virgin which takes me back to 2009 and a happy time. I throw on some live sets from Techno clubs I used to go to in mid 1990's, that takes me to my teens. I introduce my son to my childhoodd cartoons, TMNT, He-man, that lets me re-live the memories of childhood.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I guess I'm going through a bit of an early 2000s bent - a lot of it is music. Classic Linkin Park, Blink, Nirvana etc. Remember that one summer all the hiphop and rock kids came together and there was almost world peace?
Me. I've been pretending it's the 2000s. I also don't use smart devices much, my phone usually stays at home untouched, and I don't have a SIM card in it (Google Voice, wifi). I also treat politically correct people like weirdos, and they tend to get the hint and drop the bullshit. Also I've been listening to Simple Plan again. I liked them when I was a preteen.

The Stig

I fire up dosbox, Ive got a lot of games pre-configured on D-Fend.

Ive got all my old consoles stored away and currently I have my Dreamcast (VGA) and PS3 (HDMI) hooked up to my main setup so if I feel like a bit of nostalgia I just switch inputs on my screen.

Just the other day I played the simpsons arcade on my PS3.

I'll occasionally wank-off directly into my granny's handbag in a moment of madness.

Soooooooo nothing really too 'zany' or 'off the wall', so to speak. 🤔

Ahhh... The good ole' days!

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Yeah. Sometimes I play a lot of SNES and Genesis games on emulators. And I really enjoy 80's music.

Raven117

Right before I sold my childhood home after my dad died (my mother died years ago). I sat at the dining room table where I had countless dinners with my family (my sister is still alive and well, we are very close)….

It was at night, the soft glow of a 90s dimmer switch, the only sound the soft hum of the refrigerator.

I opened up some elementary school, middle school and high school year books and read who signed it. What they wrote. Wondered what many were doing now.

I remembered my family. The laughs. The fights. How loving it all was.

Time traveled to a place outside of the flow to a stationary place looking back at life.

I was completely with ghosts.

Yes, I do indeed time travel. It can be easily done by taking a dump at 11:59 PM and then when it strikes 12 midnight it's a different day but still same shit. Try it, it's quite an amazing discovery.

H4ze

I have a Sony Trinitron hooked up in one corner of my living room, with every console made from snes to the xbox 360. Sometimes I just sit in front of it, playing through whatever game I feel like for 20-30 minutes and enjoy the visuals of a CRT and my childhood games. Pure bliss.

L*][*N*K

Banned
I have one of those Chinese portable emulators that I play games on that I haven’t owned in decades, so not only I am a Time Traveler, I am a time bandit.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Doesn't everyone to some extent? I've got a big anime collection still. Most of it was bought more than a decade ago. I don't rewatch it much but it looks cool on the shelf. I rewatch old favorite movies all the time. Listen to music I loved as a young 20-something or teen. I'm not a big retro gamer though. My memories of those games are better than what many of them are today.

My father has passed and I still think about him a lot. So I guess you could call that time traveling as well. Thinking about good times with him when he was healthy before cancer robbed me of him is something never far from my mind.

Raven117

My father has passed and I still think about him a lot. So I guess you could call that time traveling as well. Thinking about good times with him when he was healthy before cancer robbed me of him is something never far from my mind.
Once something like this happens, the past will always be not far behind.

Top Bottom