• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Klyka

Banned
To anyone who also beat the campaign, I am unclear about two things:

1. Why did Price fire the Nuke? I at first thought Price actually went insane in the Gulag and was now hell bent on taking out Russia or something and then it turns out he made an EMP and Shepherd gets the blank check because of that. So was Price used or was it just coincidence?

2. I couldn't make out what was said in the West Wing. Why did they suddenly go from "Take over the west wing" to "OMG WE NEED TO GET TO THE ROOF THEY WILL BOMB US!"?

LevityNYC

Banned
venom2124 said:
Agree with you. I'm in NJ and just called Gamestop. The girl said that they're honoring the street date and still having a midnight release.

I'm calling BS to this story too. I am in Monmouth County, NJ. I have 3 Gamestops within 3 miles of me and I went to all 3 of them pretending not to know anything about breaking MW2 street date. I simply asked if I needed to preorder to go to midnight launch and obviously I was told no. You'd think if I could buy it now, they would have said "Hey, guess what, you can buy it now."

ZZMitch

Internet Celebrity said:
There's gameplays popping up all over youtube right now. I was pretty skeptical at first, but raw PS3 MP footage in HD is starting to win me over.

This guy's pretty good: http://bit.ly/1fXp6W

Where have you found good PS3 MP footage? I am looking around and can't find anything good.

ascully

So looking forward to this game on Tuesday. My 360 went RROD yesterday so I decided to spring for the MW2 Limited Edition 360 to go with the game :)

Nachkebia

Banned
Playing ps3 version as I type, mp is smooth, hard time finding games, single campaign is fine, not loving it as much as I thought, alot of different locations, add me if you also got early copy psn: Nachkebia

mujahidmd

Neo Member
I have heard that people playing the retail copy early have gotten the ban hammer? Is there any truth to this? because i dont want to get banned for playing my official copy early

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
I have just beaten the campaign and it was incredibly awesome and short.
Man, i don't know what is going on in these multiplayer matches :lol Too many things happening at the same time.

I called three Gamestops in the Richmond, VA. (VCU area) and none of them were selling it early. Damnit today and tomorrow are going to be LOOOOOONG days.

Klyka

Banned
mujahidmd said:
I have heard that people playing the retail copy early have gotten the ban hammer? Is there any truth to this? because i dont want to get banned for playing my official copy early

That's not true, no one with a legit copy has or will be banned.

TwIsTeD

I can confirm that most GameStops in the Northeast are selling early due to Mom & Pop Shops....the rest of the country is stuck till Monday at midnight

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TwIsTeD said:
I can confirm that most GameStops in the Northeast are selling early due to Mom & Pop Shops....the rest of the country is stuck till Monday at midnight
I'm going to check mine out now. I'll see how it turns out.

J-Rzez

NameGenerated said:

They should just let that style stay with SOCOM. Still have yet to really see other's able to do as good of a job with it.

Looks like the wait for a used copy won't be so tough. Friend's 360 RRoD'd while playing BC1 with him, told me I can use his copy until he gets the machine back.

J-Rzez

TwIsTeD said:

Where would these be? You can PM me if you don't want to list here. I just checked with the 5 closest to me and none of them are selling early.

Eric WK

Playing through the campaign again now to get the intel and context sensitive achievements. In the first mission one of the soldiers is voiced by Will Arnett. Totally freaked me out.

Blader

Eric WK said:
Playing through the campaign again now to get the intel and context sensitive achievements. In the first mission one of the soldiers is voiced by Will Arnett. Totally freaked me out.

I think I remember him saying on Conan that he was a big fan of MW1.

HBroward

Ok, after playing the game for two days, I have only one small issue with this game. Why no leaderboards for Spec Ops? Almost all the missions track the time to complete them, yet there is no way to compare that time with others. Such a minor little thing, but it would have been awesome.

On another front, easiest Veteran difficulty ever. It almost plays itself at parts. AI squadmates were constantly rushing past me to valiantly clear out entire sections Rambo style, while I merely pause for a moment to reload. That being said, it was an incredible experience.

Damn, been playing through the campaign in Veteran and haven't had any significant problems, but now I'm on that one mission where you have to
get to a submarine in 2 minutes that's hundreds of meters away and littered with lots of respawning bad guys along the way.
Shit is seeming so impossible to me right now. I almost get to it, but never in time. When I'm like 50 meters away, I've got like 5 seconds left or some shit and I'm pinned down completely.

I must have retried this part at least 20 times already. :/

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
re: PS3 vs 360 shots.

I took many comparison shots and videos during development to make sure both platforms were identical. In my findings there is some (extremely) slight differences in color temp (I guess due to how the systems output video), but as long as you've got your console set up properly for your display it should look the same. If the PS3 version is looking washed out then you've got something set up wonkily. Make sure to follow the brightness adjustment guide in the options menu.

And yes, on a lower end setup Full RGB _will_ crush blacks. It is not a foolproof "fix", as is the reference level adjustments on the 360.

In doing blind side by side tests at the office the ONLY person capable of picking the right version was the programmer responsible for a lot of the rendering code :p

DKo5 said:

I took many comparison shots and videos during development to make sure both platforms were identical. In my findings there is some (extremely) slight differences in color temp (I guess due to how the systems output video), but as long as you've got your console set up properly for your display it should look the same. If the PS3 version is looking washed out then you've got something set up wonkily. Make sure to follow the brightness adjustment guide in the options menu.

And yes, on a lower end setup Full RGB _will_ crush blacks. It is not a foolproof "fix", as is the reference level adjustments on the 360.

In doing blind side by side tests at the office the ONLY person capable of picking the right version was the programmer responsible for a lot of the rendering code :p

Question about the PC version, if you can answer :) Does it use any higher res textures ? I know in CoD2 and MW1 there was a slight bump compared to the consoles in textures (certain extra details were easily noticed on faces etc). That the same with MW2 ?

Kibbles

So what's up with the killstreaks? Sometimes they count, sometimes they don't. Do I got it right saying that everything you have for a killstreak counts towards your killstreak unless it's from a care package?

Dynamic3

DKo5 said:

What could be wrong with my setup...it looks washed out, yet the HUD and menus are vibrant. PS3 with full RGB btw.

Ogs said:
Question about the PC version, if you can answer :) Does it use any higher res textures ? I know in CoD2 and MW1 there was a slight bump compared to the consoles in textures (certain extra details were easily noticed on faces etc). That the same with MW2 ?
Im also curious in how much of a graphical upgrade the PC version got..or if it is more like the first MW game where i honestly didnt see much of a difference with the PC vs 360 version.. besides the higher resolution i could adjust with the pc version.

Anyways.. like the poster above is asking.. i'd like to know if there were any details released on any PC graphical enhancements for MW2.

Ramirez said:
Did any of the MW maps get remade?

None. All 16 maps are brand new.

AnimatorZombie said:
Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but is there a list of what or how many playlists party chat is disabled for?

Only three playlists will allow party chat: Mercenary Team Deathmatch, Free For All, and 3rd Person Team Deathmatch.

I could live with a remake of Bloc as long as they trimmed the map up to cut out those worthless parts of the map that no one ever went to. I'm looking at you, empty swimming pool.

Mikey Jr.

AnEternalEnigma said:
I could live with a remake of Bloc as long as they trimmed the map up to cut out those worthless parts of the map that no one ever went to. I'm looking at you, empty swimming pool.

I remember one time respawning in there and I was like "Where the fuck am I?"

.nimrod

who the heck thought wasteland would be a good mp map? i wanna kick the person who is responsible for that in his ass >:|
god, i hate that map

Top Bottom