• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

jediyoshi

1.10.0d out for patrons
Fixes a bug in RDTSC timer.
Game profiles for Twilight Princess adjusted so they no longer enforce cycle-based CPU timer.
Slightly optimized audio code (might decrease crackeling for some users)

catabarez

Breath of the Wild keeps crashing for me during the opening cutscene. Specifically when Link is opening his eyes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: How do I get the update files from my Wii U?

Neith

Banned
So is botw in a perfectly playable state yet or is there still slowdown and random crashing?

It's not going to be perfectly playable for along time man.

It's in a good state, but they just restored stereo sound. It has a ways to go before it is even close to perfect.

MUnited83

For you.
So is botw in a perfectly playable state yet or is there still slowdown and random crashing?

It is perfectly playable at this stage. I haven't had a crash in ages and the game performs better than the Wii U version, and runs great at big resolutions.

Certainly good enough for me to never play it on native hardware ever again.

Burny

It is perfectly playable at this stage. I haven't had a crash in ages and the game performs better than the Wii U version, and runs great at big resolutions.

Lemme guess, my 2014 mid range PC won't be up to the task? Intel Xeon E3-1230v3, 3.30GHz...

I'll hold out a bit longer probably and safe my BotW replay for CemU. We must've put well over 100 hours into it on the Wii U. It can probably wait another couple of years until I've upgraded the PC.

Onemic

Cool, might be time to try it out then

Would it run fine on an i5-6600k and 1080 GTX?

Seik

Banned
A friend just sent me this GIF...I think it's time for me to mod BOTW.

ptkmwley5ev4qycm0xa0.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Cool, might be time to try it out then

Would it run fine on an i5-6600k and 1080 GTX?
I run it over 50fps a lot of the time on the overworld at 1440p, and often over 45fps and up on 4K, with a measly GTX 970+ overclocked 4690k combo, so yeah, it's going to run fine on your system :D

shiyrley

Banned
I'm having trouble finding a 1440p or 4k graphic pack for Xenoblade X that doesn't show up as outdated in cemu 1.9.1, any help?

Does 1.10 fix the graphics on BOTW with AMD GPUs? There is something very wrong with the way it renders shadows. It's ok in other games.

Tried with r9 290 and vega rx 64, no difference. Of course newest drivers.

Paired with i5 6600.

Is there anybody withba similar experience on AMD GPU?

I have seen that Cemu has made a lot of progress lately.
Anyone tested Fatal Frame again? How does it run with the newest Cemu version?
Also Bayonetta 2 seems to run way better now, and many more games.

jediyoshi

This sounds interesting, so i7 6700 and a GTX1060 should be looking for 1080/60?

No. Resolution is largely a non-issue, framerate is reliant on CPU only up to a certain point, eventually the emulator itself in its current state is the bottleneck.

BOTW seems to not go above15fps anyway to get it up to 30 ?

Two big things to check, make sure Options -> GPU Buffer Cache Accuracy is set to Low and disableGPUFence = true in the game's profile. A simple way to do the latter is installing Cemuhook https://sshnuke.net/cemuhook/ and while the game is running go to Options -> GX2SetGPUFence skip

Night.Ninja

Banned
Better CPU? :_D

Anything I say will get me banned

No. Resolution is largely a non-issue, framerate is reliant on CPU only up to a certain point, eventually the emulator itself in its current state is the bottleneck.

Two big things to check, make sure Options -> GPU Buffer Cache Accuracy is set to Low and disableGPUFence = true in the game's profile. A simple way to do the latter is installing Cemuhook https://sshnuke.net/cemuhook/ and while the game is running go to Options -> GX2SetGPUFence skip

Thanks bro worked a charm

catabarez

Dumped about half of my Wii U library so I can play them on Cemu. Dumping Xenoblade Chronicles X was ridiculous. That game is huge.

Neith

Banned
New Nvidia drivers reduce that RAM usage by half for a lot of people. They finally fixed it. Thank you. Appears they will be doing more work on it too.

Top Bottom