• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/cid=PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-CATEGORY00000865

If anyone wants to go sign up to see if you can partake in the Gundam Versus closed beta.

Sign up from now until February 28th. You will get a email March 9th notifying you if you are able to partake in it.

You'll be chosen to take part in 3 different times, March 10th 19:00-22:00; March 11th 19:00-22:00; and March 12th 19:00-22:00.

There will be 4 different modes to choose from, Player Match, Ultimate Battle, Trial Battle, and Free Battle.

You will have a lot of different suits to choose from in the closed beta.

Nice, hard to pass up trying something for free

Numb

Truth.

k0sJAt.gif

tumblr_ny2fb9LoRB1ua5f7bo1_500.gif

3 words bout Mike
floe goat

shaowebb

Okay...after playing more TVC, and some of the Darius Sega DLC it just sorta reaffirms to me that someday a vs style game with Sega neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to fucking happen.
buVRvun.jpg

Just look at Harrier from Space Harrier in this dlc.

Dude has 8 way directional shots and can leave a ghost of himself firing a laser in a spot on the screen in any direction while he moves around doing his own thing. Tell me you couldn't make a ridiculous vs style zoner out of that shit.
Then you got shit like Death Adder from Golden Ax. Gigantic fucker with an ax that can be thrown for multihits, armor, wallbounce boot, shoulder ram with a shield like cap and a double swing aa thats huge.
Opa Opa for Arthur style ridiculous small dude that zones shenanigans coupled with some Modok levels of flight with weight drops and other shit.

Virtua fucking Fighter stuff.

Vectorman, Kid Chameleon stance changing, Phantasy Star Alys Brangwin using her party like Captain Commando whilst throwing boomerangs, Chester from Shining Force being a general badass centaur with a lance and bow, Ristar being a stretchy dude, Altered Beast dude leveling up like Frank West and getting new moves, Alex Kidd being stuck in the background because he's still in the welfare line, and a motherfucking Daytona Car.
All that potential before you ever dip into Sonic's shit. I just wonder how this teamup has never happened before? Especially given that Capcom was a major player on their team during the Dreamcast it could be one helluva anniversary thing.

I'll stop fantasizing now. Fuck though Space Harrier moveset would be dope as fuck and easy to make.

Dahbomb

Afterburner Jet
Shinobi
Altered Beast
Sam from Vanquish
Bayonetta (she was originally made under SEGA)
Shenmue characters
Skies of Arcadia characters
Dude from Comix Zone
Crazy Taxi
Echo the Dolphin
Fighting Vipers
Gunstar Heroes
Otogi Myth of Demons (crazy moveset here)
Panzer Dragoon
PSO
Shining Force
And of course Yakuza

Sega has huge potential for a crossover fighter.

Numb

Afterburner Jet
Shinobi
Altered Beast
Sam from Vanquish
Bayonetta (she was originally made under SEGA)
Shenmue characters
Skies of Arcadia characters
Dude from Comix Zone
Crazy Taxi
Echo the Dolphin
Fighting Vipers
Gunstar Heroes
Otogi Myth of Demons (crazy moveset here)
Panzer Dragoon
PSO
Shining Force
And of course Yakuza

Sega has huge potential for a crossover fighter.
You had me at Bayo

Nyoro SF

I lived in Buffalo for 3 years but I am from Boston.

I wouldn't have happened to meet you at PAX East in the past, have I...? I distinctly remember meeting a guy that was crazy about Virtua Fighter when I was waiting outside a panel room.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
so y'all are tuning in for NMTC this weekend right? if ya wanna see the VF scene... we'll be there

shaowebb

twitch.tv/degigames

Thursday night fights are on. Its about 7:20 where they are and they are playing Koihime Enbu till about 7:30. Then its Blade Arcus for that cancel filled meter loaded 3 levels of assists fighting goodness.

EDIT: Also anyone here ever heard of a fighting game called Es Laf?

Saw this listed on Wiki Mizuumi's guides and it looks fucking dope. There are download trials of it and EsLaf2 on the links from the Mizuumi pages too.

Dlent

Isn't Denkgeki Bunko Fighting Climax already Sega vs Dengeki? It's a pretty poor roster considering the characters available to both of those companies.

shaowebb

Isn't Denkgeki Bunko Fighting Climax already Sega vs Dengeki? It's a pretty poor roster considering the characters available to both of those companies.

Eh not really. Only 2 characters really. Akira and valkyria chronicles Selvaria are in it. There are some Sonic and Sega stages though like NiGHTS and an arcade.

To be fair the game has one of the best meter and burst setups in the genre. No surprise since French Bread made it and meter systems are their forte. The assist system and moves are also some of the best designed as well. Each assist has at minimum 2 moves you can call it to do so every character is backed by two assists. The partner you chose though determines both of them. Some are counters, some are buffs, some are like Rising Fang (Dokuro Chan lol), some are mixup, zoning, pressure, etc etc etc. Really really well built. Some assists like from Devil is a part timer get stronger the more they are used and eventually do a major move.

Its a great game. Very tight and very footsie based. I'd like to see more games use it for a template.
The best characters in that game are assists :/

Agreed. Celty and Dokuro Chan should've been playable dammit :(

Thores

I've wanted Sega vs Capcom for the better part of a decade. Heck, they've already had a crossover collaboration twice in this past generation, thanks to Project X Zone and its sequel. Their combined rosters in a fighting game feels far, far overdue.

Astarte

Eh not really. Only 2 characters really. Akira and valkyria chronicles Selvaria are in it. There are some Sonic and Sega stages though like NiGHTS and an arcade.

To be fair the game has one of the best meter and burst setups in the genre. No surprise since French Bread made it and meter systems are their forte. The assist system and moves are also some of the best designed as well. Each assist has at minimum 2 moves you can call it to do so every character is backed by two assists. The partner you chose though determines both of them. Some are counters, some are buffs, some are like Rising Fang (Dokuro Chan lol), some are mixup, zoning, pressure, etc etc etc. Really really well built. Some assists like from Devil is a part timer get stronger the more they are used and eventually do a major move.

Its a great game. Very tight and very footsie based. I'd like to see more games use it for a template.

Agreed. Celty and Dokuro Chan should've been playable dammit :(

The arcade is actually from Sega Hard Girls. Try giving it a shot, it's a fairly nice show

god damn that game looks so bad

Ft5 me pizza and I'll show you the true power of yuuki

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm always a little uneasy bringing an arcade stick through security even though it has never once been a problem. being a white dude probably helps i guess.

Top Bottom