• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

mbpm1

Okee dokee here you go. Simple and clean new look. Start guessing how you're doin folks lol.
So clean. So easy to keep track of. Best game ever now.

If I can't see how much health I lost I can't lose in my mind

IMG_20170131_105154.jpg

Xevren

ATP live likely isn't coming back until Tekken 7 comes out, even then who knows. Aris hasn't been shy about how much he doesn't like doing it lately.

Okee dokee here you go. Simple and clean new look. Start guessing how you're doin folks lol.
So clean. So easy to keep track of. Best game ever now.

when mkx was announced, people thought they were doing that

because they thought a cg trailer was fighting game graphics

shaowebb

Just a reminder this Saturday at 4pm is the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Weekly Dolphin tournament online.
https://www.twitch.tv/tvc_netplay
v1tonFk.jpg

You can sign up for the tournament on Challonge at the following link.

http://tvcnetplay.challonge.com/THVLBB7

Dont know how you should setup Dolphin for TVC? No problem. The Discord group has you covered in their resources section. Plus we are always open to walk folks through stuff and help each other all the time.

Permanent Invite to the TVC Discord channel
Show up, setup, and play. We match make and chat all the time, have a weekly, and great players like Kbeast, MagnomanX, our own Fadedrevolution and more are there.
Plus the stream has fun stuff like this combo from Dr. Science to look forward to seeing get dropped!
https://fat.gfycat.com/AdmiredUnderstatedAmericanquarterhorse.webm

shaowebb

BTW this week may see an influx of Onimusha Kaijin no Soki players. The whole announcer botch of thinking Soki was from Dynasty Warriors and that it was a Capcom game went meme tier within the community and set everyone in love with Soki. Folks be labbin that armor. In TVC he had a hyper armor mode that was almost unseen at tournament. He would generate red orbs as he fought to fill a gauge for a special new hyper only available in that mode. It was like Colossus 2.0
Hope we see it this week!

shaowebb

My bad...I'm just tired and excited. I'll stop off topicing. Just beside myself after a decade and a half of waiting.

Tangentally related though is there a fighting game with a card game aspect to it? Heroes and Heralds was neat but it could honestly make a pretty cool gimmick for a fighting game. Magic style cards for assists or moves you equip to characters would be dope.

Dahbomb

My bad...I'm just tired and excited. I'll stop off topicing. Just beside myself after a decade and a half of waiting.

Tangentally related though is there a fighting game with a card game aspect to it? Heroes and Heralds was neat but it could honestly make a pretty cool gimmick for a fighting game. Magic style cards for assists or moves you equip to characters would be dope.
Didn't Sirlin try to make something like that? I think it was Yomi or something like that.

shaowebb

Didn't Sirlin try to make something like that? I think it was Yomi or something like that.

Yomi was a card game based on the mental strats of fighting games. It was pretty good too. I know there was an indie fighter that died where folks could choose a style type that affected play which is reminescent of magic the gathering card colors tending to have a theme to what sorts of abilities they had (black red, blue etc.).

No real card fighter themed game though. Its an overdue gimmick IMO. Equip a deck of specials to a character and run a strategy of tools with them. Sorta like arcana but not relegated to one deck like arcanas sorta are. This would let you mix and match. Chaos Code lets you choose a few things like this I guess. No card theme though...its unfortunate because that theme is easy to market and hook people on it. It'd be like Godhand's moveset building but for your specials. Rising Thunder was heading that route...maybe the LoL fighting game we all believe is happening is headin that way too?

I know there was one I played before, but the name is escaping me completely. I'm sure I'll remember it when I least expect it.

shaowebb

I know there was one I played before, but the name is escaping me completely. I'm sure I'll remember it when I least expect it.

Are you thinking of Dark Awake aka Chaos Breaker? It had equippable stuff like D&D gear. Not certain if it was cards though because I never could find a listing on PSN I could buy it digitally from. If anyone had a link I'd be on that shit.

Kikirin

No real card fighter themed game though. Its an overdue gimmick IMO. Equip a deck of specials to a character and run a strategy of tools with them. Sorta like arcana but not relegated to one deck like arcanas sorta are. This would let you mix and match. Chaos Code lets you choose a few things like this I guess. No card theme though...its unfortunate because that theme is easy to market and hook people on it. It'd be like Godhand's moveset building but for your specials. Rising Thunder was heading that route...maybe the LoL fighting game we all believe is happening is headin that way too?

Touhou Hisouten/Hisoutensoku?

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4iCchjKhTw

You customize decks of 20 cards for your character, with cards ranging from character-specific specials and supers to universal ones like alpha counters and passive attack/defense buffs. These cards are consumed during a match to unleash their effects.

While the match is played, your 5-stock card meter is filled, and filling a stock reveals a random card from your deck. Consuming cards corresponding to specials buffs the corresponding special, or can replace one of your specials entirely for the remainder of the match. Supers consume the corresponding card and potentially require additional card stocks to activate, with stronger/more useful ones having a higher cost.

shaowebb

Touhou Hisouten/Hisoutensoku?

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4iCchjKhTw

You customize decks of 20 cards for your character, with cards ranging from character-specific specials and supers to universal ones like alpha counters and passive attack/defense buffs. These cards are consumed during a match to unleash their effects.

While the match is played, your 5-stock card meter is filled, and filling a stock reveals a random card from your deck. Consuming cards corresponding to specials buffs the corresponding special, or can replace one of your specials entirely for the remainder of the match. Supers consume the corresponding card and potentially require additional card stocks to activate, with stronger/more useful ones having a higher cost.

NEAT! I actually have Scarlet Weather Rhapsody where the status effects of weather impact gameplay. Never kept up with touhou fighters since so many non official things exist that searching and keeping up is like trying to find a needle in a haystack sometimes. Kind of odd you build a deck and your cards get revealed as you gain meter . Getting dealt a hand with a random factor to it from my deck is definitely card game like, but I'm not certain how I feel bout random buffs after Phoenix Wright. Its a touhou fighter though. They tend to have random elements.

Are you thinking of Dark Awake aka Chaos Breaker? It had equippable stuff like D&D gear. Not certain if it was cards though because I never could find a listing on PSN I could buy it digitally from. If anyone had a link I'd be on that shit.
Nah, not that. I actually can't remember if it was anime or not.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Whos dumbass idea is to make a grand tournament for a game first to one? Mind as well make it random select while they're at it.

Tripon

I don't think Avyd ever had their end of the year tournament for all of their fighting games they were trying to promote.

Edit: http://avyd.com/ deleted their entire blog posts for the past year.

Top Bottom