• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- it's that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Qasiel

Also throwing in this one:

9th-Doctor-Christopher-Eccleston.png

is

5245b183da021.jpg

He was also Major West, the crazy military dude in 28 Days Later.

t-ramp

I thought it was kind of funny that H Jon Benjamin was the football coach in 22 Jump Street. I don't know how long it would have taken me to notice if I hadn't just watched an interview with him recently.

In honor of Orphan Black's return next week, here's a "Holy Shi- it's that girl!" all contained in one series. Cause it's impossible to watch the show without forgetting they're all played by the same person.

Denali

Watching season four of Louie on Netflix recently, and I thought Dr. Bigelow looked mighty familiar.

It's the father from Beethoven. He was 56 when that came out in 1992, and he's a couple months away from 80 now!

grodin-beethoven.jpg

mclem

President Ellis from Iron Man 3/Marvel Cinematic Universe

latest

and Simon Stagg from The Flash

Simon_Stagg.png

Sucks at board games

DeathBattleship.jpg~original

Well that's probably because he was in prison for a long time, sorting books by Alexandray Dumbass:

yDfrBEl.jpg

(The Shawshank Redemption)

mclem

One I encountered recently:

Reverend Adam Smallbone, from the (excellent) BBC sitcom Rev:

whWxyF2.jpg

apparently had an ancestor who was rather less charming, in the age of Pirates:

And while we're on the subject of Pirates of the Carribean, one that I'd never have spotted until it was pointed out to me; one of the first characters Jack Sparrow meets is a harbourmaster:

... who, many years ago, was Lieutenant Hubert Gruber of the Nazi army in 'Allo 'Allo

(With apparently little change in expression between the two eras)

Edit: And while we're talking Nazis, one I think many Brits already know, but still:

Hitler (in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade):

...was Admiral Ozzel in The Empire Strikes Back:

..but to *us*, he was Mr. Bronson, French teacher at Grange Hill.
A4qo0hz.jpg

Jesus. Another actor I didn't realize was in Black Hawk Down.

And I think that has to for sure swing the scale in favor of non-American actors playing a bunch of American soldiers (Bana, Bloom, McGregor, Hardy, Isaacs, the Scottish kid, did I miss anyone?)

The kid that played Young Charlie Chaplin in Shanghai Knights

Grew up and became

and

Now this is a good example. Also had no idea he was English.

NotLiquid

Something I just found out about yesterday

B4Am2ww.jpg

Gunderson in Airplane! is played by a young Jonathan Banks, who is probably know more for Mike in Breaking Bad.

In honor of Orphan Black's return next week, here's a "Holy Shi- it's that girl!" all contained in one series. Cause it's impossible to watch the show without forgetting they're all played by the same person.

Oh hey, it looks like that girl from napolean dynamite.

This more than anything else just convinced me to try to watch Gargoyles some day.

Isn't there some license bullshit preventing it from ever being re-released?

You should, it's amazing. I recently rewatched the first two seasons months ago and it just doesn't get any better than this in terms of cartoons. However, there are missing episodes from what Disney uploaded, don't know if they fixed it. I got the first two seasons on DVD with the third season having yet to be released. I heard that the third season is not as good as the first two because that's when the original creators left.

In rewatching Mad Men for the final episodes, I had a few of these mindblowing moments.

Betty hooks up with a random guy in a bar
better known as Captain Awesome from Chuck

later on there's this flight attendant in a few scenes in Season 6
who's better known as Caitlin in The Flash

if you want a real spin out, try playing LA Noire after you've marathoned Mad Men and see if your brains stay off the walls.

Daffy Duck

Watching starship troopers and I just noticed one of the guys who talks to Rico looked familiar, I then noticed he is Gabriel from the walking dead.

Top Bottom