• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- it's that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

vikki

xFBNOqNl.png

I was watching Zootopia yesterday and was looking through the cast list and saw that the voice actor for the rhino police officer was Rhino from Gladiators. Nice pun that 99% of the audience would never have known about.

Makes sense why they listed him as the voice actor when the rhino doesn't talk in the movie, he just shrugs.

Manu

Karl Urban is still my perfect pick for Green Arrow in the DCCU. Just dye him blond, he already did it for LOTR.

element

Been watching Law & Order starting with Season 1 and a number of actors in random roles is crazy.

In just one episode you have Samuel L. Jackson and Philip Seymour Hoffman

OQuEAkwl.png

oU96j8Xl.jpg

Makes sense why they listed him as the voice actor when the rhino doesn't talk in the movie, he just shrugs.
Nah, he gets a few lines near the start of the Little Rodentia chase ("This is Officer McHorn, we got a 10-31." and "Hey! Meter maid! Wait for the real cops!").

DMVfan123

Banned
I was scrolling through TV channels one day and I saw that the actor who plays Hawkman in Legends of Tomorow S1 was in White House Down too

160202-mega-buzz-legends-of-tomorrow.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-12-06-02h01m19s93.png

I've been rewatching Toast of London and watching the new series of Upstart Crow and just made this connection.

The guy on the right in the recording studio scenes on Toast of London (Not Clem Fandango)

is Kit Marlow in Upstart Crow. Both are Tim Downie.
tumblr_oo6t5tAeDh1rkbh74o2_1280.png

Watched the recently released 4K UHD of StarShip Troopers and was amazed how many people I recognized in there (now) outside of the main roles.

Someone in this thread previously mentioned that Seth Gilliam (Father Gabriel/Walking Dead, Ellis Carver/The Wire) was in it.

And Dean Norris (Hank/Breaking Bad, other things)..

..who was also apparently in Terminator 2 (WHAAAA?)

Timothy Omundson (Psych, Galavant, stuff)...

gEBfnM2.gif

A freaking GOLDEN GIRL.. Rue McClanahan..

DD4mtV1UMAAhyL5.jpg

Amy Smart.. before she was in a ton of memorable things.. and way before she was in a bunch of non-memorable things..

Robert David Hall.. the Chief Medical guy on CSI a million years ago..

And probably more, but those were the ones that jumped out at me. There were way more recognizable people in that now than there were in 1997!
(How does time work?)

Spaced is a goldmine for this stuff.

And Mark Gatiss, Doctor Who/Sherlock writer and Plays Sherlock's brother Mycroft as one of the agents after the drugs.
spaced-gatiss.jpg

Other guy is Kevin Eldon, who played two different characters in GoT.
The guy from the troupe in Bravos who plays Ned and one of the Goldcloaks who gets their head smashed by Gendry in the latest season.

I found an image but i'm not sure how to spoiler tag images. It's linked to a spoiler that's pretty well known, but wouldn't want to risk it

Been watching Law & Order starting with Season 1 and a number of actors in random roles is crazy.

In just one episode you have Samuel L. Jackson and Philip Seymour Hoffman

OQuEAkwl.png

oU96j8Xl.jpg

It's honestly still shocking to me how many things Samuel L. Jackson manages to randomly pop up in.
I think his wiki filmography has its own page. lol

Prurient

Banned
Other guy is Kevin Eldon, who played two different characters in GoT.
The guy from the troupe in Bravos who plays Ned and one of the Goldcloaks who gets their head smashed by Gendry in the latest season.

I found an image but i'm not sure how to spoiler tag images. It's linked to a spoiler that's pretty well known, but wouldn't want to risk it

He also played one of my favourite sketch show characters from the 90s!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1xjcyyuDM0

Mathieran

Banned
I was watching Seinfeld the other night, and I've seen this episode and Scrubs many times before but who should show up but Ted from Scrubs. He plays a creepy guy Elaine bumps into on the Subway reading a TV guide. Can't remember the name of the episode.

Ri'Orius

So I just watched Absolutely Anything on Netflix as background noise while I did some work, and thought to myself, "huh, wonder who that Robin Williams soundalike they got for the dog is."

It was the real Robin Williams. The last movie he ever did, looks like. And it's... not good. Great cast: Williams, Simon Pegg, apparently Eddie Izzard, John Cleese and a couple other Pythons. But a pretty ho-hum movie. Decent background noise, though.

I just genuinely don't know how people are unaware that the guy who played Judge Dredd was also in Star Trek/LotR. He literally looks the same - except more scowl-ey in Dredd?!

Even if you are unaware of him playing in these films. What is mindblowing about an actor showing up in different roles in different movies?

Even if you are unaware of him playing in these films. What is mindblowing about an actor showing up in different roles in different movies?

Depends if people remember it or not.... It's watching something 20 years later and having no recollection that the actor playing Judge Dredd and Bones was also the Cupid character (and Julius Ceaser) you vaguely remember from Hercules and Xena.

f673dcebaa1f51803b96c8d925aefbe2.jpg

Just watched the recent Fantastic Four film and was trying to place the actor playing Johnny Storm for ages. About half way through realised it's Wallace from The Wire. I haven't seen him in anything since so was a bit holy shit.

You mean Michael B Jordan, aka Michael "Should Have Been Nominated for an Oscar for CREED" Jordon, soon to be seen as the villain in Marvel's Black Panther, and one of the most promising young actors in the business right now? You mean that guy? :p

Vuci

Depends if people remember it or not.... It's watching something 20 years later and having no recollection that the actor playing Judge Dredd and Bones was also the Cupid character (and Julius Ceaser) you vaguely remember from Hercules and Xena.

f673dcebaa1f51803b96c8d925aefbe2.jpg

You fixed it, my mind is blown.

Alx

Most people know about Christopher Judge (Teal'c) making an appearance in MacGyver, but I just learned that Mayim Bialik (Amy from the Big Bang Theory) had a small recurring role too (3 episodes)

5x01%20(3).jpg

Even with the photo it's hard to recognize her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom