• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- it's that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

I've been watching a lot of Law and Order lately, and I've seen dozens upon dozens of actors who later go on to HBO series. Just saw one with Bunk Moreland from The Wire as a defense attorney using the "black rage" defense for a client accused of murder, and Lt. Daniels was an African soldier who murdered a man in a story related to conflict diamonds. Omar Little was a hired hitman, and Kima Greggs played the mother of a boy who was shot in the episode they made that was loosely inspired by the Trayvon Martin case.

Mike from Breaking Bad in an obscure movie I used to watch all the time as a kid, called There Goes the Neighborhood. HBO had a knack for showing these kinds of movies over an over back in the day..

Also, I saw some of Ginger Snaps 2 again, and the little weird girl is Tatiana Maslany

I only recognized him from playing in a movie with a certain iconic robot.

Michael McKean will always be Lenny from Laverne and Shirley

tumblr_nmzxsusYHT1usnr9to1_540.jpg

Probabaly has been posted but..

Dumbledore from harry potter.

Was

Oseary Drakoulias from The Life Aquatic

Michael Gambon was the original Singing Detective. also in Gosford Park and Doctor Who

tumblr_nmzxyta9MV1usnr9to1_500.jpg

I'm usually pretty good at spotting actors between roles/decades, even if I don't know their name. This was a random more obscure one I spotted last night while watching In The Mouth of Madness, a Lovecraftian/Stephen King esque horror flick by John Carpenter from 94.

So Viggo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters 2...

tumblr_niwiejAatD1rwnp75o1_500.gif

Is also this guy from Mouth of Madness...

17724-9382.jpg

Actor is Wilhelm von Homburg.

Speevy

Banned
Crazy fanatical bitch in Game of Thrones

bb_game-of-thrones_carice.jpg

Crazy pagan bitch in Black Death

010BDH_Carice_van_Houten_001.jpg

What other thing do these two pieces have in common?

SNF11FILMD-280_1062241a.jpg

ned-stark-970x545.jpg

TalonJH

The kid in the center singing and dancing about newspapers and unions.
042.png

Disney's version of "Newsies"

Went on to yell at people in a strange voice and drive a cool car.
CHRISTIAN-BALE-ASEGURA-QUE-NO-VOLVER%C3%81-A-SER-BATMAN.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Don't know if this was posted but I was just looking through his IMDB and Fred from Groundhog Day

shannon-groundhog-day.jpg

is Zod from Man of Steel

zod.jpg

Michael Shannon

NYR94

Bad guy Mossi from Let's Be Cops

9lA6IbU.jpg

was played by the same actor who played Sixsmith in Cloud Atlas, James D'Arcy

SOIpWTN.jpg

bengraven

is all of the following

I don't even

EDIT: And he voices Ren and Stimpy? My god, this dude is the man

Holy shit, you didn't know who Billy West was?

The guy was basically the voice of the 90s and 2000s. He was in fucking everything - even on Howard Stern as his joke man for a few years.

And he's still working:

tumblr_nfma75Zhcg1sswqn8o1_500.png

Choose_Goose.png

hqdefault.jpg

hobozero

Don't know if this was posted but I was just looking through his IMDB and Fred from Groundhog Day

is Zod from Man of Steel

Michael Shannon

And is also racist redneck who gets his ear shot off in Bad Boys 2 (also, seems way thinner in this movie)

ibcvTx04dLePhO.jpg

Randomly watching Firewall on TV a few days ago and saw this familiar face:

latest

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau / Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones!

EDIT - Holy crap, we both posted about Nikolaj Coster-Waldau within a few minutes!

Makareu

Granted I am usually bad at recognizing actors across their works, but it took me way too long to realize that Maggie in The Newsroom was Kim in Scott Pilgrim.

url

url

DJ_Lae

Holy shit, you didn't know who Billy West was?

The guy was basically the voice of the 90s and 2000s. He was in fucking everything - even on Howard Stern as his joke man for a few years.

And he's still working:

And he even shows up occasionally on Disney Junior - I recognized his voice from the other room when my daughters were watching Jungle Junction. He's the elephant in a barely disguised Billy West voice.

D6nh9cu.jpg

Top Bottom