• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Pompadour

Not sure what that would change. Even if they add in Super 18 . . . she has that ugly ass tracksuit so . . .

Hopefully we can switch 17 with Turirin all the time

It would be more that they strip 17 from 18 and give him his own moveset a la Yang going from SF3: NG to SF3: 2I.

The original english dub butchered his characterization. The trunks OAV also didn't do him any favor.

17 is Super is not much different from his real canon self, just more mature.
Right on.

I'm mostly a manga guy. I don't read Japanese, but I've read the old Daizenshuu EX fan translation and the official Viz translation.

Never cared for 17 as a character, but I remember his fight with Piccolo being pretty sweet.

I could see more maturity helping his case, really.

Damn with SSB Goku and Vegeta being DLC my predictions ain't looking good :(

Hitto pls :(

If it says early unlock then SSB Goku and Vegeta are in the game, just preordering gets them without the need to unlock them. Unless I'm reading this wrong and they are DLC.

Hit better be in this game. He is one of my favourite DBZ characters.

BossRush

There's two problems right now.

1) he's a puppet, okay. I can understand the gameplay aspect, and a ToP "costume" could swap their places, since 18 is very lame compared to 17 in Super, this is where you stand, i disagree but this is fine.

2) 17 fights like 18 and doesn't have any of his attacks from the show, they made him shorter and used 18's animations on his body. This is NOT ok.

Do we know for a fact he's a puppet character? We just see him appear on screen for certain moves and fly out to attack. At the moment until there's proper confirmation it seems like 17 acts as a tandem or stand character. Like the HTTF Jojo game, or to reference other arcsys fighters, Relius Clover from Blazblue and the cast of persona 4 arena.

Puppet characters are cool too though, so either way it would be sick.

TagZ

Has anyone had the beta show up for them in the Xbox Insiders Hub App? I don't get why they would randomly select xbox one gamertags if that's the way it works. They might choose people have 0 interest in DB or 0 interest in fighting games...

cordy

Banned
17's only chance is in DLC or a sequel and that's the ToP 17. Anything before that, this was his best chance of being in the game. Throwing him in as a single's character, his Z version, would have been crazy.

Gbraga

Do we know for a fact he's a puppet character? We just see him appear on screen for certain moves and fly out to attack. At the moment until there's proper confirmation it seems like 17 acts as a tandem or stand character. Like the HTTF Jojo game, or to reference other arcsys fighters, Relius Clover from Blazblue and the cast of persona 4 arena.

I can't watch the trailer again right now, but did we see 18 firing a regular ki blast? I'm under the impression we didn't.

If that's the case, X could be her Stand Button, and that would be fucking amazing. Man, I can't wait to play 18. Can't wait to play Piccolo, too!

This is the first time I've ever felt like using Dragon Ball characters I'm not a huge fan of, that's the beauty of it being a legit fighting game.

Slaythe

As I said, the puppet aspect bothers me less than the moves they gave him.

You would think it'd be interesting to have a "puppet" with unique moves instead of exactly the same as 18.

And a Super DLC could have swapped 17 and 18 with 17 as leader.

It of course bothers me since 17 is a character that has a lot of potential gameplay wise on his own, and never wanted to team up on people with his sister in the canon. But I wouldn't be against it gameplay wise.

Just bothers me to see him fight with 18's moves and then the one thing he gets, his barrier, is off centered to hell. They also gave 18 a barrier from what I read on twitter, to make him even more useless. :(

I can't watch the trailer again right now, but did we see 18 firing a regular ki blast? I'm under the impression we didn't.

If that's the case, X could be her Stand Button, and that would be fucking amazing. Man, I can't wait to play 18. Can't wait to play Piccolo, too!

This is the first time I've ever felt like using Dragon Ball characters I'm not a huge fan of, that's the beauty of it being a legit fighting game.

17's attacks are her QCB motions I believe. On the melee buttons.

Slaythe

qEDw4S.jpg

mRCtTR1.gif

This keeps whopping any other fighting game ass (graphically speaking). Is just in another level.

I need that beta.

B9WzDC.jpg

This screenshot represents perfectly the amount of care that went into 17.

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg

Slaythe? More like Salthe.

jk, I'm sorry for your lost, but hey, there's still a chance for DLC

Gbraga

She's free. Only the LV3 thing makes them attack together.

Damn! That's incredible, I'm so excited to try this character. I think my favorite team at the moment would be 18 / Vegeta / Freeza. Not a big fan of Vegeta or Freeza's movesets, actually, but I'm in love with their assists.

I hope you still get your wish, btw! I definitely disagree when you say they wouldn't have two 17s at once, since they have no issues with two very similar Gokus. A 17 character with the Super costume is something I can definitely see happening.

When I click on that, I get a screen saying thanks for signing up for the closed beta and I'll be notified by email if selected. I definitely never signed up, and bandai wouldn't even have any account or email from me. Is there another link to sign up for US?

Edit: Nevermind, I got to the actual sign up page now. It's https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/dragon-ball-fighterz-closed-beta-application

TWILT

Banned
Signed up! Really really really [insert more reallys here] hoping I get in lol

Gohan/Trunks/18 is gonna be my jam. Really wanna play with Krillin and Piccolo too though.

You Caulifla Kale 18 17.

At least my only consolation prize is that you're gonna be forced to look at his face whenever you play 18.

Actually before today i was gonna settle for 18/17/Cell, but that went out the window. I was so sure he was gonna get in after that voice actor thing. =(

But Piccolo's moveset looks super cool so that's nice at least.

Top Bottom