• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

East is perfect right now. Would not want to risk changing them at all.

I'd send Dan back out West tbh. My biggest takeaway from East is that they can make anything work. I think they've been on a roll ever since Austin joined and haven't stopped since. Dan works well out East but I think they'd be fine without him. West has been fucking dead since he and Drew left.

Zocano

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like I said, the perks that let you survive at 1hp from combos kinda just keeps you "safe" in most fights and you just kinda have to know when you have the moment to heal or not. It also makes trying to avoid combos kind of useless because of it. Especially when a lot of them are either hard to see coming or nearly unavoidable (lol lingering will).

The Xaldin fight is one of those fights that's hilarious if you actually use reaction commands when able.

And also as I said, while the combat itself is more complex, I feel a lot of the situations don't force you to use to a great extent. And because of this, the much simpler levels feel like more of a slog because they are kind of nothing but combat guantlets whereas KH1 at least *tries* something with the levels and making you pay attention and do stuff.

Also Hollow Bastion is still great and that music is still amazing (and the remix of it in 2 is good but not as great).

Zocano

I like the waypoint content well enough. It's sad that Austin left the beast crew so soon but he went and did what he really wanted to do.

Meguro

Banned
I like the waypoint content well enough. It's sad that Austin left the beast crew so soon but he went and did what he really wanted to do.

I do too and I really like Waypoint Radio but there was something really special to me about the Vinny/Alex/Austin combo.

I do too and I really like Waypoint Radio but there was something really special to me about the Vinny/Alex/Austin combo.

I watch/listen to Waypoint on occasion, and I enjoy it, but my issue there stems from generally being insular in voices and taste, to no fault of any individual. It's not that Vinny, Austin, and Alex didn't often agree but, I don't know how to phrase it, it felt like they balanced each other out and brought out their most entertaining qualities. Like, imagine if Always Sunny in Philadelphia had a Dennis spin-off where every character acted like Dennis. OK, that's an exaggeration; it's not Idle Thumbs.

That said, let get some GBEast and Waypoint crossover content that's not just PUBG.

East is perfect right now.

This.
At first I wasn't a big fan of GBE, I guess mostly because they were just getting started and didn't have enough people there and they covered games I didn't care about. Now I feel like they are my favourite part of GB. They manage to make almost everything fun, even stuff I didn't have any interest in.

On the flip side, I don't like GBW almost at all anymore. For whatever reason the attitudes there seem bad and they even manage to sour stuff that I would have interest in (like Kingdom Hearts).

I remember how I was bummed when Dan "had" to leave Demo Derby behind when he moved to NY, but fortunately GBE has shown that they have a lot of great ideas of their own (like Steal My Sunshine and F&F Film&40s). At the same time it feels like GBE comes up with cool stuff like Demo Derby and Game Tapes, but then stubbornly refuses to do them frequently enough which is frustrating.

Finished my 3rd rewatch of the original Twin Peaks series. Still so fucking good. Those last 20 or so minutes from the final episode of S2 made me tear up. Well actually, this moment. God damn though, still fucking mesmerizing.

dr-strangelove-ripper.png

precious bodily fluids

It's great, love me some Fire Walk With Me as well, it's one of Lynch's secret best films.

Scizzy

I would love it if Jeff and Vinny switched coasts for a month. I know it wouldn't work for production reasons and because they'd both have to abandon their families, but the result would be fascinating on both sides.

Zocano

Hopefully it's not another half a year+ until the new hire for GBW. I know Jeff has said they still want another for west but I hope the latter half of the year release season doesn't slow things down to a halt.

I'm not into commitment, I just want a hard fuck. Great episode, we finally kinda got a tech support email stream. The real KH starts here now that they are done with Traverse Town. Also, the last Mickey Mouse film was actually a CGI Christmas film.

Mickey%27s_Twice_upon_a_Christmas.jpg

3D Disney cartoons are some next level shit. If you got a 3D TV then you owe it to yourself to watch The Lion King or Beauty In The Beast in 3D, it looks fucking nuts.
It's great, love me some Fire Walk With Me as well, it's one of Lynch's secret best films.

To think he was able to get this shit on TV back in the day is pure insanity. The S2 finale might be my favorite thing that Lynch ever filmed. Fire Walk With me is great as well, can't wait for the Criterion release.
Is there any info on the Battle Royale Film & 40s? I thought it was supposed to go up this week...

Up on Monday.

Alfredo

If this Kingdom Hearts feature is really just a big joke, they should just make it an audio-only podcast. That would be pretty funny, and I'd have another thing to listen to on my commute.

Otherwise, I'm not a really big fan of Kingdom Heartache. Even if the game is supposedly bad and the story doesn't make sense, it would be more fun to hear them discuss that while playing. I mean, one of the reasons I enjoy watching Let's Plays is getting people's reactions to parts of games...but if they're not even paying attention, then you don't get those reactions.

So...yeah, make it an audio podcast, lol. Just keep the gameplay audio in to keep the joke alive.

Hasney

If this Kingdom Hearts feature is really just a big joke, they should just make it an audio-only podcast. That would be pretty funny, and I'd have another thing to listen to on my commute.

Otherwise, I'm not a really big fan of Kingdom Heartache. Even if the game is supposedly bad and the story doesn't make sense, it would be more fun to hear them discuss that while playing. I mean, one of the reasons I enjoy watching Let's Plays is getting people's reactions to parts of games...but if they're not even paying attention, then you don't get those reactions.

So...yeah, make it an audio podcast, lol. Just keep the gameplay audio in to keep the joke alive.

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter

Kalor

I've came around on the rotating seat for Kingdom Hearts. Hearing Rorie talk about the spam emails he gets is great.

oti

Banned
I bought PUBG.
I played a couple of rounds of PUBG.
I'm thinking about asking for a refund for PUBG.

Watching others is way more fun than playing this clunky mess.

imBask

Banned
I bought PUBG.
I played a couple of rounds of PUBG.
I'm thinking about asking for a refund for PUBG.

Watching others is way more fun than playing this clunky mess.

at least you tried, and you'll have a somewhat valid opinion when you complain about it winning GOTY!

I finally picked up Hitman Season 1 and I can see why the GB crew spent much of last year playing it.

It takes out all the frustrations I had the most with Hitman and throws them out the window. I feel like I have perfect information at all times, enough to make snap decisions that may result in a screwdriver to the face but I still don't feel like I'm punished to frustration.

And when you do pull off a perfect assassination, it still feels as satisfying as I'd want it to feel. Conclusion: We... we're getting a season 2, right :c

Honestly if it wasn't for GB East I would cancel my premium subscription and possibly stop visiting GB altogether, that's how bad I find GB West content at the moment. A few years ago I would never have even entertained that idea.

strafer

Everytime I see Rorie on a stream he has two different socks.

That's why I only roll with black socks, no need to look if they match, just wear the sumbuitch.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really want a tech support feature with rorie. Which i guess is what i just got lmao.

Now that there are more videos to see what the conceit of kingdom Heartache would be I've gotta say, while i enjoy the content i don't necessarily need it to be kingdom heart related? Then again it's like blue bombin where i like the content but don't need it to be megaman related.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
A Rorie feature where he reads some of the weird support emails he gets.
And by that I mean he reads one email and then starts talking about something unrelated for an hour.

Zocano

I forgot Kingdom Hearts didn't have a dodge roll until later on. That's a weird thing to hide behind a boss.

It's just relative to your level. You can theoretically farm it before your first boss. Also depending which of the three items you choose at the start you get the skills kn different orders so you might not even get dodge roll or block or the perk that lets you see enemy hp until way later.

Edit: oh right I forget certain perks are only from certain encounters/bosses. What I said still applies but yah I think the dodge roll is only after the armor knight.

def sim

Ben and Rorie are good in this. No dead air and a decent balance between KH talk and other topics.

It's just relative to your level. You can theoretically farm it before your first boss. Also depending which of the three items you choose at the start you get the skills kn different orders so you might not even get dodge roll or block or the perk that lets you see enemy hp until way later.

Ah. Still, though, that's something they should probably give to the player from the start. A third person action game without some kind of defensive maneuver is awkward.

I really wish there was some kind of wrestling podcast to hear Alex talk about the G1

Would have been great if they did it through the tournament because fuuuck, that was good wrestling

Top Bottom