• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a lot of people say the Miami TE Njoku to the Lions. Which even they say doesn't seem like an express need but they've heard it a lot.

The idea behind it is that Stafford had some crazy ungodly stats when he threw out of a 2 tight end set, and the only TE they had that could watch was Ebron, so why not add another.

I guess. I'm fine with having Ebron and then an average 2nd stringer.

I'd rather be able to pressure QB's so people like Case Keenum and Brock Osweiler don't complete 80% of their throws.

MechDX

SiriusXM NFL Radio‏Verified account
@SiriusXMNFL

Texas Tech QB @PatrickMahomes5: I'm open to playing anywhere but the chance to play for a Texas pro team would be awesome. #Texans

Not happening

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The idea behind it is that Stafford had some crazy ungodly stats when he threw out of a 2 tight end set, and the only TE they had that could watch was Ebron, so why not add another.

I guess. I'm fine with having Ebron and then an average 2nd stringer.

I'd rather be able to pressure QB's so people like Case Keenum and Brock Osweiler don't complete 80% of their throws.

When has Stafford ever had two decent tight ends? From 2011-2014 he had Calvin Johnson getting double teamaed every play and that was it.

I think we're going to draft a Tight End just not in the first round.

When all is said and done if we stay at #21 we're drafting Rueben Foster, Jarrad Davis or Taco Charlton. Whichever one of those three ID available.

I just hope we draft am extra running back somewhere in the draft.

One guy I'm scared of is OJ Howard. I know the guy can run block, but man, how the hell does a guy with physical traits like him not get the ball more at Bama. Can't get over his production, reminds me of another over hyped TE from a few years back. Everyone brings up his size, but did this dude body DB/LBs in college, or just run away from them? It's mostly the later, which isn't a bad thing, but I've rarely seen this dude go up and make the tough catches in traffic. I don't know what to make of it, tough eval but I'm a layman who sits on his couch.
Because The Bama QBs were Jay Coker and a young Jalen Hurts

Plus when you have a stable of 5 star running backs, you run them hard.

OSU CB Gareon Conley Accused Of Rape, No Charges Have Been Filed https://t.co/rA6xpceGGM https://t.co/CE3qiVOvli

Wasnt Hooker but a different 1st rounder from OSU
Damn...

Floy Boy Conley
I'm burning my Conley jersey (I don't have one)

Bucs basically in a BPA position which is nice. Hardly done any draft research this year because for the first time in a while it doesn't seem like the most important part of the season. But I'll be watching and I'm sure I'll convince myself to love whoever we pick.

MechDX

Bucs basically in a BPA position which is nice. Hardly done any draft research this year because for the first time in a while it doesn't seem like the most important part of the season. But I'll be watching and I'm sure I'll convince myself to love whoever we pick.

Bucs going to draft a kicker in the first to compete with Aguyo

WedgeX

Banned
When has Stafford ever had two decent tight ends? From 2011-2014 he had Calvin Johnson getting double teamaed every play and that was it.

I think we're going to draft a Tight End just not in the first round.

When all is said and done if we stay at #21 we're drafting Rueben Foster, Jarrad Davis or Taco Charlton. Whichever one of those three ID available.

I just hope we draft am extra running back somewhere in the draft.

How quickly you forget the two TE sets of prime dropsyMcGee Pettigrew and the GOAT:

2tyuAyH.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How quickly you forget the two TE sets of prime dropsyMcGee Pettigrew and the GOAT:

2tyuAyH.gif

Tony Scheffler was awesome, never understood why we didn't keep longer.

That wasn't really a two TE set that I think Bob Quinn envisions with two athletic TEs like the Patriots ran when they had Gronkowski and Hernandez.

In Quinn we trust.

Corey Davis would be sweet. One name that I actually know about.

Our WR core would be insane. Our defense is already pretty damned good but Peppers would be nice as he can play almost everywhere :lol

I just want our offense to be HOT. Until Jameis stops throwing innacurately and throwing interceptions we can't be. Hope he's working on it.

WedgeX

Banned
Tony Scheffler was awesome, never understood why we didn't keep longer.

That wasn't really a two TE set that I think Bob Quinn envisions with two athletic TEs like the Patriots ran when they had Gronkowski and Hernandez.

In Quinn we trust.

The Scheff was never the same after his concussion.

MechDX

Greg gabriel dropping draft bombs:

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 2h2 hours ago
More
In Cleveland it's ownership that is pushing the Trubisky at 1 thing. The FB opps people want Garrett

If your looking for who SF really wants, look no further than a certain Big RB from Bayou country

Jax is looking to take a QB at 4, don't know what high one

Everything I'm hearing now says Bears will not go QB at 3. Possible in first if they trade down, just not at 3

Unless he can get cleared in next 48 hours, Garson Conley will be next La'el Collins and go undrafted

Hindl

Damn if that's all true then that Top 6 unexpected story would be spot on.

Couldn't predict the Conley thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom