• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone setting up a Mock draft pick em?.....if not might try and set one up if I get a moment tomorrow.

Also
Benjamin Allbright‏ @AllbrightNFL

Allbright mock comes out tomorrow.

Top 5 preview:

1. Browns - Garrett
2. SF - Fournette
3. Chi - Thomas
4. Jax - Watson
5. Tenn - Adams
🤔🤔🤔

MechDX

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-rumors-garett-bolles-buccaneers-panthers-ravens/

Tony Pauline is hearing that Utah OT Garett Bolles, who is considered by a number of experts to be the top offensive lineman in this year's draft class, could slip out of the first round.
Pauline says he still views Bolles as the top offensive lineman prospect in this year's draft class.
Potential landing spots for Bolles, according to Pauline, include the Broncos, Giants, Raiders and Texans.

I dont see it happening

Lying season full steam ahead the next 48 hours!

fog.gif

Browns putting up smokescreens:

tumblr_m4vkdb0PZw1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Nameless

Sadly Jared Goff and RGIII will likely scare off potential suckers who might've overpaid to move up to number 2.

Hindl

Sadly Jared Goff and RGIII will likely scare off potential suckers who might've overpaid to move up to number 2.

None of the prospects are close to the prospects Goff and RGIII were. If there was a good prospect at the top of this class, teams would move up regardless of previous busts. And teams might move up anyway depending on if the Browns get a QB

I'm not giving up on Jerry Goof

Edit: also looking like a good chance Browns could try and trade up from 12. Not the 9ers first though haha

MechDX

Andrew Siciliano‏Verified account @AndrewSiciliano 10m10 minutes ago
More
.@MikeSilver just reported on "Up to the Minute" @nflnetwork the Browns have talked with 3 teams picking in top-8 about moving up from 12.

Sashi doin work!

JABEE

Rapoport says his guy is saying the Eagles are going offense at 14. He was on 94WIP at the top of the 2pm hour.

Hindl

Rapoport says his guy is saying the Eagles are going offense at 14. He was on 94WIP at the top of the 2pm hour.

Too many smokescreens to believe it. But that would line up with a few people saying it was either Conley or an offensive playmaker, and Conley being off the board with this rape allegation. I think they might actually go Davis if he falls to 14

JABEE

He can be part of a foursome in Philly as part of the secondary.

Davis, McCaffery, Cook, or Ross?

I want Davis. I like Cook, but I don't think the Eagles are going to pick him. There is also a chance that maybe Mike WIlliams falls, but I have an irrational fear of WRs named Mike Williams.

Browns could have just taken Wentz last year..smh

Then again they probably wouldn't be in position to draft Myles Garrett this year...

Browns are doing it!

JABEE

Then again they probably wouldn't be in position to draft Myles Garrett this year...

Browns are doing it!

I don't understand why the Browns passed on Carson Wentz. I'm happy though. Wentz is going to put in more work. If the Eagles can add another weapon, teams are going to get roasted this season.

The Eagles defense was actually good last season. Wentz was a one-man offense at the end of the season. He was scrambling everywhere with no one getting open.

Just watch this highlight. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...entz-ducks-under-defender-on-11-yard-scramble

jmizzal

Conley couldnt keep his peen in his pants for a few more days smh

Tho the girls story is shaky, she just wanted to watch

Hindl

Browns are doing it!

Wentz is still far from a sure thing, even with the Eagles OL being pretty damn good while healthy. He's still got a chance to bust. But even if he turns into a great QB, the Browns made the right move. Wentz would've been slaughtered on that Browns team. They had so many damn holes that he would've been wasted. Look at Goff. Dude may suck but it's not like that Rams offense is helping at all. The OL sucks so Gurley can't do anything, and now they don't even have Kenny Britt

Trading down and stocking up to get Nassib, Ogbah, and Coleman was absolutely the right move. With all of their picks in the next couple years, when they finally do bring in a franchise QB, he'll be put in a position to succeed.

I don't understand why the Browns passed on Carson Wentz. I'm happy though. Wentz is going to put in more work. If the Eagles can add another weapon, teams are going to get roasted this season.

The Eagles defense was actually good last season. Wentz was a one-man offense at the end of the season. He was scrambling everywhere with no one getting open.

Just watch this highlight. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...entz-ducks-under-defender-on-11-yard-scramble

My favorite part of that is Collinsworth possibly jizzing his pants when he did that duck move

MechDX

Wentz is still far from a sure thing, even with the Eagles OL being pretty damn good while healthy. He's still got a chance to bust. But even if he turns into a great QB, the Browns made the right move. Wentz would've been slaughtered on that Browns team. They had so many damn holes that he would've been wasted. Look at Goff. Dude may suck but it's not like that Rams offense is helping at all. The OL sucks so Gurley can't do anything, and now they don't even have Kenny Britt

Trading down and stocking up to get Nassib, Ogbah, and Coleman was absolutely the right move. With all of their picks in the next couple years, when they finally do bring in a franchise QB, he'll be put in a position to succeed.

LeBrock gonna lead the Cleve to the promised land.

BigAT

I'm going to write up some stuff for the 2017 draft, but first I wanted to look back at the Steelers' 2016 draft.

Pittsburgh had 8 draft picks last year. They didn't have a fifth, but two sixths and two sevenths. One of those picks ended up on injured reserve. All seven of the others ended the season on an active NFL roster. I certainly don't remember the Steelers ever getting a contributor with every single pick and I'm guessing it's pretty damn rare around the league. Probably GM Kevin Colbert's best draft ever. The top three picks all ended up as starters on the defense. They might not have picked any hall of famers, but still an amazing draft class.

Thought this was interesting so I went back and looked at the Giants draft from last year.

RD 1, PICK 10: CB Eli Apple (Ohio St.) - Apple showed some inconsistency, especially early in the season, but nothing that wasn't typical of a rookie making adjustments and learning the NFL. Overall though Apple played rather well and definitely flashed many times during the season. Part of me is still a bit upset with this pick because it really didn't fill a short term need since DRC showed he still had plenty left in the tank, but Apple should be a good starter for years to come and with the amount of Nickel the Giants run, having three good CBs is hardly a problem.

RD 2, PICK 40: WR Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma) - Shepard showed off his athleticism and ability to catch over the middle multiple times in the season, but also seemed to disappear for long stretches of time in multiple games during the year. Hard to say if this was because of personal failings or Eli just looking elsewhere. 65 REC, 685 yards, 8 TDs is certainly nice for a rookie, but it also felt like there was a lot of unfulfilled potential for what his rookie year could have been. Shepard's season was symbolic of the Giants passing game as a whole, in that it was often difficult to explain why it wasn't better.

RD 3, PICK 71: S Darian Thompson (Boise St.) - Thompson looked good in training camp and eventually earned the starting FS spot, but a foot injury in week 3 that he never returned from killed his season prematurely. Thompson is expected to be healthy and will likely be the other starting safety for 2017 opposite Landon Collins.

RD 4, PICK 109: LB B.J. Goodson - Goodson largely only saw time on special teams his rookie year, but the team is pretty high on him and he may compete for a starting LB spot this fall.

RD 5, PICK 149: RB Paul Perkins (UCLA) - Perkins spent the early part of the season behind a log jam at RB, but injuries and ineffectiveness gradually increased his workload as the season went on. He ended up averaging 4.1 YPC, even though the Giants finished 29th in the league in rushing and only averaged 3.5 YPC as a team. His best game of the year came in the final game of the regular season, when he rushed for 102 yards on 21 carries against the Redskins. Perkins could be the Giants starter when September comes, but there are still things he needs to work on and the job will have to be earned.

Round 6, PICK 184: TE Jerell Adams (South Carolina) - Adams started seeing the field more as the season went on because the Giants tight ends were fucking garbage and hey, why not. He showed some promise and looks like he could potentially develop into something solid, which is about all you can expect from a sixth round pick.

Overall a very nice draft by Reese and co., especially considering some of the complete disasters in years past.

The more Qb's taken early, the better it is for my Eagles. I really want Corey Davis and the only teams I could see taking him before us are Arizona or Cinci.

Hindl

Here's the Conley police report, censored. Reads much more coherently than the TMZ article:

http://woio.images.worldnow.com/images/13706611_G.jpg

Not gonna embed it because the text is admittedly tiny. The gist of it is the girl was out with friends, got in the elevator, and met Conley. Conley asked her if she wanted to come to his room. When they got in there was already Conley's friend and another girl and they were having sex. Conley asked if she wanted to have a foursome, she said she would rather watch them have sex and claimed to say this only as an excuse not to have sex with Conley. At this point there was the whole spining around and unbuttoning the pants, and he raped her before kicking her out of the room. The police take her story, go up to the room and get in. His friend and girlfriend admitted they were hooking up, and said that Conley kicked the victim out and she was mad that he kicked her out. They tried to interview the girl further at the hospital but she was too distraught and just wanted to go home

The more Qb's taken early, the better it is for my Eagles. I really want Corey Davis and the only teams I could see taking him before us are Arizona or Cinci.

Titans and Buffalo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom