• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 Arcade Release set for February 2015

shuri

Banned
allot of my childhood memories are of me playing Tekken and Time Crisis at the arcades. Are arcades still a pretty big deal in japan. Because all my childhood favorite arcades in the US closed down.
From what i've read, it seems that they arr starting to have problems and are following the same path than american arcades, aka games being replaced with redemption games and stuff like that

jett

D-Member
Is it me or SCV characters are still better looking? (Judging from the customization images)

Yeah in its current state it doesn't look at all impressive, the only thing that's stopping me from thinking it's a cross-gen game is that the use of UE4 was confirmed. :p

It's amazing that these ugly screens are the very first ones we get of the game.

"What are the odds it will be part of EVO 2015 lineup?"

Highly, highly unlikely. Bamco rarely (never?) releases home versions of arcade games in less than a year from their arcade launch. TTT2 was just barely under a year (3 days), not counting the TTT2U revision. Took Tekken 6 almost 2 years.

Dare to dream, though.

Zephyrus

Banned
I fucking hate customization.

I don't like having to deal with other people's bad taste.

Hope there's an option to disable them when I play online.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I gotta be honest, I was kinda expecting Blood Vengance type of graphics for nextgen
Anna_Williams_-_Screenshot_1_-_Tekken_Blood_Vengeance.jpg

Tekken_blood_vengeance_xiaoyu_vs_alisa_2.jpg

130954608199_3435023.jpg

Maybe even a little better its not like it's not possible.

jett

D-Member
I gotta be honest, I was kinda expecting Blood Vengance type of graphics for nextgen

130954608199_3435023.jpg

While I expected better than these ugly character models, I wouldn't have expected CGI either. :p

Sayah

YEEEES. This is great news. I'm expecting console release late 2015 or early 2016. Based on the location test footage, they do need to fix asuka and alisas face. Please let Anna and Nina be in the arcade release.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Considering It took Tekken 6 2 years to come to consoles after Arcade release.

No. Maybe it can have a quick turn around like Tekken 5 though.

Namco isn't going to make a Tekken 6 mistake again regarding the arcade-to-home release.

Sayad

The good thing, I'm now expecting console release late 2015/early 2016. Bad thing, I'm not expecting much of a graphical improvement over what we've seen in the loc-test and most of the returning characters will just be a copy-past of their TTT2 version.

Sayah

The good thing, I'm now expecting console release late 2015/early 2016. Bad thing, I'm not expecting much of a graphical improvement over what we've seen in the loc-test and most of the returning characters will just be a copy-past of their TTT2 version.

I think the game already looks really good as far hit effects, stages/backgrounds go. However, the character modeling could definitely be way better for SOME of the cast. Leo and Lili, for instance, looked fantastic. Asuka is all sorts of mess, though.

"The arcade machines are essentially PCs, right?"

I don't think there're any details on what the arcade board for this game is, yet. Historically, Tekken arcade boards are based on the same hardware as Playstations. If that's the case and it's based on PS4 hardware, then yes. But, that's not a particularly high-end PC.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

I don't think there's any details on what the arcade board for this game is, yet. Historically, Tekken arcade boards are based on the same hardware as Playstations.. If that's the case and it's based on PS4 hardware, then yes. But, that's not a particularly high-end PC.
I just figured they threw some COTS PC parts together like Sega did for VF. No reason to use an APU in an arcade machine.

Biker19

Banned

I don't think there's any details on what the arcade board for this game is, yet. Historically, Tekken arcade boards are based on the same hardware as Playstations. If that's the case and it's based on PS4 hardware, then yes. But, that's not a particularly high-end PC.

The Arcade versions of Tekken games were always ran off on Playstation hardware. Here's the list for it right here.

IIRC, he died in Tekken 6.

But there's a scene at the end of Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign story in which he would most likely be resurrected thanks to the devil gene inside of him (along with Jin still having the devil mark on his arm), just like at the end of Tekken 3 when he was resurrected by the devil gene after Heihachi & his forces shot him.

IIRC, he died in Tekken 6.

I don't remember that. I am pretty sure he survived in Tekken 6 after the battle at that temple.

EDIT: Forgot there was 2 stories, the other one says "they do not know if he is alive or dead."

From Tekkenpedia, Scenario Campaign.
Jin appears in the Scenario Campaign mode as the main antagonist in in the beginning. At the end of the mode, Jin reveals that he started a war to save the world from an evil creature named Azazel. Jin then kills Azazel and saves the world. Jin was found by Raven half-buried in the sand, naked. It is unknown if he lived or died.

Wesker28

But there's a scene at the end of Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign story in which he would most likely be resurrected thanks to the devil gene inside of him (along with Jin still having the devil mark on his arm), just like at the end of Tekken 3 when he was resurrected by the devil gene after Heihachi & his forces shot him.
I don't remember that. I am pretty sure he survived in Tekken 6 after the battle at that temple.

EDIT: Forgot there was 2 stories, the other one says "they do not know if he is alive or dead."

From Tekkenpedia, Scenario Campaign.
Jin appears in the Scenario Campaign mode as the main antagonist in in the beginning. At the end of the mode, Jin reveals that he started a war to save the world from an evil creature named Azazel. Jin then kills Azazel and saves the world. Jin was found by Raven half-buried in the sand, naked. It is unknown if he lived or died.
Yes, I was referring to the last scene from the Scenario Campaign.
So, Jin's death hasn't been confirmed yet, huh? Cool. Thank you guys for clearing that up.

Whoa. The release date is much sooner than I was thinking. I thought it'd be out by around June or something. Hope that means that the consoles will get it by the end of 2015! (Yeah right... :( ).

Those customizations look really good too. Dragunov really looks like something out of MGS (it'd be awesome to combine that with an aura!). Nice outfit for Leo as well, but I'm really hoping that she'll also get some cool, somewhat-feminine costume options in T7.

Also, with a february release date, I guess that means that we'll be seeing some pretty regular character reveals! Really looking forward to seeing the whole cast (My brother's gonna be so sad when Baek's confirmed to not be in T7!).

Aw man! I didn't know that. (Guess I tried really hard to forget everything regarding the Scenario Campaign.) I hope Jin's in T7, I really enjoy playing as him.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
"Maybe even a little better its not like it's not possible."

How sure are you of that?
In terms of texture details and character models on PC-Current-Gen yeah
We have lastgen ports with better model's
Haha what?

Even if it was possible to achieve that look, you have to remember that one of their top priorities is maintaining a solid 60 FPS.
I'm sure they can, and I don't mean for it to look CG, I mean thecharacter model's could be better, forget all the AA and filter's it would need to look like that, I'm just going on about the model's.
The model's in T7 looks like a lastgen version is highly likely.

MQX

tk702.jpg

I don't understand the chart? What does it mean? o.o(the chart under Japan)

tk703.jpg

3 new Tekken Ranks? :O

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Oh wow, yuck at those customizations. Hope they have more stuff that looks like things that a given character would actually wear. Tekken 6 was pretty good about that with a few exceptions.

Coda

I think this looks like the best Tekken yet. I can't wait to actually see it in motion. Things always look much better on your actual screen than a direct feed.

HeelPower

130954608199_3435023.jpg

What ? no..

No game will look as good as Blood Vengeance this gen.I don't think so.

Especially in motion.

Top Bottom