• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Was interested in seeing if the Blazers could possibly get the 7th seed from the Grizzlies. Technically 6th seed is also in contention, but I sorta doubt it...

Memphis Grizzlies Record: 41-34; 7-10 since ASB, 5-4 since Parsons stopped playing

Portland Trailblazers Record: 37-38; 14-5 since ASB

Grizzlies would need to lose at least four games for the Blazers to have a chance at capturing 7th seed. 538 currently puts the Grizzlies at a 46-36 record and the Trailblazers at a 41-41 record.

I put the schedules, with 538's predicted chance to win in parentheses

Memphis Grizzlies Schedule:
vs Mavericks (74%)
@ Lakers (71%)
@ Spurs (18%)
vs Thunder (back to back) (58%)
vs Knicks (85%)
vs Pistons (77%)
vs Mavericks (79%)

Portland Trailblazers Schedule:
vs Suns (88%)
@ Timberwolves (43%)
@ Jazz (back to back) (25%)
vs Timberwolves (71%)
vs Jazz (67%)
vs Spurs (47%) -> I doubt it, unless 1st seed is in play, I bet Pop rests his starters.
vs Pelicans (75%)

TrailBlazers need to win at least 4 more games to have a chance of taking the 7th seed (they have the tie-breaker). It's doubtful, but possible

Fjordson

Newest episode of Bill Simmons' podcast is a long interview with Kevin Durant. Unsurprisingly it's fantastic.

KD said he heard a crack with his leg when Zaza first fell on him and that when he first got to the hospital they assumed he had fractured his leg. Holy fuck.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
uIiOdtR.jpg

cavs roll'd

TTG

If I was Harden I would want to play 35+ minutes in every single game for the remainder of the year. This must feel like a second chance after how the narrative changed on him last season and it may never come again.

Silkworm

Well looks like the Cavs are at least taking care of business against the 76ers today.

Meanwhile the Czzzzzzz :-\ Lots of time to turn it around as there's another half to be played, but if the Celtics lose to the Magic today for their second straight home loss.... *sigh*

Silkworm

We're not losing to the Magic, are we?

I sure hope not, but it's getting dicey. :-\

edit: So many missed shots by both teams down the stretch. Celtics eek out a win at home against the mighty Magic. I know a win's a win but come on. :-\

edit2:

1:08 Terrence Ross misses 26-foot three point jumper 116 - 117
1:07 Amir Johnson defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:47 Isaiah Thomas misses layup 116 - 117
0:46 Al Horford offensive rebound 116 - 117
0:43 Jae Crowder misses three point jumper 116 - 117
0:43 Elfrid Payton defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:35 Terrence Ross misses 25-foot three point jumper 116 - 117
0:34 Al Horford defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:13 Isaiah Thomas misses 23-foot jumper 116 - 117
0:12 Terrence Ross defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:02 Elfrid Payton misses layup 116 - 117
0:01 Al Horford defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:00 End of the 4th Quarter

Barf.

edit: So many missed shots by both teams down the stretch. Celtics eek out a win at home against the mighty Magic. I know a win's a win but come on. :-\

Ugly win, but a win is a win and vice versa lol. Team is inconsistent, let's hope they get back to being good in time for the playoffs.

Danny should have traded for a big man. This team absolutely needs something better than Amir.

Tom Penny

edit2:

0:00 End of Game 116 - 117
0:00 End of the 4th Quarter 116 - 117
0:00 Al Horford defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:00 Elfrid Payton misses layup 116 - 117
0:12 Terrence Ross defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:13 Isaiah Thomas misses 26-foot three point jumper 116 - 117
0:34 Al Horford defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:35 Terrence Ross misses 25-foot three point jumper 116 - 117
0:43 Elfrid Payton defensive rebound 116 - 117
0:43 Jae Crowder misses three point jumper 116 - 117
0:46 Al Horford offensive rebound 116 - 117
0:47 Isaiah Thomas misses layup 116 - 117
1:07 Amir Johnson defensive rebound 116 - 117
1:08 Terrence Ross misses 26-foot three point jumper

Barf.

Get used to it. Any off night by IT in the playoffs is an auto L. No offense threats around him.

Silkworm

Get used to it. Any off night by IT in the playoffs is an auto L. No offense threats around him.

Maybe that will change in the off-season. I hope. Come on Ainge, give IT some help :)

Ugly win, but a win is a win and vice versa lol. Team is inconsistent, let's hope they get back to being good in time for the playoffs.

Danny should have traded for a big man. This team absolutely needs something better than Amir.

Yeah, sorry didn't mean to get too down on them. Just thought the C's could get some easy wins at this point in their schedule. Ah well, it is what it is. As long as they are healthy and find a groove in the playoffs, I hope that Coach Stevens and company can see themselves past the first round (and hopefully beyond) :)

Yeah, sorry didn't mean to get too down on them. Just thought the C's could get some easy wins at this point in their schedule. Ah well, it is what it is. As long as they are healthy and find a groove in the playoffs, I hope that Coach Stevens and company can see themselves past the first round (and hopefully beyond) :)

I absolutely get you man, this team is absolutely infuriating at times. They're inconsistent in all levels. Game to game, quarter to quarter, possession to possession. To me it speaks volume to the quality of the work Stevens has done, when you look at the roster it's easy to see why they're inconsistent. It's a team of role players. At times they will click and it will be beautiful, but at times they will nearly lose to the fucking Magic. Coach is great and there's more hopefully more talent in the way, so as much as they annoy me at times it's really hard not to be positive.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Knicks actually play good without Melo and Rose. Those young kids is energetic.....

Mindboggling that they're not allowing themselves a better shot at a top 3 pick. This organization continuously finds new ways to shoot themselves in the foot. Hell, at this point both feet are blown clean off.

Silkworm

I absolutely get you man, this team is absolutely infuriating at times. They're inconsistent in all levels. Game to game, quarter to quarter, possession to possession. To me it speaks volume to the quality of the work Stevens has done, when you look at the roster it's easy to see why they're inconsistent. It's a team of role players. At times they will click and it will be beautiful, but at times they will nearly lose to the fucking Magic. Coach is great and there's more hopefully more talent in the way, so as much as they annoy me at times it's really hard not to be positive.

Oh yeah, the future is bright :) There's a lot to like looking forward. I know it's a "process" but seeing the Cavs slip lately makes me greedy to see the Celtics take advantage of that. Of course if they manage to make it out the East (which seems like a long shot, but who knows) I wouldn't like their chances against in the Finals against the West, whoever that ends up being. Celtics obviously need some more pieces to put together a championship caliber team, so I guess I'll just relax and enjoy the ride for now :-D

Lol Heat missing two easy lay ups late in the 4th.

On the bright side, this game might cause the Knicks to miss out on a higher draft pick, so they can continue their nearly 20 years of irrelevance. Trash franchise lmao

Top Bottom