• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

chadskin

Hello GT Community — I am sharing some news today that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport to 2017. GT Sport is Polyphony’s foremost competitive gaming title, with high expectations from both the fans and from within our team.

From the start this title has been one of our most ambitious undertakings by using the latest technologies, such as physics-based rendering and sound simulations, and Scapes photo mode. In combining these features with a new Sport mode, we are offering a competitive gaming experience to truly reinvent what it means to be a racing game. We’ve been excited and humbled by the response each time that we’ve shared new gameplay with everyone.

However, as we approach our planned release date in November, we realize we need more time to perfect GT Sport, which we’ve already dedicated so much effort towards since announcing the title. We do not want to compromise the experience in any way. While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date.

GT Sport will continue to be shown at several gaming events around the world. I hope everyone has the opportunity to experience first-hand the yet-to-be revealed cutting edge experiences that will be achieved by GT Sport.
Thank you for all your continued support.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/30/gran-turismo-sport-update/

Celcius

°Temp. member
Wow, first FFXV and now this.... I didn't see that one coming.
"While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time..." :(
Still though, I'd rather see it delayed than released unfinished.

kinda fed up of all these PlayStation "updates" tbh

Uncharted 4 "update"

PS Plus "update"

Gran Turismo Sport "update"

just give us more info in the tweet thanks

Ridiculous.

Seriously what do they do at Polyphony? Turn 10 have no problems getting out Forza every 2 years.

Any other studio and Sony would have closed them down with all these delayed games.

DKHF

Kind of sucks for those who were excited but since it will ultimately mean a better game it's for the best.

GlamFM

Banned
Here are my impressions from the Gamescom version:

GT Sport

Rough. Everybody picked the Nordschleife - I went for some daytime Tokyo city-track.
Environment looked super bland and every car on screen seemed to reduce the framerate significantly.

So yeah..... take your time. This was not ready for primetime at all.

Fox Mulder

vague "2017", im shocked.

I love racing games, which is why I went with Forza years ago. Their stuff is great and comes out like clockwork. Was looking forward to playing this on my ps4 though, but I've got a new forza horizon and f1 to keep me happy. Sony killed Driveclub while PD is consistently slow as fuck with their games.

DavidDesu

Fucking shockerooney.

Ridiculous. Urgh. Just as well F1 2016 is genuinely pretty damn good, and fun (and Assetto Corsa looks interesting if the game can get some performance updates).

Hanmik

YH044V3.gif

Polyphony are such an incompetent developer. If their IP didn't sell millions they would have been in trouble long ago.

More framerate issues and other jankiness incoming

Wow..
I'm actually surprised by this. They announced the release date like 6 months ago..? It is PD after all. When's the last time their games have released on time? *insert Miyamoto quote here*

Well, there's one gaping hole in the holiday line up now. And after the NMS flop, what's left? Last Guardian (
I swear to God Sony.. Don't you fucking dare
), Nioh, and Gravity Rush 2? All pretty niche if you ask me.

Wollan

Evolution Studios tripped-up bad with initial DriveClub release but Sony should have seen is a growing-pain for the studio. Will be picking up DriveClub VR.

jett

D-Member
Not even a general timeframe or season, just 2017. lol.

One of these days Sony is really gonna have to rescind Yamauchi's free reign card.

THE:MILKMAN

Polyphony are such an incompetent developer. If their IP didn't sell millions they would have been in trouble long ago.

More framerate issues and other jankiness incoming

Delayed for Zen! Sony's September event to announce Neo delay?

In all seriousness, there is something not right with Sony's internal studios for virtually every game to get delayed.

Top Bottom