• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
Live in the UK and would really like the borderlands deal on amazon

not sure if I paypal someone in the USA they could gift it to me?

Just add an american address, I use

DEADLIEST CATCH DEADLIEST CATCH GENERAL DELIVERY DUTCH HARBOR, ALASKA 99692-9999 United States

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question:

If someone gifts me the Orange Box on Steam, are TF 2, Half-Life 2 and Portal uncut?

I'm from Germany and I can only buy the cut versions :(

Thanks in advance

Phinor

So.. this is new, right? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/b/?node=2683270031

UK Amazon starting to sell digital games (and other software). I mean we've pretty much known for a while that this was going to happen but this is a definitive step. And because it would be too convenient to sell games to everyone, they are going to restrict this to UK customers only.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I'm excited.

But can you please not make the same mistake the binding of issac did and allow us to turn on and off stuff instead of just being stuck with new stuff if we end up not liking it?

Um, I'm not sure that would be possible I'm afraid as it's a mixture of things that would need switching off and on. Could you elaborate on things Binding of Isaac did that you didn't like? Perhaps we could avoid making any mistakes with our extra content at least so you won't not like it? <:D

By the way we're definitely interested in adding Trading Cards to Super House of Dead Ninjas - however there is no release date on this as it's going to take me bloody ages to draw all-new art for them, so I can't be certain on when the job will be done. Sorry!

derExperte

UK Amazon starting to sell digital games (and other software). I mean we've pretty much known for a while that this was going to happen but this is a definitive step. And because it would be too convenient to sell games to everyone, they are going to restrict this to UK customers only.

If it's 'restricted' like amazon.com I won't complain. But don't expect the same great deals, amazon.de is selling digital for a while now and it hasn't been particularly exciting.

Doesn't seem to work for me at all maybe its not available to Irish customers

Addnan

Don't think its working properly yet. I'm from the UK and when I try to add a game to the basket this comes up.

We're sorry. We could not process your order because of geographical restrictions on the product which you were attempting to purchase. Please refer to the terms of use for this product to determine the geographical restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience.

derExperte

On a completely different note, a quick question: is Q.U.B.E. worth my time? I'm trying to trim my backlog before the inevitable hoarding of new games.

Short and sweet, it should take you around 3-4 hours max and the puzzles stay interesting as they keep introducing new elements.

Man I think I'm screwed on this Metro Last Light game. I'm at this boss and I'm low on both ammo and air.

What to do?

Do you have other stuff like trip-mines? Because there was one boss where I almost ran out of ammo but then realized it would have been way better to finally start using the things I hoarded all the time.

FloatOn

Do you have other stuff like trip-mines? Because there was one boss where I almost ran out of ammo but then realized it would have been way better to finally start using the things I hoarded all the time.

I have a bunch of molotovs and pipe bombs. It sucks because I have tons of other ammo types but the guns I have apparently can't use it.

I'll keep trying. It's the big monster that comes out of the marshes while you are trying to meet up with the other rangers at the church btw.

krumble

Use a fake US billing address. Like Google's HQ address

God slap me over the head - was really that simple

I'd gone into manage my kindle for digital and changed all address in there hoping it would recognise it and there - bang just change the address on the billing page

derExperte

I have a bunch of molotovs and pipe bombs. It sucks because I have tons of other ammo types but the guns I have apparently can't use it.

That's why I never carried two guns that use the same ammo. You could maybe also use the stronger ammo that's used for currency but I don't know if it works for everything.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question:

If someone gifts me the Orange Box on Steam, are TF 2, Half-Life 2 and Portal uncut?

I'm from Germany and I can only buy the cut versions :(

Thanks in advance
TF2, HL2 and Portal are cut over there? What the fuck? They don't even show a single drop of blood, are they out of their minds?

Man I think I'm screwed on this Metro Last Light game. I'm at this boss and I'm low on both ammo and air.

What to do?
DNSTUFF, or just DNWEAPONS if you don't want items nor keys.

TF2, HL2 and Portal are cut over there? What the fuck? They don't even show a single drop of blood, are they out of their minds?

When the games came out here the rating and censoring was stricter. Now almost all games come out uncut afaik. Some with big fat UNCUT symbols on the boxart.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Shank games sound shorter than I thought. I should play through those this afternoon.

The_Monk

Can any kind fellow GAFfer explain why I do not have access to my saved games when I go from Windows7 to play a game on my Mac?

Installed Shank and Xcom and none of my saves are there. Do I need to do something to bring my saves to the Mac side? For some reason Bastion had my old save file when I tried.

Thanks in advance fellow GAFfers.

derExperte

Yea, I don't get how you can cut portal..

You can't and that's why it's not.

A friend bought the Orange Box for Xbox back in the day and there Portal was cut in the sense that all blood was black instead of red. So all hand prints on walls and when you get shot by a turrent will have black blood stains.

Checked schnittberichte.com and it looks you are right. That's so dumb it's kind of funny and I don't think this would happen today anymore. Actually in the comments some say they don't see the changes and afair there was an update that changed some of that stuff back.

masterkajo

A friend bought the Orange Box for Xbox back in the day and there Portal was cut in the sense that all blood was black instead of red. So all hand prints on walls and when you get shot by a turrent will have black blood stains.

Tomodachi

Short and sweet, it should take you around 3-4 hours max and the puzzles stay interesting as they keep introducing new elements.

It's one of a very select group of indie games I don't consider to be a turd.

Thanks, already played a couple of minutes and I'm loving the visual style and the mechanics seem neat. I'll have to force v-sync from the nvidia panel though, the ingame setting doesn't seem to have any effect. Never seen so much tearing, weird.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's just my cheapass side screaming but the indie bundles look less appealing when the dollar is higher than usual here. I'll wait a couple of days to see if it goes down some cents.

Caving in right now. I think it's safe to assume it won't get much cheaper than that anytime soon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd only use such things if I absolutely had to.
So are you trying to figure out a magic strategy that gets you through the boss when your overall game strategy led you to a failing position? It's survival horror, right? Needing to start over if you didn't play smart enough for it is part of the design. Your options are:

1) The chore of starting over from far back and doing better next time.
2) The chore of figuring out how to beat a hard boss with no resources
may actually be impossible.
3) Cheat because fuck turning games into chores.

ShaneB

Because they had a 33% off pre-order discount?

I am having lots of fun with Rogue Legacy so far. It isn't FTL good, but I think it is absolutely worth $15. First game I have pre-ordered in a long time.

Yeah, I know it had the discount from their own site (which I missed), but it's still annoying that it wasn't available to preorder on Steam with my steam bucks, and to launch without any slight discount too, even a measly 10%, it's more psychological than anything, just to see that little green bar showing some savings. Still enjoying it a hell of a lot though.

is Shank 1 worth it? Already own Shank 2 but haven't played it yet, so if it's better I think I'll just skip the first.

I wouldn't personally call the sequel better, just more of the same. There is one exceptionally annoying level in the first game though. I did like how the co-op was a prequel to the solo game with completely different levels and bosses.

2599616609_1e28e947db.jpg

Well I dunno about that...

Grief.exe

I tried to load the page before but it stalled at the redirection. It's in the first week of July, right? That would mean Halo 2 would be without MP support for at least ~a week. Not exactly a cataclysmic event, but I figured Microsoft would have something in the pipeline so the transition would be smoother.

I'd literally swoon. :p

I'm thinking that the servers will stay up until they make an announcement.

They aren't just going to shut the servers down because an arbitrary date was passed. They will have something in place first.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, that's how it generally works with gifts.

Well, of course Portal is not censored, because there is nothing to be censored...my fault.

But Half-Life and TF 2 are definitely censored, as you can see here

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4610

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4539

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Not hundred procent Steam related but ARGH! Have to wait another week for my rigg. This time due to strikes at the mail service. First the 660Ti wasn't available, now it is but I choose to get a 770 Lightning, and now that's unavailable. :(
I'm waiting for it since the 25th of May...

No Witcher 2 for me just yet, so it seems. Heh.

I don't see TitanFall coming to steam, it will probably require integration with origin or something (like B3 needed), if push comes to shove just add Titanfall as a shortcut to steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom