• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

The End

I got uh

Cat Girl, French Saber, and that 5-star kaleiscope thingy

how do i use that

I'm about to get enough for another 10-pull, pretty badly want Altera or Jeanne D'arc

Zanzura

Something I'd like to see more people doing, stop putting the Beginning of the Journey (+75 FP) CE on your Supports. It's actually better to put it on Mash or someone with low cost in your sub-member slot. Later on, you'll encounter NPC supports that you can use for some story quests that give 200 FP, having the CE equipped in your party means you'll be getting 275 FP from using them instead. This also applies to any of your friends' support you call in. So yeah, stop having these great servants with a largely useless CE equipped. It does not stack with itself either, so no, having it equipped on both your support and in your party is also pointless.

Get that early FP boost and do more 10x Friend Point Summons to power up your Servants/Craft Essences faster.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I really would like to see less 5* with a useless CE attached to them.

vareon

How are people enjoying the game? Also are people quitting cuz of reroll hell?

Really enjoying it when I got to Orleans, the translation seems a lot better there.

Question---I got Robin Hood, my friend who played JP said he's good, so should I build him? Liked his design, but he'll take quite some time to build.

I picked up FEH and FGO recently in the past month... The lack of any compelling story in FEH had me dropping that like a brick, but FGO's story has been interesting so far to keep me engaged. Halfway through Orleans right now.

I don't like the hand I've drawn, but I'll live. At least give me Blue Seiba or Jeannu if you're not going to give me Heracles or Archer.

DDYt2ObVoAACW2G.jpg

Aquila

I'm not even going to bother rerolling anymore. That 1% 5* chance plus the number of steps just to finish the tutorial is not worth it to me. I actually rolled Vlad, Alteria, and even Jeanne on separate rolls but the the entire rest of the selection was garbage.

I really wanted Heracles and Emiya and was lucky enough to have a saved roll with them and a kaleidoscope essence so I'd say I'm good. I'll use the free 4* selection for Tamamo Cat and that'll probably carry me for awhile.

Really enjoying it when I got to Orleans, the translation seems a lot better there.

Question---I got Robin Hood, my friend who played JP said he's good, so should I build him? Liked his design, but he'll take quite some time to build.

Robin Hood is amazing. Inflict poison on someone, use his NP, and watch the fireworks.

Why is Tamamo cat so desired? Does it have good skills or something?

Between all the 4* servants I have now, Tamacat hits the hardest (due to Berserker) and has a very good NP that not only hits all enemies, but heals herself after using. Other than the higher level support friend, she's pretty much being carrying the rest of my shit rolls.

Azusa

Did you guys spend all the Exp Up and Status Up on one servant or spread it out? what's the strategy?

I have maxed my main servant (4*) first (up to level 40) then I leveled few 3* and only after that I ascended my 4* and started to level her further. And yes I used all status up on my main 4* servant.

Also you will see that at some point 3* EXP cards give too little exp to high leveled servants so its better to use them on lvl 1 servants to get better stat boost.

Why is Tamamo cat so desired? Does it have good skills or something?

Tamamo CAT is a FOX dressed up as a CAT
That's all you need to know

Actually, Tamamo CAT is a very good AoE Berserker, she hits hard like all Berserkers and her hilarious NP (Opulence of Sun and Shine and Catnap) is a great one for farming because it's AoE.

Heracles easily outclasses her in damage and his NP is single target so it's the boss-killer, but you would still take Tamamo CAT over BerserCar for farms.

The best thing to do in the early game is to have both. Heracles is pretty much the best single target Berserker you have available until ORAORAORAORAORAAAA, I mean Kintoki, becomes available later on.

Did you guys spend all the Exp Up and Status Up on one servant or spread it out? what's the strategy?

I'm spreading it out, but it's clearly not the most optimal approach. That being said, I'm having a lot of fun playing out story missions at the same recommended level since it can be a bit tough.

SeanTSC

So, after grinding quite a bit on the 40 AP dailies and leveling up a few units...

People really were NOT understating how little Star rating matters. I've Ascended various ones and played around with various people's Support units. I got my Altera to 60/60, Carmilla to 40/50, Mash to 30/30, and Cu Chulaain to 37/40. I've used maxed out Jeannes, Wavers, Arturias, Heracles, etc from friend units.

Unit types, rock-paper-scissors, and unit skill sets seem to matter so much more than max levels and base ratings. Sooooooo much more. I've used units way above the level off stuff but with a bad composition it was like running into a brick wall and I've used units quite a bit below level but the right types and I just steamrolled things.

...and Cu Chulaain is fucking beast.

Failed to see a single 5* servant for a whole day. In the end, went with Cat, Bathory and Carmilla (a lineup only assembled by spending every pull I had).

And yet it's still a good idea to get Heracles? Just double-team him with Cat and smash everything? If so, do you want an attack buffer or a defense buffer to go with that?

Also I'm getting buried in piles of archer and caster XP. Any point in actually waiting for an archer or caster to spend this on? For casters I guess I have Cu or Mephistopheles but I'm stuck with a 1* archer.

bilas

Banned
You should. I have completed Orleans map on the first day, almost didnt farm EXP. You should be fine.

OK thanks, two more questions, what is servant bound? Saber Lily just got leveled up on that..Also, I can't use the NP from friends because I don't have that servant myself?

Azusa

OK thanks, two more questions, what is servant bound? Saber Lily just got leveled up on that..Also, I can't use the NP from friends because I don't have that servant myself?

You can use support NP only if its a friend servant. If you are using stranger servant NP will be disabled.

Bond is mostly to unlock new information in profile and some strengthening quests later.. Also at bond 10 you will get special Craft Essence for this servant.

Quonny

Now that I'm actually paying attention to the story (and went back and watched all of F in one sitting) this seems like it's gonna be a dumb, fun ride.

Arabesque

Failed to see a single 5* servant for a whole day. In the end, went with Cat, Bathory and Carmilla (a lineup only assembled by spending every pull I had).

And yet it's still a good idea to get Heracles? Just double-team him with Cat and smash everything? If so, do you want an attack buffer or a defense buffer to go with that?

Also I'm getting buried in piles of archer and caster XP. Any point in actually waiting for an archer or caster to spend this on? For casters I guess I have Cu or Mephistopheles but I'm stuck with a 1* archer.

You could do that, Berserker runs are a thing and generally work, but they are as close as you can get to making a suicide squad team in this game due to the glass canon nature of them.

Speaking from experience, unless the defence buff is well levelled/actually high enough, it's better to go with attack buffs in Berserker focused teams. You will get later on down the road more defence buff servants which will be incredibly helpful in letting your Berserkers survive, but since this is early game, I'd recommend going "Heracles Smash" and "Cat Clobbering Time".

Heracles/Cat/Mash is a good team to field, as well as Heracles/Cat/Berserkers/Berserkers/Berserkers, just for full on YOLO effect

For the EXP, you get a bonus if you use them on the servant of the corespondent class, but from a pure numbers perspective, it is only useful with Gold EXP. Focus on feeding any bronze and silver EXP to one servant at a time to get them to a high enough level, then stuff them with Gold EXP from that point onwards to preserve QP and have faster and more efficient levelling.

For Casters, of the 2 I guess Cu is cooler, but neither are all that strong (Caster class is really focused on being supportive rather than damage dealers, but they are useful in dealing with hard Assassins). The 1* Archer is Arash, right? He's actually pretty strong, though since his NP is one-shot and he dies after using it, it might be hard to use him now.

I am having a good time, all things considered. The translation issues are improved post the prologue thankfully, and I am enjoying reliving all my favourite moments replaying Orleans in English:

Nothing more French than a Japanese farmer going dragon hunting in the fields of Orleans.

Sadly, given Septem is next, I fear people might be disappointed haha haaaaaaa

But it is an alright start for the game. Much better than how the Japanese launch went, and the servers are handling it without melting down like it does with the Japanese version every hour.

I'm looking forward to seeing what people say about the story once the 4th Order is out, since that is when the writing begins to change from the basic stuff we had to the more elaborate Orders later on.

Goroh

I got a couple nice accounts that i dont use.
The first has Altera, Stheno and Kaleidoscope.
The second has Vlad, Hercules, Emiya and Lancelot.

I'll pm them to whoever need them, first to quote wins.

Question - I'm keeping 1 copy of each 1-3* servant - but what about duplicates - do I use them to level up their noble phantasms and once that is maxed just feed them as fodder to other servants ?

I just got Sasaki Kojiro (1*) and just entered Orleans. Apparently he's useful there?

He's an Assassin with class advantage against the Rider-class Dragons there, has a skillset and cardset QQQAB that lets him do what he's good at very efficiently and a strong Noble Phantasm that can be very easily powered up due to him being a 1* Servant.

Not for nothing is he the REGEND

Tu101uk

I think it may have been mentioned during the tutorial but are there "elemental" weaknesses in the game?
Weaknesses in this game are determined by class. For the seven main classes, it determines both damage done and damage taken.

Saber > Lancer > Archer > Saber

Rider > Caster > Assassin > Rider

Berserker > All (except Shielder) > Berserker

Shielder is not strong or weak to anything.

Ruler is weak only to Berserker and takes reduced damage against other classes (except Shielder who does normal damage). Gives more damage to Berserker and normal damage to everyone else.

OVDRobo

How strong are 40 ap daily quest's enemies, compared to 30 ap ones?

Basically take the gold enemy you get as the last boss of the 30AP quest and make it every enemy. Around 22k HP per enemy. It's doable with a good counter unit even this early (I use Cu Chulainn for the archer 40AP quest and manage because of his insane mitigation). You can fall back on Command seals 3 times individually or once if you accidentally wipe. It can be worth it just for the Master Rank experience and the number of gold EXP cards you get.

Mupod

I think I've got the hang of the battle system. Figured out how to farm the 30AP ember daily pretty efficiently with Tamamo Cat, Vlad and a borrowed Jeanne. I'm still a good ways from having level 40 servants, so I haven't tackled the 40 AP one yet. I also assume at some point I may need an actual team composition instead of just berserker smash.

Hit master level 20 before I decided to actually go to sleep. It's nice that I have enough capacity to equip craft essences on everyone now, at least.

Basically take the gold enemy you get as the last boss of the 30AP quest and make it every enemy. Around 22k HP per enemy. It's doable with a good counter unit even this early (I use Cu Chulainn for the archer 40AP quest and manage because of his insane mitigation). You can fall back on Command seals 3 times individually or once if you accidentally wipe. It can be worth it just for the Master Rank experience and the number of gold EXP cards you get.

Yikes. Maybe I'll stick to the 30AP one for a while longer. I do have a Lancer Cu Chulainn and would like to level him up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom