• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazzt

Basically take the gold enemy you get as the last boss of the 30AP quest and make it every enemy. Around 22k HP per enemy. It's doable with a good counter unit even this early (I use Cu Chulainn for the archer 40AP quest and manage because of his insane mitigation). You can fall back on Command seals 3 times individually or once if you accidentally wipe. It can be worth it just for the Master Rank experience and the number of gold EXP cards you get.
Thanks. I've been farming current archer quest, but wondering if I should also complete the event quest. I think it wastes too much AP.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Everyone should be farming Mana Prisms right now to get their 5 summoning tickets before the end of the month. For those curious about daily reset, it happens 11pm CDT.

xequalsy

Everyone should be farming Mana Prisms right now to get their 5 summoning tickets before the end of the month. For those curious about daily reset, it happens 11pm CDT.

Do the summoning tickets refresh each month then? It says "Over 1 Year" time remaining.

coy

Reroll hell but worth it. After only receiving 4* and 5* CE for my rolls, I finally hit a 5* Servant and it's Waver! Plus I lucked out and picked up both Tamamo Cat and Emiya from the tutorial roll. Now to catch up on this thread and add folks.

Cleared the prologue, but haven't stepped into Orleans yet. Been farming the 30 AP daily and its been ok once I got the hang of the battle system. So far what has been working for me is
1. Charge NP with blue arts and unleash them all with the NP buff from Altera, Works best with a Ruler friend. Also chaining Marie (4* Rider) NP after Ruler's means no self-stun at all (also works with Cat, but its harder to charge up NP then).

2. Buster Spam with Berzerker friends. Kind of self explanatory.Faster when it works, but a concentrated chain of attacks can kill Cat or Herc.

Kind of debating who to pick for the free 4* between EMIYA and Herc

Herc
Powerful and easy to use.
Great single target damage
Durable later on

EMIYA
Lots of blue cards to help Spam NP
Unlimited Blade Works
He's cool

I have 0 archers and 3* Kiyohime (already lvl 30) for Berzerker if that makes any difference.

Also slowly lvling my Fate Stay Night team for the story =) I like the classics

Saber (4* Saber Lily)
Archer (See above)
Lancer (3* Cu Chulain)
Rider (3* Medusa)
Caster (3* Medea)
Assassin (1* Sasaki Kojirou)
Berserker (See above)

Kinda cheating for Saber, and can only get one of Archer and Berzerker but you can only have 6 in a party anyway. Maybe I should roll and get one of the 2 so I don't need to decide.

Just sent out some friend requests.

I've got Heracles and Waver if you're lookin' for some help. ID: 048,671,386

Really enjoying it when I got to Orleans, the translation seems a lot better there.

I noticed this as well or at least it feels like there's more personality coming out of the new characters that are being introduced.

DDaUeVHUwAAP7TC.jpg

Also question: I've only been using Tamamo Cat and Saber Lily. Mash is in my one sub and I just select whomever I can find that gives me the most friend points for support.

Should I actually be using and leveling the other Servants I have?

Cursed Arm Hassan and Medea are both really good from your current stock. Emiya will end up very good in the long run, which is the opposite of Saber Lily whose usefulness falls off a cliff.

Hubb

Sorry, where do you see this list?

Shop > Exchange Mana Prisms > It is the first item. It does say remaining time over 1 year though, so I have no idea if it refreshes every month or what. Either way not sure I will get 70ish more mana prisms before the end of this month.

Shop > Exchange Mana Prisms > It is the first item. It does say remaining time over 1 year though, so I have no idea if it refreshes every month or what. Either way not sure I will get 70ish more mana prisms before the end of this month.

Burning a lvl 3 exp card nets you a mana prism. And they're otherwise going to be obsolete very soon anyway.

Basoes

Jeanne is at 53 and her hp is at 9999....that tease >.>

it refreshes every month

Pejo

So what do I do with all the duplicate crafting essence cards? It seems to be different than leveling up a servant, just want to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid by fusing them into themselves.

pahamrick

Saved up another 30 shards from doing story stuff + the launch freebies. Figured I'd do just -one- more 10 pull in hopes of maybe getting Jeanne or Waver.

Well, at least I have a total of 3 kaleidoscopes now -- so that's something.

T-Rex.

Banned
Also question: I've only been using Tamamo Cat and Saber Lily. Mash is in my one sub and I just select whomever I can find that gives me the most friend points for support.

Should I actually be using and leveling the other Servants I have?
It'll make things easier down the line when you need to pay attention to the party composition so I would recommend levelling them up. Plus Emiya has the coolest NP so you should be using him more anyway!

Edit: oh yeah, my friend code: 479-864-625.

MiTYH

Cheers, found it there, thanks

Also, for the daily missions, how do you do the one called "Acquire 1 gem, magic gem, or secret gem from daily quests." I've done all the ones I can (10/20 stamina) and it hasn't cleared yet

Basoes

It'll make things easier down the line when you need to pay attention to the party composition so I would recommend levelling them up. Plus Emiya has the coolest NP so you should be using him more anyway!

I dunno Gorgon has an amazing NP

Cheers, found it there, thanks

Also, for the daily missions, how do you do the one called "Acquire 1 gem, magic gem, or secret gem from daily quests." I've done all the ones I can (10/20 stamina) and it hasn't cleared yet

AFAIK it's tied to a daily that hasn't actually popped up as part of the rotation yet. Wait a couple days.

Cursed Arm Hassan and Medea are both really good from your current stock. Emiya will end up very good in the long run, which is the opposite of Saber Lily whose usefulness falls off a cliff.

Edit: oh yeah, my friend code: 479-864-625.
Thanks for the tips!

Adeptrain

thx. so dupes are only useful for increasing their NP's?

Also, how can I make the pic smaller? I kept trying different links from imgur, but I failed...

Is there a way to play it if it hasn't been released in my country? I'm from Mexico, and if Terra Battle is to be considered as a precedent, it won't be released here.

Yes, mostly because 5* are quite a rarity and you get to pick a 4* soon. (including Hercules)

I thought this might be the case. Fair enough. Thanks.

Do you reroll right after the tutuorial and free roll? Don't do any friend rolls?

Edit: Curse my OCD, I'll be here rerolling till the end of time.

Got Heracles and Robin Hood in my first roll, so I think I'm good with those + 5 star supports for now. The promo Saber Lily's been totally useless so far, does she ever get any good?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I noticed the AI would focus on my Seiba Lily like 70% of the time before I rotated her out. Like they knew she was trash.

Pejo

So what do I do with all the duplicate crafting essence cards? It seems to be different than leveling up a servant, just want to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid by fusing them into themselves.

Anybody got any advice here?

Also, is there a wiki page somewhere showing character unlock points for the gacha? I remember reading that Alter Jeanne and Nero are unlocked after you hit certain story points, but I'm not sure who else and when they are unlocked.

Basoes

Anybody got any advice here?

Also, is there a wiki page somewhere showing character unlock points for the gacha? I remember reading that Alter Jeanne and Nero are unlocked after you hit certain story points, but I'm not sure who else and when they are unlocked.

you fuse the dupes to increase their level cap and after doing it enough time their effect increases as well, depending on how rare the CEs are/good they are sometimes it's best not to fuse so you can put them on more than 1 servant

Alter Jeanne is not story locked, she is event limited. here is the list of unlocks

Artoria Pendragon (Alter) & Cu Chulainn (Caster) (Fuyuki)
Gilles de Rais (Orléans)
Nero Claudius (Septem)
Medea (Lily) (Okeanos)
Nikola Tesla & Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter) (London)
Li Shuwen (Lancer), Medb, Thomas Edison & Cu Chulainn (Alter) (E Pluribus Unum)
Gawain, Bedivere, Tristan & Artoria Pendragon (Lancer) (Camelot)
Jaguar Man, Quetzalcoatl & Gorgon (Babylonia)
EMIYA (Alter) (Shinjuku)

Pejo

you fuse the dupes to increase their level cap and after doing it enough time their effect increases as well, depending on how rare the CEs are/good they are sometimes it's best not to fuse so you can put them on more than 1 servant

Alter Jeanne is not story locked, she is event limited. here is the list of unlocks

Artoria Pendragon (Alter) & Cu Chulainn (Caster) (Fuyuki)
Gilles de Rais (Orléans)
Nero Claudius (Septem)
Medea (Lily) (Okeanos)
Nikola Tesla & Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter) (London)
Li Shuwen (Lancer), Medb, Thomas Edison & Cu Chulainn (Alter) (E Pluribus Unum)
Gawain, Bedivere, Tristan & Artoria Pendragon (Lancer) (Camelot)
Jaguar Man, Quetzalcoatl & Gorgon (Babylonia)
EMIYA (Alter) (Shinjuku)

Awesome, thanks for all the info!

Blue-kun

Started playing this, it's basically my first game of this kind excluding FEH, which was sorta different, so I feel a bit lost. Been a huge Fate fan for a good while though, so it's more lost in the sense that I'm unsure on what order I should tackle quests and if one needs to focus on a single servant rather than building a bunch of them early on etc. Anyone got some general tips for beginners?

Also, how does one acquire the thingies needed for Ascension? I didn't even reroll since on my 1st roll I ended up getting a 4* Tamamo Cat and a 5* Saber/Altria, so I figured I was happy enough with that for now. Been leveling Saber mainly, and using her in conjunction with Shielder and a Support, and so far it's been quite OK @ Fuyuki. But I'd like to Ascend her, so I wouldn't mind starting work on that farming now if it's possible/avaible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom