• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensui-tomo

Carnival Phantasm already answered this question.

1340224313514.jpg

and this is how i imagine gaf during rerolls
tumblr_nu1d523Q8a1ssg673o1_500.gif

chrono01

haha, zero so far. but yeah it's probably a combination of not knowing the franchise (i gave up on the story halfway through the prologue) and the fact that it's tough to split time between this and FE:H for me. at least someone will benefit from me rerolls
Wow, I would have thought someone would have PM'd you by now.

Yeah, playing more than one gatcha game at a time can really sink into your free time, I know from personal experience. :/

If I'm going to do a few re-rolls, any specific units I should be aiming for?
Any of the 5* Servants are nice, but Waver is more future-proof of them (he's still top-tier in Japan). It depends on how persistent you want to be, haha.

Aside from that, you can just re-roll for a few strong 4* and call it quits at that, if you want. 5* servants aren't really needed to complete the story content and such, but they're nice to have. With the rates as low as they are (1%), you probably won't get too many over the course of the game so, regardless if they're needed or not, now is the best time to re-roll for one.

Basoes

I've been using him as a friend and he tears through missions like no ones business but he is a bit squishyis there a way to offset that or just abuse evade?

he gets his own evade on his 2nd ascension and his final skill gives him guts so when he dies he revives with 1k or more hp depending on the level

use Mashu to keep him alive with her invuln or someone else who can heal

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
So about that Tamamo Cat account I started yesterday. I didn't do any pulls aside from the mandatory tutorial one. Got up to 60 quartz today from story quests and I caved because I'm weak. Thankfully it was more than worth it.

Some folks are obsessing over Waver, but she's easily my favorite 5* from the current pool. Now, no more pulling for me until they release Scathach.

If anyone wants to add me, my ID is 865 837 289.

Shadic7700

he gets his own evade on his 2nd ascension and his final skill gives him guts so when he dies he revives with 1k or more hp depending on the level

use Mashu to keep him alive with her invuln or someone else who can heal
That makes sense thanks for the advice!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
For the recommended levels listed on missions, I'm assuming that refers to servant levels and not master level right?

BaconHat

Finally managed to do my first ascension with False assassin(Man, you really need a lot of Exp cards for later level ups.)
Granted, i probably won't need him ever after the France chapter, but i really like my swallow dragon killer.

Articalys

To whoever replied to me late last night about accounts, sorry, I went to bed right after my post and didn't check back to the forum until just now, and burned all the quartz on that account for fun (and got nothing of real interest).

Actually, I usually hate going into super-popular gacha game threads because there's lots of people boasting over their luck then I went and did the same thing... will probably come back to bite me later as karma.

----------------------------------

I hate to be yet another person asking, but exactly how fine is the difference between "you can clear story even with only good/great characters" and "you won't be able to beat events unless you have OP characters"?

Basoes

To whoever replied to me late last night about accounts, sorry, I went to bed right after my post and didn't check back to the forum until just now, and burned all the quartz on that account for fun (and got nothing of real interest).

Actually, I usually hate going into super-popular gacha game threads because there's lots of people boasting over their luck then I went and did the same thing... will probably come back to bite me later as karma.

----------------------------------

I hate to be yet another person asking, but exactly how fine is the difference between "you can clear story even with only good/great characters" and "you won't be able to beat events unless you have OP characters"?
it honestly depends on the event, most are doable with anything but 1 or 2 events you really need some power that only good servants have

also alot of events are story locked so you need to be up to date with the main story

edit-
Waifu Jeanne
Wkh9iGq.png

Mupod

Jeanne Herc and Emiya all 40

my FC is 874,596,699 if anyone needs needs a good tank or bruiser

aww yeah I was able to beat one of those level 25 missions with that Jeanne.

Vlad got his ass one shotted on the very first attack but thankfully I had Mash in the support slot. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Advise, should I be rolling another round of gacha once I've got enough saint quartz or should I be hoarding it for future?

My rolls only got me TamaCat and Liz, so I went ahead even without a 5* since I got sick of rerolls.

Basoes

Advise, should I be rolling another round of gacha once I've got enough saint quartz or should I be hoarding it for future?

My rolls only got me TamaCat and Liz, so I went ahead even without a 5* since I got sick of rerolls.

depends if you're happy with what you got, the starter 5 star servants are all good so you can't go wrong if you wanted to pick one up but you don't need them to complete the story

the best servant Jeanne Alter is limited but who knows when she'll pop up so I'm just gonna hoard for her

just hoard till you find one you like and be depressed when you don't get it

BaconHat

depends if you're happy with what you got, the starter 5 star servants are all good so you can't go wrong if you wanted to pick one up but you don't need them to complete the story

the best servant Jeanne Alter is limited but who knows when she'll pop up so I'm just gonna hoard for her

Best because of personal opinion/design or best tier based?

Also, she's not already in the game,
even through she's the main antagonist of Orleans
?

Uthred

Friend code: 065,543,340 Tired of re-rolling for the elusive "something better". Feel free to add me, running Waver in the friend slot. Which reminds me, is there any way to select which Servant shows up for friends or is it just whoever is in party 1 slot 1?

Basoes

Best because of personal opinion/design or best tier based?

Also, she's not already in the game,
even through she's the main antagonist of Orleans
?

both, and she's isn't in the game. she'll be able to gacha for only during special events like once or twice a year

Friend code: 065,543,340 Tired of re-rolling for the elusive "something better". Feel free to add me, running Waver in the friend slot. Which reminds me, is there any way to select which Servant shows up for friends or is it just whoever is in party 1 slot 1?

under formation there's is a support option just put what servants you want it to show in there

If you ever decide to reroll can I have your account? I'm aiming for a cat and Liz team purely for waifu reasons.

chrono01

Go to Menu, Formation, and then Support Setup. It'll allow you to pick/choose any one type of that specific type of Servant to show up on your Friend List (if they search by specific type), as well as an "All" option that sets your leader when your Friend searches for the All type (it's the default option when you search, yours is currently set to Mash).

Anyway, I've added you! Speaking of, anyone feel free to add me (currently leading with a Level 41 Waver that should hopefully be Level 50 by the end of the night, assuming my stamina lasts).

BaconHat

Go to Menu, Formation, and then Support Setup. It'll allow you to pick/choose any one type of that specific type of Servant to show up on your Friend List (if they search by specific type), as well as an "All" option that sets your leader when your Friend searches for the All type (it's the default option when you search, yours is currently set to Mash).

Anyway, I've added you! Speaking of, anyone feel free to add me (currently leading with a Level 41 Waver that should hopefully be Level 50 by the end of the night, assuming my stamina lasts).

How did you guys manage to level up your characters so fast?

jonjonaug

The 30 and 40 AP missions that can be grinded for XP are easy with the right setup (target all NPs and class counters), and at low levels you can level up your Master every 1-2 successes.

The downside to this is once you do level up it'll take a while to get through the story content cause you sure as heck won't get any free refills with the little XP you get there.

Kenai

I am not sure but I *think* there's some banners with increased rates on the featured characters? Of course that doesn't matter if you don't care about said characters. I know there's quite a few characters in the future that are considered really good, but people are pretty adamant about none of them being needed to clear content and I don't see any reason not to believe em. Since you can basically use one free OP character via friends that helps too.

I'm hoarding all of my quartz for exactly one character (and I will indeed be salty when I inevitably don't get him). Not even sure if his banner has increased drop rate either.

BaconHat

With all of you guys talking about keeping your quartz for a specific character/banner, i'm wondering ; what kind of update schedule are we looking at for this game? every 2 weeks? every month?

jonjonaug

With all of you guys talking about keeping your quartz for a specific character/banner, i'm wondering ; what kind of update schedule are we looking at for this game? every 2 weeks? every month?

After the first month or two there are supposed to be regular story updates every few months interspaced by events. Sometimes the events are just small stuff like "get free 1/2 star servants for clearing these certain limited time quests" or rate ups whereas other events are big things with guest writers, like the Fate/Zero themed event with Gen Urobuchi on board writing the scenario.

chrono01

Already answered, but:

The 30 and 40 AP missions that can be grinded for XP are easy with the right setup (target all NPs and class counters), and at low levels you can level up your Master every 1-2 successes.

The downside to this is once you do level up it'll take a while to get through the story content cause you sure as heck won't get any free refills with the little XP you get there.
That. :)

I am on the same boat.

I already saved 40 stars and kinda want to get Jeanne but I already have Mash in the party (I am not going to move her out because of waifu reasons) and Archer to attack.

Is it worth do a 10-roll?

Is there any way to play without having to use a friends servant?

Secondary servants only are usefull to come when one of your sevants die, right?

Tasukete

jonjonaug

I am on the same boat.

I already saved 40 stars and kinda want to get Jeanne but I already have Mash in the party (I am not going to move her out because of waifu reasons) and Archer to attack.

Is it worth do a 10-roll?

Is there any way to play without having to use a friends servant?

Secondary servants only are usefull to come when one of your sevants die, right?

Tasukete

>Is there any way to play without having to use a friends servant?
Not as far as I can tell. But you can put the support servant in the reserve party using the lineup button when deploying.

>Secondary servants only are usefull to come when one of your sevants die, right?
As far as I can tell yes. But you level up "bond" regardless of if the Servant is in the active or support party.

Mupod

User ID is 993 019 492 if anyone wants to play around with Vlad or Tamamo Cat. Master name Mu.

Trying to add GAF people as priority since I think there's a friends list limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom