• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Ultimoo said:
You might need to be more specific. I can't help you, but I'm sure someone could. What do you imagine when you say something is ponyized?
Like keeping the transparency but maybe adding a touch of color and a mane. :_)

OMG Aero

Okay everyone I have some bad news regarding this week's Synchtube. This Saturday I'm moving back home and won't have internet stable enough to run it, I'm working on getting the internet set up there but it won't be ready until next week or at the latest the week after. So we have three options and I'd like to hear which one most people prefer:
1) We do this week's Synchtube at the same time but on Friday instead of Saturday
2) I make someone else a mod and leave them in charge for this week so you can all watch at the usual time without me :(
3) We delay this week's Synchtube until next week when I might have the internet running again and either watch 4 episodes then or just get a week behind.

Obviously there is a chance that I might not have the internet set up for next week's stream either but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm up to episode three and I don't get the hate. The only cringe inducing part for me is the opening song and the singing segments. Fluttershy and Applejack are my favorite ponies so far.
Adelor Lyon said:
There are two episodes that were animated as part of season 1 but never released. Don't know why. They're scheduled to be released during season 2's run.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/26-episodes-clarification-from-daniel.html
Sounds more to me like they took the scenic route.

SolarPowered said:
I'm up to episode three and I don't get the hate. The only cringe inducing part for me is the opening song and the singing segments. Fluttershy and Applejack are my favorite ponies so far.

Sounds more to me like they took the scenic route.

I also enjoyed the series from the very start, have Fluttershy as my #1, Applejack as my #2 and don't like the intro. However, I find all of the other songs in the series to be really enjoyable and especially I love all of the great remixes people have done with them. In fact I have got many people into the show JUST from showing them some of the songs, xD. What about the songs makes them cringe inducing for you?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
SolarPowered said:
For the first 10 or so episodes I had to skip the opening, my mind is conditioned to have disdain for that song from the many MLP adverts from my youth. But damn is it catchy, now I can't imagine skipping it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
OMG Aero said:
New thread new avatar yo.

I like this idea!

OMG Aero said:
Okay everyone I have some bad news regarding this week's Synchtube. This Saturday I'm moving back home and won't have internet stable enough to run it, I'm working on getting the internet set up there but it won't be ready until next week or at the latest the week after. So we have three options and I'd like to hear which one most people prefer:
1) We do this week's Synchtube at the same time but on Friday instead of Saturday
2) I make someone else a mod and leave them in charge for this week so you can all watch at the usual time without me :(
3) We delay this week's Synchtube until next week when I might have the internet running again and either watch 4 episodes then or just get a week behind.

Obviously there is a chance that I might not have the internet set up for next week's stream either but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I think moving it to Friday would be the best option. Either that or option 2 in case a bunch of people can't make it.

SolarPowered said:

Glad to hear you're enjoying the show :).

tiff

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Well the thread just opened of course. It has that new thread smell, everyone is posting in here, even jenga!
Yeah, new anime OTs can get up to a thousand posts in just a day or too. It's the nature of a new thread.

Soloist

Neo Member
SolarPowered said:

So far, those songs are just Pinkie Pie being silly. Later on, there will be some catchy ones.

Also, glad to hear you're enjoying it. *welcometotheherd.gif*

AdawgDaFAB said:
I also enjoyed the series from the very start, have Fluttershy as my #1, Applejack as my #2 and don't like the intro. However, I find all of the other songs in the series to be really enjoyable and especially I love all of the great remixes people have done with them. In fact I have got many people into the show JUST from showing them some of the songs, xD. What about the songs makes them cringe inducing for you?
I have not listened to any of the remixes yet, but the opening song makes me feel more like a child than ever before. I watch all kinds of shows without discrimination, but that OP song is a little too much even for me lol.

I'd like to watch episode four right now, but I've got a calculus exam so I guess I'm out for a while. I am definitely digging the the show, though.

SolarPowered said:
I have not listened to any of the remixes yet, but the opening song makes me feel more like a child than ever before. I watch all kinds of shows without discrimination, but that OP song is a little too much even for me lol.

I'd like to watch episode four right now, but I've got a calculus exam so I guess I'm out for a while. I am definitely digging the the show, though.
I concur on the intro, I never liked it and I always mute it / skip past it when watching episodes. However, I really like the actual songs in the episodes and listen to them / remixes regularly. Either way, I am glad to see that you are enjoying the show.

Soloist said:
So far, those songs are just Pinkie Pie being silly. Later on, there will be some catchy ones.
Also this.

Pankaks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1zJJfaGeI is the URL. He left out the I at the end of it in his link.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
SolarPowered said:

You're not alone. Even after watching the entire season, I will still skip the intro when I rewatch episodes.

McNum said:
Remember that Sonic F April's fools "Camaraderie is Supernatural" we saw on one of the Synchtube sessions?

Episode two is out.
Camaraderie is Supernatural Episode 2: Elements of Parody

I lost it at the RPG bit.

Pankaks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1zJJfaGeI is the URL. He left out the I at the end of it in his link.

Thanks!

McNum

Okay, now I have watched Elements of Parody. And THAT is how you do My Little Pony abridged. Seriously, watch it.

I suggest this for the next Synchtube as the bonus video after the episodes.

OMG Aero

McNum said:
Remember that Sonic F April's fools "Camaraderie is Supernatural" we saw on one of the Synchtube sessions?

Episode two is out.

Haven't watched it yet, but it just popped into my Youtube subscriptions.

EDIT: Fixed link. Was a little too overzealous in cutting off the useless bits.
This is definitely the best parody series so far. The parody of Pinkie's song was actually good, Applejack's constantly changing accent was great and Fluttershy is still adorable.

Adelor Lyon

Neo Member
I wonder if I'm in the minority: I love the intro and watch it almost every time I watch an episode. It gets me in the mood for ponies. The part I appreciate is how the composer started the song very similar to the old show's, but then brings it to the modern era with the pseudo-rock theme. It's a nod to the show's legacy, as mediocre as that is, and then improves everything about it while remaining faithful to the original song. It's bouncy, catchy, and conveys very quickly Twilight's confusion over friendship and how her friends helped her see what friendship is, shows us each of her friends, and wraps up with Celestia being pleased with a letter from Twilight sharing her personal growth with her mentor.

I'm not often into painfully cute stuff, but this intro really works well for me visually, conceptually, and song-wise because I think there's more than just cute in it.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
McNum said:

Episode two is out.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I watched the first episode of this ages ago, and ever since I've been trying to remember what it was called.

The only thing I remembered from it was the "FORESHADOWING" bit, and I was about to write a post asking if someone could help me out.

XD

OMG Aero said:

Have you got any feedback on this yet besides Pankaks post up above? Anyways, I vote for Friday.

I'm fine with a Friday viewing.

That parody was pretty good. The RPG part was probably my favorite. I'm not a huge fan of the singing parts.

I still prefer Friendship is Witchcraft, but it's good to see quality parodies getting made.

McNum

Friday is fine with me, too. We did Friday when it was the season finale, anyway.

Also, one of the Related Videos to Camaraderie is Supernatural amuses me. "Camaraderie by UnitedStatesNavy".

If we are going to have that abridged vid on the synch tomorrow then I'll wait for then to watch it. I always like seeing things like that for the first time with others.

Master Milk said:
Huh, just noticed Uchip got a tag.

A neutral tag at that.

Ah you are right, congrats on the tag Uchip!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
SolarPowered said:
I think you'll get used to it. There are many people who are irked by it at first, but afterwards start loving it. And it is really able to cheer you up if you have any kind of nostalgia for the old tune.

Besides, you're saying "feel like a child" like it's a bad thing. It is quite possible that one day you will discover the value in that.

McNum said:

Episode two is out.

I don't know, they seem to be trying a little to hard. It has some nice jokes, but the rest of it plays too straight, in my opinion, and is almost like watching the original episode but with the voices switched and some parts edited out. It really could use some more jokes playing on each character's idiosyncrasies. Pinkie's singing was surprisingly bearable, for a (probable) amateur. Overall, a commendable effort, but could definitely use some writing improvements.

OMG Aero said:

I'm partial towards option 1, unless a large part of PonyGAF can't attend.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
There she is!

S3gcP.png

And as much as it pains me to say it, Panda has the next vote, he guessed Lyra in the Chat first :)

Myke Greywolf said:
Pinkie's singing was surprisingly bearable, for a (probable) amateur.
I dunno if it was the way that parody Giggle at the Ghostly was written, or slight rhythmic bits, or just the general sound of her voice, but I didn't like the singing. Equestria Girls at the end wasn't much better. She has the notes down, but high pitched singing is a tough thing to do in an endearing way. Maybe I'm being too critical comparing her to the original singer, but I find Pinkie's songs to be funny and endearing, and this rendition to be annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom