• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspard

So if i'm doing math right I get 70% + the Pro price of ARMS which is $33.

$33 + $23.1 = $56.1?

And I paid like $38 for it with GCU. This is really tempting for something I could re-buy down the line.

Mario Kart 8
Forza Horizon
Halo 3
Mario Party 10
Arkham Knight
Splatoon
Dying Light
The Evil Within
Mad Max
Halo Reach
Halo 2

Approximate total with bonus is 132. I sorta don't want to trade in some of these games but feel like since I usually play on my own its not worth keeping ( mk8, mp10, splatoon) and I want to play but I feel will be found cheaper later ( Dying Light, Evil Within). I imagine mp online with splatoon will die once splatoon 2 releases so I want to take advantage. 132 towards a switch in the future would make me happy but waiting for a deal to come up at gamestop will likely take a while.

$33 + $23.1 = $56.1?

And I paid like $38 for it with GCU. This is really tempting for something I could re-buy down the line.

Remember it's 70 percent already including pro. So arms is worth 30. Plus 70 percent of that which is 21. So 51.

Or in other words, 33 is with pro(10%) then add 60% actually.

$33 + $23.1 = $56.1?

what about the 5 other games that have to go with it to get the 70%?

Just went in and traded a bunch of games and got $283. I ended up getting Arms, Cave Story and the rest in steam gift cards.

Appreciate the heads up OP otherwise I would have never noticed.

Perineum

It could be worth buying a couple $1 games and flipping them back to up your bonus %

Hm. So $28 pro member for Injustice 2, $22.00 for bomberman. At 20% is $10.00. If I spend $4.00 to get up to 6 games, for the 70%, then $46 dollars would become $78. Yeah that's a no brainer shit.

I'll go do this tomorrow ASAP. No titles I want right now or pre order or anything, so I'll just pay off probably the entirety of my Destiny 2 LE.

Noice.

VICI0US

is the 70% offer limited to six games or can you trade in more than that at the bonus 70% rate?

I might take advantage and digitize my switch library by trading in all the games I purchased at super deep discounts with GCU and the best buy visa promotion.

like I bought MK8, zelda, arms, etc for $36 and this would let me trade them in for $56. that's pretty awesome.

dafodeu

Man as an employee of the company this is so so aggravating. I'm sorry, but "pressing the space bar" will not add no mother trucking warranty to the game, even when the prompt for adding the warranty comes up. That dude full well knew what he was doing, and it's not even necessary. Seriously, if he you know just asked folks normally if they'd like a warranty, he get more then enough for the day. Hell, pick and choose what customers you asked if you want, generally parents with kids for instance and he'd be fine, but no instead he rather ask no one, sneak that shit on your order then cry about how he can't hit numbers "cause theyre so high" then on top of that, do a disservice to you the customer. Like way to go Mr gamestop.

Wow just wow, I did have a feeling he was sneaking it on as I've read about stuff like that on these forums but I took his word for it that it was a mistake.

MrDaravon

Wow, thanks for the heads up on this OP! This is worthwhile for me for a bunch of older/middling games that Gamestop takes for like $4-6 normally where it's not really worth the hassle of me selling them individually online, this bonus bumps them up to at or near cash values online for a lot of them and I can just grab PSN cards for games I want to buy/pre-order digitally or fully pay off physical pre-orders.

Toki767

These were my totals from Friday. Other than Battlefront, everything else was very decent to very good after the extra 70% bonus. Ratchet and Clank is amazing since I bought it for $10 on Black Friday from GameStop themselves lol.

DDBs9pnVoAAlqWS.jpg

These were my totals from Friday. Other than Battlefront, everything else was very decent to very good after the extra 70% bonus. Ratchet and Clank is amazing since I bought it for $10 on Black Friday from GameStop themselves lol.

Did you have to bring in the wolf amiibo with zelda tp?

Aroll

These deals can work for cash (though, you get 20% less), unless the deal is tied to trading in TOWARDS a pre-order or purchase of something in store. If it's a straight trade in deal, it does work for cash.

Took advantage of a similar deal last year and walked out with $600 in cash (that 20% hit hurt, but it was way more than I would have gotten ebaying the items).

inner-G

Banned
These deals can work for cash (though, you get 20% less), unless the deal is tied to trading in TOWARDS a pre-order or purchase of something in store. If it's a straight trade in deal, it does work for cash.

Took advantage of a similar deal last year and walked out with $600 in cash (that 20% hit hurt, but it was way more than I would have gotten ebaying the items).
img_1209x9r90.jpg
These deals don't work on cash trades. It says it in the first line of the offer details

lt519

Damn, I usually trade in games to Amazon as soon as I beat them to get max value so I don't have 7 to trade in. Ooh well, sweet deal for everyone though, reminds me of that Target 3x trade in value a couple years ago. I actually remembered buying some games at Best Buy on a B2G1 and then opening them and trading them in at Target and making like $80 in an hour haha.

Shock32

Damn, I'm gonna do this on my lunch tomorrow, I have 6 vita games I never play plus a few ps4 games. On top of this you get 20% bonus towards crash bandicoot.

Damn, I'm gonna do this on my lunch tomorrow, I have 6 vita games I never play plus a few ps4 games. On top of this you get 20% bonus towards crash bandicoot.

Damn, didn't think of that, lol. Plus, they have the Crash demo up there.. it so sweeeeet!!

Edit: guess they won't stack.

Weebos

Banned
Just dumped a bunch of stuff on Pro day, though the cashier pulled some shenanigans and I got good deals.

Might have to unload some of the stuff I didn't bring.

I traded in six games I will never play again (including a shit trade-in of Sunset Overdrive which was worth nothing as I have the free Games with Gold digital version, but it put me up to 6 games qualifying me for the maximum offer). Ended up getting a new copy of Dragon Quest Heroes II, a Steam Link, and Steam Controller, for $5 out of pocket. This is an incredible offer.

Some really solid values looking at the games I have;

Overwatch - $34
1-2-Switch - $37.40
Bloodborne - $14.96 (It's been perma priced at $20 for a long time now)
TitanFall2 - $14.96
Doom - $14.96
MK8D - $51 (Someone on GAF suggested recently that it's nice to have it digitally for random racing, I really liked that idea. Willing to lose a couple dollars for it since I have GCU)
Wolfenstein - $13.09
Pokken Tournament - $25.50 (Not bad considering most who have it would rather have it on Switch)
Diablo 3 UED - $20.50
Pokemon HG/SS - $34 (Crazy considering how old they are lol)
Pokemon Black/White - $25.50
Pokemon Black/White 2- $28.90
Fire Emblem Echoes - $32.40 (Considering the game is only 32+ tax with GCU, awesome deal)
Fire Emblem Awakening - $34 (Take advantage while you can, you can get this at BB for $18 so it's bound to come down before the 9th lol)
Minecraft x360 Version - $11.22

Persona7

Banned
You should hold onto Pokemon and the Fire Emblem games. They always get bumped. A while back I got almost $50 for the duplicate fire emblem games I bought for $20 - GCU at best buy.

solaaire

Neo Member
Thanks for the heads up. Got around ~$200 worth of stuff to trade in and I'm thinking about snagging a "GameStop Premium Refurbished" Xbox One S for $209, but I have a couple of questions:

Are GameStop's refurbished consoles half-decent? I obviously don't want something that's going to shit the bed in half of a year and be out of luck.

Also, is the Xbox One S noticeably faster than the original in terms of UI/App speed? I have the original xbone and I gotta to say the experience feels sluggish, even with the latest update.

Luke_Wal

Heck yeah! Just gathered together a bunch of games and my New 3DS XL ($25 trade in promo), and by my math, I should have almost $300 to put towards a New 2DS XL preorder and whatever Switch stuff I happen to see in store tomorrow. Thanks, OP!

Some really solid values looking at the games I have;

Overwatch - $34
1-2-Switch - $37.40
Bloodborne - $14.96 (It's been perma priced at $20 for a long time now)
TitanFall2 - $14.96
Doom - $14.96
MK8D - $51 (Someone on GAF suggested recently that it's nice to have it digitally for random racing, I really liked that idea. Willing to lose a couple dollars for it since I have GCU)
Wolfenstein - $13.09
Pokken Tournament - $25.50 (Not bad considering most who have it would rather have it on Switch)
Diablo 3 UED - $20.50
Pokemon HG/SS - $34 (Crazy considering how old they are lol)
Pokemon Black/White - $25.50
Pokemon Black/White 2- $28.90
Fire Emblem Echoes - $32.40 (Considering the game is only 32+ tax with GCU, awesome deal)
Fire Emblem Awakening - $34 (Take advantage while you can, you can get this at BB for $18 so it's bound to come down before the 9th lol)
Minecraft x360 Version - $11.22

Trade them in and you'll be covered for the year!

gardfish

God damn, if the values listed on the app are right and I didn't do my math wrong I'll get an excess of $300 in trade-in value here. I didn't think I'd be getting a Switch for a while, but if true I might have one in my very near future.

God damn, if the values listed on the app are right and I didn't do my math wrong I'll get an excess of $300 in trade-in value here. I didn't think I'd be getting a Switch for a while, but if true I might have one in my very near future.

Yup, and remember $300 is $300. No tax on credit.

Thanks for the heads up. Got around ~$200 worth of stuff to trade in and I'm thinking about snagging a "GameStop Premium Refurbished" Xbox One S for $209, but I have a couple of questions:

Are GameStop's refurbished consoles half-decent? I obviously don't want something that's going to shit the bed in half of a year and be out of luck.

Also, is the Xbox One S noticeably faster than the original in terms of UI/App speed? I have the original xbone and I gotta to say the experience feels sluggish, even with the latest update.

Dude.. they just had oneS's brand new with a $50 gift card last week. I missed it as well, but it'll be more sales n stuff so just save the credit or put it to preorders you'll never get. (I do that sometimes)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
PS VR trade in value is $90? Is this a joke?

Used to love those moments where you'd be standing behind someone trading in games and you offer them a few dollars more in cash than what the clerk offered. Got many a 360 game like that when I was living in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom