• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecto311

Idk if anybody seen this or whatever but best buy got a thing where you can trade in any working laptop for a $75 credit lol

https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog/product-families/laptops

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1401958

I seen that and have one I could trade but anyone know how to combine that with the gamestop credit in some way to all go at amazon or something like that? It's nice to have a ton of credit but it would be really helpful to all be in one spot.

Persona7

Banned
I was doing my final GC to AMZ transaction and the employee was like HOLY SHIT and then suspended the transaction somehow and called the manager over to look at the screen. They were shocked by the 60k points I had on that account and explained the entire power up gift certificate process and continued the transaction. I quickly swiped my card and they didn't suspect a thing.

kirblar

I was doing my final GC to AMZ transaction and the employee was like HOLY SHIT and then suspended the transaction somehow and called the manager over to look at the screen. They were shocked by the 60k points I had on that account and explained the entire power up gift certificate process and continued the transaction. I quickly swiped my card and they didn't suspect a thing.
I have 42K and I didn't even abuse the system! (only did Wal-Mart/BB->GStop flips for value, and not more than one per title)

So, an update on my Switch situation. (This is an email I sent)
I placed an order for a Nintendo switch on July 4th and it was cancelled through what I was told was a "glitch" on July 6th. On July 7th I called in the morning and informed a CSR of the situation. She re-ordered my Switch bundle, and informed me it was being shipped overnight and I was set to receive it on Saturday, July 8th.

Later tonight, I received an email saying my new order was cancelled. I called and they assured me it was an 'error', except now this order isn't set to get to me until Tuesday, July 11th. This is FOUR DAYS after when I should have received my system. This, to me, is both unacceptable and ridiculous. I placed an additional call today only to find out my Switch is now BACKORDERED.

Dboss2289

Neo Member
I was able to get $300 of my trade credit on a gift card, just grab a gift card off the rack, tell them how much you want on there and when the card swiper is ready for you just swipe the trade card. Dont say anything and they wont care

autoduelist

I heard its hit or miss though. I'll let you know what my local stores say.

I couldn't get it to work online. The transaction kept failing at different stages, so I'm not sure where the issue was.

Went into the store and converted to GS gift card no problem. I'll try converting to Amazon gc soon.

And to those recent posts... stop asking first. The first rule of -any- situation like this at any store is you never, ever ask first. You just do.

I seen that and have one I could trade but anyone know how to combine that with the gamestop credit in some way to all go at amazon or something like that? It's nice to have a ton of credit but it would be really helpful to all be in one spot.
The best buy promo too late. Apparently they take 3 trades a year. So we couldve possibly used $225 FREE DOLLARS to buy games at best buy and then flip them at gamestop for maximum monies

bigkrev

So for people turning their trade credit into Gift Cards and then turning them into Amazon... do you get like 6 $50 gift cards, or do they let you put $300 trade credit onto a single gift card?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sold 4 games for a total of $80. Not exactly the best outcome like some other users in this game got. But there's no harm in getting 80 dollars for games I probably wouldn't be replaying for year(s).

Jrs3000

So for people turning their trade credit into Gift Cards and then turning them into Amazon... do you get like 6 $50 gift cards, or do they let you put $300 trade credit onto a single gift card?

They let you put however you want on a gift card.

Buy GameStop gift cards. Go to another store, buy Amazon gift cards with GameStop gift cards.

It's called money laundering! I did it today.

No it's not. Nothing illegal about it.

Ecto311

Can I buffer my trade in credit against an amazon card? I have like 196.15 on one card. Can I do the card then rest off cash to get a solid $200 on the amazon gift card? Does the system allow that?

Briarios

You don't need to do that - if you have an Amazon account, use an Amazon Cash barcode; it will drop the gift certificate directly into your account for whatever amount you want. I put $100 in on Saturday at a GameStop. Just ask them to take an Amazon Cash payment for whatever amount, show them your barcode to have them scan it, then swipe your gift card (don't ask, just do).

As a bonus, right now you get a $10 Amazon credit the first time you put at least $20 on your account through Amazon cash!

Glix

I got my Doom, KH 2.8 and Robinson copies in the mail that I bought with some of my huge credit haul.

So unreal that they don't even bother fucking re-shrinkwrapping the ones that were opened anymore. Disgusting.

Still, happy to have my new games!

NeonBlack

I did 300 for each. Both times the employee was like "wow what's the occasion".

My non-existent brother had a birthday and graduation.

Amazon gift cards aren't cash.

He's referencing that some employees want to call it that.

BlueSteel

Gamestop shipped my GC (just a gamestop gc) via regular mail... now I'm sweating it out because it doesn't have tracking. The rest of my items from that order already came. Hopefully it doesn't lead to this, but I don't even know what'll happen if it doesn't come, since most of order was paid via the trade-in card.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So what's the difference between the trade in credit cards they give you and a GameStop gift card?

Are they the same?

There are a few differences. When paying for items using Trade-in Credit cards, in certain states, in-store (easiest way to do this). the portion of purchase made using trade-in credit may be tax free since the taxes were paid on the initial purchases of the product which was traded in. In other words, in those states, if you pay in full with Trade-in Credit off that kind of card, the tax will be removed from the purchase.

Trade-in Credit cards can be used to purchase Gamestop Gift Cards, but might not be able to purchase other kinds of Gift Cards or applied to Amazon Cash. Not 100% sure on this.

Regular Gamestop Gift cards can be used to purchase anything, but all purchases made using this are subject to tax regardless of the State they are purchased in.

Ecto311

In store right now cool manager and swiped card against gift card to Amazon and it didn't work. He's looking into why but a heads up gift card to Amazon didn't work here.

In store right now cool manager and swiped card against gift card to Amazon and it didn't work. He's looking into why but a heads up gift card to Amazon didn't work here.

Where?

Went to 2 locations and converting GS cards to Amazon has not worked, even though the employees were cool about it. It just didn't take in their system for whatever reason. Employee did say afterwards that eBay or Amazon cards can't be purchased with trade credit or GameStop gift cards. There are 2 other locations around me that I will try. WIll give the Amazon Cash thing a try since people have had success doing that. In Charleston, SC btw.

Ecto311

Where?

Went to 2 locations and converting GS cards to Amazon has not worked, even though the employees were cool about it. It just didn't take in their system for whatever reason. Employee did say afterwards that eBay or Amazon cards can't be purchased with trade credit or GameStop gift cards. There are 2 other locations around me that I will try. WIll give the Amazon Cash thing a try since people have had success doing that. In Charleston, SC btw.

Pueblo Colorado and dude called his manager for me. They said Amazon is like a visa card now and no go. He was actually bummed since people would go there and get those and buy other shit now that will stop.

Sold 4 games for a total of $80. Not exactly the best outcome like some other users in this game got. But there's no harm in getting 80 dollars for games I probably wouldn't be replaying for year(s).

lol jeez we need to get a thread title change or updated op here. Newcomers to this thread are getting hustled like a gamestop 4th of july

Deals dead guys. Don't trade your shit at gamestop until the end of the month when they bump trade values or have a good deal like full 70% trade in cred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom