• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCgamer

Different representative this time he said yes to a refund on tax charged he wants me to fax him evidence of state tax exempt refund will be in form of virtual gift card any links I can print out?

wanders

Different representative this time he said yes to a refund on tax charged he wants me to fax him evidence of state tax exempt tefund will be in form of virtual gift card any links I can print out?

lol do you own a business or something?

Your state may charge tax on purchases made with store credit.

reKon

Banned
Those who were charged for shipping and/or tax on their Switch orders give Gamestop Customer Service a call once it arrives. They refunded me for both(about $60 in total).

Called just now. They told me that shipping wasn't charged, but tax still gets charged.

I did in-store pick up using my trade-in credit and I live in IL.

ironmang

Can you exchange games within a gamestop bundle if they're the same price? I don't really have much interest in ARMS and would prefer to just trade that for BOTW if I were to buy that bundle.

So gamestop tried to screw me over and it looks like it backfired on them. I ordered a PSVR and a PS4 and got another PS4 for free. They charged me over $600 and sent me the PSVR and the free PS4. The other PS4 never shipped out so I called to ask about it. They said that the promo wasn't supposed to be online and that the system automatically cancelled the other PS4. The guy gave me 50,000 points but said that there was nothing he could do since the promotion ended. I was pissed off but sucked it up since I wouldn't even have the PS4 and PSVR if it wasn't for the trade promotion. Anyway, since they cancelled the PS4 that I actually paid for, they put the balance back on my trade card. So as of now, I got a PSVR and a PS4 for less than $400 and I still have over $250 on my trade card. I guess I should be excited but I did learn that their website is a clusterfukk and I will do my best to avoid ordering off there in the future. Are the stores giving people crap about moving money from a trade card to a gift card? I don't care about moving to Amazon cash since I want to put this on a Xbox One X. I just want to move it to an actual gift card just in case they come back one last time to try to screw me.

Jafku

starting investment: $75
bought 4 games from bestbuy and traded in botw and persona 5
Return: $620 in GS credit and botw (digital)

I bought a switch neon bundle from web in store and was charged tax even though i payed fully in trade credit that casheir told me once i recieve the bundle i should bring it to store were he will do a return repurchase and then i wont be charged tax. He even agreed to return the extra items that came in the bundle. Really happy

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys, how long is this deal going to go ? I have a few games but I'm rushing through 1 more to make it an even 4 to trade tomorrow.

Slaylock

On the trade-in page on gamestop.com, it shows two values ($5 and $5.50 in this case). When I did my trade-in, they only gave me the base value ($5) + 70%. Is this correct?

OsmoJf.jpg

starting investment: $75
bought 4 games from bestbuy and traded in botw and persona 5
Return: $620 in GS credit and botw (digital)

What games did you get? I wanna do one last run tonight.

Or anyone reading what’s a good chunk of games to buy to flip from BB?

Before this is over, let's go over everything you( I ) got from this deal and legendary thread:

Starting investment: $140
Ending credit: $800

I didn't flip back into cash, just stacked my collection up.

I got: Brand new silver DS4, FFXII (paid), FFXII collectors guide, Crash, Kiwami (paid), Xbox ones S, sunset overdrive, halo 5, gears 4, new headset, psn/ Xbox gift cards. Bought $100 credit left.

Very straight. Got all systems now and been playing Ori and it's dope!

Starting Investment: $102 and 6 3DS games I was looking to sell anyway.

Ending Credit: $589

I got: Mario x Rabbids, Metroid: Samus Returns and $500 in Amazon Cash.

I only did 2 B2G1 flips and I still made enough to get a PS4 when KH3 comes out, which is nice. It mainly just felt good to kind of get back at Gamestop for all the times they gave nothing for my games when I was a kid haha. Best of all, I had a lot of fun hanging out in this thread with y'all :)

Thanks to this deal, I now have all 3 major systems!

I already had a Neon switch and PS4 Pro; was able to add a new XBox One S in white, brand new with GS trade credit. I got my husband one, too! (He also has all three systems now) - thanks to this deal, finally have XBOS'.

I also bought Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Gears + Rare Replay, Masterchief Collection, Forza Horizon 2, Dead Rising 3, State of decay, Red Dead Game of Year edition, Quantum Break, Ori and some other backwards compatible and 3 months live and $65 MS Store funds + Cave Story on Switch, Zelda Blue hard case for Switch. Paid off all of these: Metroid 2 pack Amiibos, Chrom Amiibo, FFXII Remaster, Metroid 3DS US special Edition.

So basically all those games, 2 XBox One S systems (one used and one brand new w/ red controller added) and 3 months live and funds and $600 remaining credit.

Score of the decade.

sensui-tomo

to people reading this late, the deal isnt worth it anymore, you wont make the money the most of us had at this point. Trade in values tanked hard on the 4th.

MAtgS

to people reading this late, the deal isnt worth it anymore, you wont make the money the most of us had at this point. Trade in values tanked hard on the 4th.

So I had found out earlier today. Circumstances prevented me from acting sooner & now I'm short $14.

Spladam

I went after the trade in values tanked, didn't do the shuffle but I traded in some games I didn't want and got 5 new kick ass games, I'm happy. I knew the dude working there and we talked about the game stop shuffle with the promos and had a good laugh, and then talked about video games for 2 hours.

All-in-all, no free Switch but I"m happy.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Yeah, sadly they took a pretty significant dive. For Honor was $22 the last time I looked and now its $12 and that's a game I want to trade as I won't be playing it anymore.

Ah well, the current games I've got ready for trading which I know for a fact I won't be playing any time soon again amount to $75 so I should be good for a few new releases for the remaining year.

Kinda funny to see people get hundreds/thousands of free money from GameStop and then go through hoops about $30 tax charges :p. Come on peeps, eat the tax haha

Like I get the want to not pay it, but I would kinda shrug and be like, okay well the Switch I just got basically cost me $30 tax on invisible money. Cool with me

SS4Ricky

Neo Member
Grats to everyone that made some good money off of it. I worked pretty much every day leading up to the 4th and was only able to get to GameStop once. Did the trade in and got $166 for all my games I didn't care for. Thought I was pretty good until I realized that was just the start, and then you gotta do b2g1. But eff it $166 will get my Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem warriors so I'm straight.

Grats to everyone that made some good money off of it. I worked pretty much every day leading up to the 4th and was only able to get to GameStop once. Did the trade in and got $166 for all my games I didn't care for. Thought I was pretty good until I realized that was just the start, and then you gotta do b2g1. But eff it $166 will get my Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem warriors so I'm straight.

That's still good. We needed a refresher and I'm glad they did this promotion. Made some good friends in the process as well.

Ronin Ray

Kinda funny to see people get hundreds/thousands of free money from GameStop and then go through hoops about $30 tax charges :p. Come on peeps, eat the tax haha

Like I get the want to not pay it, but I would kinda shrug and be like, okay well the Switch I just got basically cost me $30 tax on invisible money. Cool with me

What other kinda people do you think would do this lol

They let me put all my trade credit onto a Gamestop giftcard (said they wouldn't allow using it towards an Amazon gift card), so I took that gift card to another Gamestop and bought an Amazon gift card and a copy of Injustice 2 since it was on sale. As others were mentioning here, I just swiped the gift card and it went through without an issue. Good stuff.

I did almost the same thing except put my credit into the Amazon cash barcode instead of gift card. Worked like a charm. Injustice 2 is slick af too.

I wish I maxed out at 2k like some of yall lol. But it's hard to complain about 460 in Amazon money.

Thanks again for the heads up GAF!

bodine1231

I should have gotten all phones instead a mix of ipads and phones. I sold both iphones 7 within 1hr for $800 and traded a guy an ipad air 2 for a pvm (yes!) locally. I guess I'll have to put them on eBay.

Wanderer5

I was thinking of doing another batch today, but meh, I doubt I am going to get much now. But hey still got $70 this last Friday to save for whatever.

Is it still worth it? I only had 1 game I wanted to trade in.

No, because the whole point of the deal is that you get 60% more when you trade in 6 or more games.

Also, I just brought in Disgaea 4, Infamous 2, God of War 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy 13-2 (all PS3), and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for Wii U. I was offered $10 after the extra 60% and PUR bonus (10%). Most games they offered me $0.04 for.

Guess I'm glad I got in while the getting was good!

I went back today and traded in some more 3ds and ds games, got back about 170 and bought FF12, mario kart 8 deluxe, some switch accessories and pre-ordered danganronpa v3. I had enough leftover where they had some beats tour earbud headphones on clearance for 35 dollars. It was a good day today.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Oh yeah so I'm guessing this has been done to death at this point.

I have ~$300 in Power Up Rewards points.

If I want to get out of the Eco System do I just go to the store and ask for a $300 Amazon gift card?

I also saw someone mention go to the store and get it put on a GS gift card, then go home and purchase an Amazon gift card for a little more than your GS credit and use a credit card to pay the difference?

So I called three loacal gamestops. Two said no to buying and one said maybe to buying gift cards with Trade credit. :(

Luckily a dude on Craigslist is willing to buy my trade credit.

bastardly

i just did the GS gc -> amazon gc, it sounds like it is YMMV. Mine had no real issues, he did ask to see my gamestop gc after i swiped it since an error popped up but he just said " that's weird, but it still went through".

I'm gonna keep around 400 for a switch, and and the rest is going to amazon. Thanks everyone!

So I called three loacal gamestops. Two said no to buying and one said maybe to buying gift cards with Trade credit. :(

Luckily a dude on Craigslist is willing to buy my trade credit.

don't call, just show up and do it.

the only thing stopping it from happening would be the people there, the system allows it to process

don't call, just show up and do it.

the only thing stopping it from happening would be the people there, the system allows it to process

I have a gift card for Gamestop (converted my trade credit to a gift card). If I just showed up and swiped my gift card for an Amazon gift card would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom