• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Kushner Now Under FBI Scrutiny in Russia Probe, Say Officials

I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing that this is out there and that Jared now knows.

Maybe it's bad in that he will be more careful moving forward and destroy his paper trail.

But the alternative good is that this news will make him panic and, in attempting to destroy the paper trail he'd have otherwise safely ignored, will end up implicating himself more directly (and in a way that is actually prosecutable).

I'm leaning toward the second option. He's an idiot.

Dirca

Drag him!!!

YAS DRAG HA
giphy.gif

No one believes you.

You obviously missed the post where I asked for proof of my support and praising of Trump and it couldn't be found. You also missed my post histories saying he's terrible for the job and I believe he's guilty. But please, continue ignoring this.

Dirca

Treason is punishable by death.

Did I miss the article where Kushner cured cancer and gave it out for free?
Treason is also punishable by serving time in prison, paying a fine, and being barred from ever holding office again. If he is tried, found guilty of treason, and convicted, don't get your hopes up for a death penalty.

I find it hysterical that everyone took that comment as literal as they could.

Nobody gets charged with treason. Unless kushner acted to actively harm Americans he won't be convicted on that charge. The last time someone was charged with treason was like 70 years ago.

Arttemis

Treason is also punishable by serving time in prison, paying a fine, and being barred from ever holding office again. If he is tried, found guilty of treason, and convicted, don't get your hopes up for a death penalty.

I find it hysterical that everyone took that comment as literal as they could.

lol no

If I had to wager a guess, the IC's plan is essentially "Death by a Thousand Cuts" from the leaks. They're letting loose the floodgates to constantly barrage Trump and sink his numbers as low as possible, and possibly just keep pressuring him nonstop until he caves in and resigns.

However, it might be that they have to back off from the leaks for a while soon, so that the fatigue can wear off and they can then come back strong with more leaks and scandals.

I think the more likely motivation is that they know that when Trump is under pressure, his go-to move is to run his mouth or fire out a self destructive tweet storm, which will eventually give them something useful.

I think the leaks are definitely tactical, they were looking into Jared months ago so I think it got filtered downward then leaked from there.

I think the reason for the leaks is a hysteria inside the IC that nothing is happening quickly and our worst fears are actually resoundingly true.

It's like the IC is on Season 6 of Game of Thrones. And we, the public are still rewatching season 3.

The speed of information sharing is far outstripping the proper slow as fuck procedure and people are getting skittish and impatient for everyone to catch up.

YoungFa

I think the leaks are definitely tactical, they were looking into Jared months ago so I think it got filtered downward then leaked from there.

I think the reason for the leaks is a hysteria inside the IC that nothing is happening quickly and our worst fears are actually resoundingly true.

It's like the IC is on Season 6 of Game of Thrones. And we, the public are still rewatching season 3.

The speed of information sharing is far outstripping the proper slow as fuck procedure and people are getting skittish and impatient for everyone to catch up.
The purpose of the investigation is not to entertain the public. It is this attitude to news and politics which got you guys in this mess in the first place.

Top Bottom